Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Community Member Yokido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    363

    Default Adios fair Cannith~

    I am are quitting, Turbine is releasing a level cap soon enough that'll make all of my-and your gear utterly worthless.

    Instead of re-working their system they're adding more **** to the pile, no thanks, no more of it.

    Good-luck to the rest of you in your next 5-10 years of attaining the new level caps they give out, and the new gear that follows with it, never retaining any form of a status with your seniority as a result.

  2. #2
    Community Member Diyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    I am are quitting, Turbine is releasing a level cap soon enough that'll make all of my-and your gear utterly worthless.

    Instead of re-working their system they're adding more **** to the pile, no thanks, no more of it.

    Good-luck to the rest of you in your next 5-10 years of attaining the new level caps they give out, and the new gear that follows with it, never retaining any form of a status with your seniority as a result.
    Wouldn't it be better to wait and actually see what they are thinking about doing with equipment post lvl20?
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

  3. #3
    Community Member irivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Thank you Turbine, I am staying because of your efforts.

    Oh and BTW can i have your stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    Master of the Tower
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=203205

  4. #4
    Community Member Elation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    654

    Default hmmm

    Yes thank you turbine for putting out a full expansion and giving me a reason to run my fully geared toons again. Oh with a 2010 start date you dont have much status just saying.
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

  5. #5
    Community Member Yokido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Seniority when referring to someone's gaming career relates to how long they've actively played, not how long since they've started playing.. In those terms, I've got a nice rep sheet.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    May I have your stuff? I could use some green steel
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

    Leader of Templar

  7. #7
    Community Member Yokido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    363

    Default

    The account is in temporary custody, and is now belonging to 'Damonos'.

    Any requests for loot or groupings should be forwarded to him.

  8. #8
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    I am are quitting, Turbine is releasing a level cap soon enough that'll make all of my-and your gear utterly worthless.

    Instead of re-working their system they're adding more **** to the pile, no thanks, no more of it.

    Good-luck to the rest of you in your next 5-10 years of attaining the new level caps they give out, and the new gear that follows with it, never retaining any form of a status with your seniority as a result.
    You're leaving the game because we might get more stuff and loot..?
    Sorry mate, but this is a lousy excuse.

    Why didn't you quit when they gave us Chrono? Why didn't you quit when they gave us CC, Crafting, LoB?

    You can find hundreds of good reasons why to quit this game - you picked a bad one.

    Anyway, good luck buddy!
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  9. #9
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    I am are quitting, .
    Did you find the last vial of pills I stopped taking a year ago? They're psychotropics, and affect reasoning! (among other things)

    You have ZERO clue what Turbine has planned.

    I will tell you this as a fact, This game is making strides like no other mmo, and the Expansion is only part of what's in store. The content releases that follow will blow you away Im sure.
    Oh wait your leaving!
    Last edited by ferd; 01-23-2012 at 01:22 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

  10. #10
    Community Member BitkaCK2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    833

    Default hmmmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    I am are quitting, Turbine is releasing a level cap soon enough that'll make all of my-and your gear utterly worthless.

    Instead of re-working their system they're adding more **** to the pile, no thanks, no more of it.

    Good-luck to the rest of you in your next 5-10 years of attaining the new level caps they give out, and the new gear that follows with it, never retaining any form of a status with your seniority as a result.
    First i was...


    then I was...


    Finally I realized, good on you mate! Way to jump ship early! I would ask for your stuff but as you say it will be obsolete so... hey by the way could you link me to where a dev or mod said that your gear will become obsolete.

    Anyway, safe travels,


    ttfn,
    bitkaCK2

    PS: My apologies, my Mem-fu is lacking.
    Last edited by BitkaCK2; 01-23-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: for clarity
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

  11. #11
    Community Member seobanio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    269

    Default

    I don't know what is more funny: fear of new loot and losing "status" or quitting 4 or 5 months ahead of time.

    W/e g/l
    Zaxza Sorc, Xexa FvS, Zaxa12/6/2 Fight/Rog, Xexasaurus Monk
    A Tribe Called Zerg
    Cannith

  12. #12
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seobanio View Post
    I don't know what is more funny: fear of new loot and losing "status" or quitting 4 or 5 months ahead of time.

    W/e g/l
    He wont lose his status, for me he'll always be the prince of gs.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  13. #13
    Community Member ThunderTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Farewell to you Prince of the Greensteel, King of the Early-in-the-morning-pug-Hound. I think you will be back. This game is far worse than crack. Until there good luck on your future endeavors.
    * Flaws - Flawranga - Flawless - Godlike - Think Tank - Doppelganger *

  14. #14
    Community Member xxScoobyDooxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    626

    Default

    I know Thirt will miss busting your balls ... take care Bro.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

  15. #15
    Community Member Nailog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    203

    Default

    "OMG they're adding new content and items, I hate this game!"

    Wow, what a reason to quit.

    Oh well, good luck, have fun, and we'll see you again when you get bored of all that stuff.
    Wyestone and Juuts on Cannith.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    327

    Default

    WHAT NOW CANNITH???????

    Think of the dogs! The puppies on the loose!!!
    Last edited by aurum1; 01-23-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    Snuffles - lvl 20 fighter - Platinum Knights on Cannith

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    I think it's not your gear that determines your seniority but your skill as a player. I know many players who haven't gotten the epic gear they are grinding for yet but they are widely respected as players. You adapted to and overcame the challenge pack faster than most on the server why would the level cap increase change your ability to stay on top of this game?
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

  18. #18
    Community Member Diyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    You're leaving the game because we might get more stuff and loot..?
    Sorry mate, but this is a lousy excuse.

    Why didn't you quit when they gave us Chrono? Why didn't you quit when they gave us CC, Crafting, LoB?

    You can find hundreds of good reasons why to quit this game - you picked a bad one.

    Anyway, good luck buddy!
    Provided, their concern is a somewhat legitimate one. I think there will be all sorts of issues and upset people if they DO make every bit or almost every bit of current end game gear obsolete. I don't think it will quite work that way.

    They may just make current epic gear upgradeable slightly, something that's neat and useful but not so overpowering that it wrecks current game balance. Or gear that depending on your setup, may be slightly better, or who knows really?

    As I said, wait and see what the plans are is really the best route here at the very least.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

  19. #19
    Community Member somenewnoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to wait and actually see what they are thinking about doing with equipment post lvl20?
    Hey! This type of common sense has no place on the forums!

    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

  20. #20
    Community Member pSINNa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    G-Land/Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    711

    Default



    Weird, really weird.

    The characters i have that are "finished" and don't get played a lot anymore, they are the ones i can't wait to let loose in the menace of the underdark.

    You're kidding right?

    A massive rework of pre's. Epic levels (however that's going to work, i'm not even going to speculate, i'm just going to look forward to it).

    Druid!!.... I'll say it again ... Druid!!!.

    And who knows what other fresh, new territory to crush beneath your feet!.

    I haven't been this keen to play in ages, bring it on~!. Just remember that there is only one constant thing in life -- change, it keeps happening.

    Coit out~
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket Coittimeh Coitburner Coitin Luciforge Batgirly Coithealz Coithippie StealthCoit: Ghallanda

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload