Thumbs down Level 11+ only for +5 Lessers? ***?

I've been finding Bard unfun to play, and had decided to LR into a 18/2 Fighter. Right now, this would only require a single +5 heart, as I'm 5/2/1 Currently (Specifically, I'd be going from 5Bard/2Fighter/1Rogue to 7Fighter/1Rogue).

Instead, I find that Turbine has set the minimum level of these to such that I would have to buy two +3 hearts to do what 1 +5 would do had they not set the minimum level so high. There is no reason why I or anyone else should have to buy two hearts for this purpose; it's +5 not +10 hearts we're talking about.

I am already eating the cost of TRing into a build and role I ended up not really liking, and eating the cost of LRing into something else. Now I either have to gimp myself for three levels in order to not be forced into doing something that is completely unnecessary in the first place, or pay double the costs to change the build. WHY?

There is absolutely no reason changing 5 levels out would require you to have 11 levels to start. It's not like I'm getting a past life here.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Hit the "Show all items" filter? Or does that not work.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

It's not that I can't find the +5 Hearts, it's that it is Minimum Level 11 to use according to the store.

Whats worse is this is not the first time I've decided that my TRed character's new profession wasn't as fun as I thought. I LR'ed a Level 10 Monk into Fighter. Two +5 hearts, and I didn't have to search for them. So this was changed fairly recently.

Yes, I realize I'd be able to LR out the Rogue level without waste, but then I'd lose full UMD. I'd also gain another feat. That doesn't change the fact that there is no logical reason for these hearts to be restricted to such a high level, when the only effect they have is causing one class to lose a member and another to gain.

This nearly doubles the cost to LR right now, going from 1276tp to 2232tp. That is ridiculous, and a blatant money grabbing scam.
    Last edited by azrael4h; 01-21-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: image showing DDO store for +5 Heart. Bar at bottom shows I'm level 8

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post

This nearly doubles the cost to LR right now, going from 1276tp to 2232tp. That is ridiculous, and a blatant money grabbing scam.
    Well... In other cases similar to yours, I've just told people keep leveling and to take a couple of fighter levels. It's not a hugely different playstyle at those level ranges.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    Well... In other cases similar to yours, I've just told people keep leveling and to take a couple of fighter levels. It's not a hugely different playstyle at those level ranges.
    Problem is I have 3 weeks where the character is shelved due to a guildy taking a cruise (yes, he's insane. Maybe it won't sink...) Since we agreed to stay together on this run (even if one of us hasn't...) that means that group of characters is shelved. We ran our high-levels, trying to cap a few stragglers and soloers.

So I have to wait three weeks, then wait x amount of weeks to level to 11... when a +5 heart can solve it now, and should be available.

Well, looks like I was wrong. You can use them, even if the store says otherwise. Ugh.

Community Member

Nvm. Saw you re a TR.
    Last edited by ayspam; 01-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)