Community Member

Default A little help with DR stacking

Hello All!

Im sure this has been asked and answered many different times (maybe not this specific)

I would like to know if the feats - shield mastery and greater shield mastery - stack with fvs adamantine dr like the cap stone and wf dr and adamantine body. Im thinking about a fvs with adamantine dr and shield mastery

Is that valid?

Thanks,

Nyreb
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Yes. The shield mastery damage reduction is actually independent of any DR and "stacks" with anything. It reduces a percentage of damage, rather than a flat amount. The active blocking DR from using a shield behaves like typical DR, but also stacks with your highest level of existing DR.

So, yes, you can reduce a fairly ridiculous amount of incoming damage on a warforged pure favored soul with adamantine body and shield mastery and the DR enhancements, actively shield blocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.