Thread: FVS 6 / Bard 14

Default FVS 6 / Bard 14

I've been toying around with the idea of making a soul-singer, 6 FvS / 14 Bard (Warchanter), with the idea of going elf twf scimitars.
    end result should be a bard that has an aura of menace to go with his inspire courage song, a warchanter with plenty of spell points (& with echoes of power) that has the raise dead ability (from elven faith).

the main problem I have is that I keep finding myself a feat short.
    feats are:
    1. toughness
    2. power attack - required for warchanter
    3. weapon focus - required for warchanter
    4. empower - required for Angel of vengeance
    5-7. two weapon fighting x 3

and that makes 7. I can't find room to squeeze in the imp. crit feat.

any ideas/suggestions?

Mineral 2 Scimitars maybe?

I would tell you to not make a 14BRD/6FVS.

It just appears to me that you would be giving up a lot.

I have also been away from the game for a little over a year and I am just now getting back to it...so the landscape has changed. I very well may be wrong.

But I would think a 20BRD (you can go Human for the extra feat for Imp Crit or even Khopesh instead).

Also on BRD...Raise dead does not matter. You can UMD those scrolls and/or make raise dead clickies. Also on BRD you can use heal scrolls and you get amazing wand/scroll usage.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I would tell you to not make a 14BRD/6FVS.

It just appears to me that you would be giving up a lot.
    going 14 bard instead of 20 would lose +1/+1 to attack/damage on inspire courage, the ac song (a small loss since in most cases and for most toons ac is useless) and level 6 bard spells, of which the only one I would really miss is the irresistible dance that can come in handy on occasion. the UMD can still be maxed so I won't consider it lost in the exchange.

in exchange 6 levels of fvs gets you the aura of menacethat would reduce mobs ac and saves by 2 (among other things) this makes it better than the +1/+1 to inspire courage in any group that doesn't have a front-line fvs. you also get divine favor for another +2/+2 to you.
    to that you can add all the other benefits, such as fvs toughness enhancements, another +1 to attack from fvs feat, the raise dead from faith, more sp and a few other minor perks like being able to take damage action boost or casting a few divine spells.

it seems to me that as a support class you'd be gaining more than you would be losing in the transition.

edit - forgot to mention the fvs inherent elemental resistance feat
    Last edited by Lauf; 01-18-2012 at 11:40 AM.

the split looks solid to me, as you say - its a nice variant where youre gaining a debuff for a small loss in buffing.

Regarding improved crit.

Bear in mind that with current changes to fortification improved crit is not as super as it used to be. Although you yourself will be doing less crits having the aura of vengence will be enabling your group to potentialy do more. Overall this should balance out in quests, and be a benefit in raids.

If it bothers you then either drop toughness and overcompensate on the con/hp gear or use keen weapons - such as mineral2.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    If it bothers you then either drop toughness and overcompensate on the con/hp gear or use keen weapons - such as mineral2.
    I've looked into it, and with kron'zek's cruelty being the only epic scimitar and coming with keen on it I don't think the lack of imp. crit would matter at the end game. between that and the minII gs scimitars this toon should be pretty well covered so that the lack of imp. crit would not have any noticeable effect.

thank you for your reply