Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Petition for fvs TOD rings to be added

Turbine, it has been so long and Favored Souls still do not have their rings in TOD.

Any favored soul will be happy to have the Archmage Set, Shintao set or FB set (for melee WF fvs) but every time one of these rings drop, they are put for roll only for the "rightful class" : FB up for roll for Barbarians, AM for wizards & Shintao for monks.

Can you imagine how FRUSTRATING it is to see the ring you've been wanting for so long drop and you CANNOT roll for it? Why the Archmage set would benefit an AM more than a FvS? This is really unfair.

2 options are available : - Either make ppl understand that FvS have no rings and we don't join TODs and use our ressources to see you get your wished ring.
    -Turbine spends some time making those rings to make everyone happy.

My main is on his 5th life; it took me a year to finish my esos. (I've been running TODs during that entire year). He now has EVERYTHING but the TOD rings, and that's after 47 TOD runs. (20 on first life (unlucky), then some each life).

You're petitioning for the wrong thing.

You should be petitioning for a total revamp of the ToD rings system to cut the number of rings in the raid by 2/3 and then adding a ring for the favored soul class.

If they just added 3 new rings (and really, they'd be adding 9 new rings to accommodate favored souls, artificers and the upcoming druids), you'd be looking for 1 or 2 rings in 41, instead of 1 in 32 or whatever we have now, and people rarely get the ring they are after now.

Next time, explain to the raid party you join that you will not run with any of them again if they don't let you, one of the healers, roll on a ring you need.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

ToD rings for FvS would be nice to have, I guess, but chances are they'd end up being useless, just like most of the other ToD rings, and just pollute the loot table. I wish ToD was more of a crafting system, with the Raid dropping ingredients that could be turned in for rings. That way, new PrE rings could be added without diluting the loot tables.

There's definitely a problem of narrow expectations of who is "supposed" to get what rings. People have the right to limit who gets to roll on their loot, of course, but I suspect many genuinely (but erroneously) believe they're exercising "need before greed" when they do so.

Shintao is best-in-slot for all Melee, not just Monks. ShintaoIIIs get almost nothing of value from the set, over what other melee get.

FB set is actually better for Monks, in my opinion, than it is for most FBIIIs. FB set is the best belt-slot set for Monks, while Ravager is better in most cases for all other Melee, including FBIIIs.

Archmage is the only good set for healing/casting FvS. Same for Clerics, too, in my opinion.

Warchanter set is terrible for actual Warchanters (even non-melee ones, since it's a DPS spell set, not DC spell set), but not bad for casters.

I'd like to start a petition for some sort of "ring trade in token" on a 20th that you can trade in barter box style for the ring of your choice due to the already outrageous amount of rings present and crappy drop rates.
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

While its more work for you, you're more likely to get results with the first solution you proposed. That is to make it clear that if your favored soul cannot roll on a ring then you won't be joining their raid group. I know it will be frustrating and you may get into fewer groups as a result. But odds are people need you more than you need them, but if you continue letting them walk all over you then they will.

As a note, its perfectly ok in my book for a person to say "my loot thus my right to dispose of it how I like." Nevertheless, as a result, it is also therefore perfectly ok for another person to say, "why should I bother joining your group then if I won't be given an equal chance at the loot?" After that, its just a question of who is better able to follow through on their position, more desirable to the group, less replaceable, etc.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Maybe they should just drop the naming scheme/item descriptions on the rings. Even combine some of the sets, as some are less desirable than others anyways. If things go as planned we will eventually need 30+ some individual sets. Just drop the specific name on them to something more generic. Not every build is going to be the same and with the new enhancement system coming, being pigeonholed into one set is pretty silly.

Community Member

The thing is that most of classes don't want ToD set of their class anyway. You should be allowed to roll for those sets as fvs, people that think it's only for 'right class' are rather silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Turbine, it has been so long and Favored Souls still do not have their rings in TOD.

Any favored soul will be happy to have the Archmage Set, Shintao set or FB set (for melee WF fvs) but every time one of these rings drop, they are put for roll only for the "rightful class" : FB up for roll for Barbarians, AM for wizards & Shintao for monks.

Can you imagine how FRUSTRATING it is to see the ring you've been wanting for so long drop and you CANNOT roll for it? Why the Archmage set would benefit an AM more than a FvS? This is really unfair.

2 options are available : - Either make ppl understand that FvS have no rings and we don't join TODs and use our ressources to see you get your wished ring.
    -Turbine spends some time making those rings to make everyone happy.

My main is on his 5th life; it took me a year to finish my esos. (I've been running TODs during that entire year). He now has EVERYTHING but the TOD rings, and that's after 47 TOD runs. (20 on first life (unlucky), then some each life).
    I've yet been excluded from a ring roll becasue its not match my class.
    Just dont join groups who do so, I see lfms sitting for 15-30 minutes for this single divine to join. If you cannot roll for the ring you want - just let them keep waiting.

FVS can be any of healer, caster and melee. If they cannot understand that dont join them.

And aye, it'll be nice to have fvs rings.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

Well, obviously the idea behind the rings is to play into the various PrEs. Thus there should be dozens of different types. I actually want them to add more to support the new PrEs. Unfortunately stuffing ALL of them into a single location at a low rate means you have a stupidly low chance of getting that specific ring you want. Unfortunately trade-ins will stop people from putting rings they don't need up for roll... leading to plain greed and guild only raids. I would rather see them scatter all the rings to various raids with each raid having a chance at specific rings and having new raid loot added to TOD. That, or the 20th completion ALWAYS listing EVERY ring type.

As for the specific case of them not allowing your FvS to roll... that's just dumb. I definitely agree with putting that contigency of "I get to roll on xx rings, or I don't join". I'd certainly let that FvS into my party as I don't find wanting to roll for an item you think you need greedy. Now if you said "I get xx ring, or I don't join"... well then eff you.

Tod rings should be blanks with +6 for each stat on them.

You upgrade them to +1 exceptional and whatever prestige you want with trophies.

Simple, customizable - enjoyable.

it would seem adding new named loot would take more effort than simply adding in 'recipes' to a crafting altar.

Of course then it will seem too easy - Turbine doesnt want you running a raid 5 times for a ring - they want you running it 80 times. And still maybe not get the ring you actually need. Thats how they define fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Tod rings should be blanks with +6 for each stat on them.

You upgrade them to +1 exceptional and whatever prestige you want with trophies.

Simple, customizable - enjoyable.

it would seem adding new named loot would take more effort than simply adding in 'recipes' to a crafting altar.

Of course then it will seem too easy - Turbine doesnt want you running a raid 5 times for a ring - they want you running it 80 times. And still maybe not get the ring you actually need. Thats how they define fun.
    I approve this idea. While some people may prefer the luck-based grinding over the completion-based grinding the reaction of adding new rings to ToD underscores the limits of a luck-based grinding on a player's nerves. If they add in new rings, I'd prefer a blank ring upgrade system with three tiers (+6, +1 exc, set bonus), appropriate ingredient cost (trophies - god forbid new ingredients), and an accompanying crafting station system. It could either mimic the currently existing rings or allow full customization depending on player preferences. Costs should probably be set towards about 20 completions for one fully upgraded ring.

Potential problems with this approach is that you can share ingredients between your characters (except the blank) making the limiting factor for multiple-character players be the ring and can swap trophies within chest anyway advantaging guild runs. And we just know that only having trophies be the ingredient cost is not going to fly so expect more ingredients that weigh a ton and fill up bag space (though perhaps the tod boot ingredients could be used to up the cost now that they are dropping in more places).
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

If they add more collectibles or "crafting" systems, they'll get chewed out by the other half of the player base.

Some players vehemently hate luck based loot and prefer steady progress. Others think any sort of crafting and ingredient system is the ultimate evil. Or they think that they should somehow be able to use their ingredients from other content to get the items from newer content, even if that new content is higher level or a raid..

There are good arguments either way. Crafting systems guarantee you'll get the item you want, but guarantee you'll have to run the content multiple times to do so. Random drops mean you can get lucky and only have to run a quest once. Or it might mean ransacking a quest every week for quite a while...

Yes, turbine, please! show favored souls some love. im sure the community will receive news of new items geared towards helping favored souls with joyous celebration.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Total revamp of ToD ring acquisition method WILL be needed no later than at enhancement revamp. The latest information regarding prestige classes is, that one character will be able to attain 2 tier III prestige class enhancements. This could make the already rare rings up to twice as hard to get.

More on topic: I'm totally in support of EVERY (prestige) class getting it's own ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormaerin View Post
    If they add more collectibles or "crafting" systems, they'll get chewed out by the other half of the player base.

Some players vehemently hate luck based loot and prefer steady progress. Others think any sort of crafting and ingredient system is the ultimate evil. Or they think that they should somehow be able to use their ingredients from other content to get the items from newer content, even if that new content is higher level or a raid..
    A model that could satisfy both sides might be: Blank, per-class rings drop instead of PrE-rings. The likelyhood of getting a ring would be the same as now, but it would be a 1/12 chance of getting the one you want, instead of 1/30 or whatever. They come without stats, or any set bonus unlocked. Stats would be added using the Tier1 and Tier2 GS recipes, with 3 trophies for the +6 stat, and 6 trophies for the current "incredible potential" effects. The set bonus would be unlocked using a single shard Tier3 recipe. Just assign a focus type to act as a selector of which PrE bonus to unlock (use the new crafting interface design to make it easy to see which is needed). To offset this new demand for Larges, the drop-rate of Large ingredients in the Sulu chest would increase to a 50% chance per player.

This way, no more ingredients than we have now, and you still need to run ToD.

I personally think this a great idea. FvS's need some love too.
    /signed
    Don't take me too seriously. I'm from Khyber.
    <-Vaecin, Favored Soul->
    <-Vaecis, Monk->
    <-Vaeporize, Sorcerer->

Community Member

It's the same for Clerics, so don't feel too bad. Yeah, we get ToD rings, but if I had one drop FOR ME, I'd put it up for roll. I mean, seriously, +6 Wisdom as the base on each one (we all have our Wisdom elsewhere, sometimes two or three places ALREADY, we don't need that) and they match with the WORST belts too! I just got very lucky with a ToD guild run (WOOT DRAGONSLAYERZ) and got the Dragonmarked ring. Yeah, I don't HAVE a dragonmark, but Charisma and Exceptional Wisdom are WAY better than Wisdom and Exceptional Charisma, that 2 of the 3 Cleric Rings Have.

The Warpriest Set would be okay, I guess, but even then not something I'd care about. And I wear the Warpriest Belt.

We need to weed out the crappy rings, add some more good ones, and increase the drop rate just a little (like 1% more).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    A model that could satisfy both sides might be: Blank, per-class rings drop instead of PrE-rings. The likelyhood of getting a ring would be the same as now, but it would be a 1/12 chance of getting the one you want, instead of 1/30 or whatever. They come without stats, or any set bonus unlocked. Stats would be added using the Tier1 and Tier2 GS recipes, with 3 trophies for the +6 stat, and 6 trophies for the current "incredible potential" effects. The set bonus would be unlocked using a single shard Tier3 recipe. Just assign a focus type to act as a selector of which PrE bonus to unlock (use the new crafting interface design to make it easy to see which is needed). To offset this new demand for Larges, the drop-rate of Large ingredients in the Sulu chest would increase to a 50% chance per player.

Wish I'd read this before my last post.

THIS.

/signed.

Hero

ToD rings for FvS and Artificers would actually require Turbine to finish prestige enhancements. We won't see the fruits of that until Menace of the Underdark. By then with the level cap increased to 25, and the accompanying loot that comes with 5 epic levels, ToD rings will be largely irrelevant.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post

Mostly good, I would be against a tier 3 shard crafting though.

Unless you got 100% chance of a large in the end chest - large scales are already the vast limiting factor for every single shroud crafting tier 3 in the game.

If it required say a single large - of your choice - to activate - at least that would be something to do with all the large bones/chains/arrows etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast