Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Oh I just had a scary thought, if Turbine bought the rights to Ron's planner then he couldn't publish it. As of now it gets updated within a week or so of a major update.

No offense but if it was Turbine's baby I'm afraid that would go up to months before being updated, or just forgotten about but the Devs.
    Blind Faith

Noheels,Ravenwind-Sarlona,FirstOfOne,Kraagg

Arrow

/signed for certain.

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Community Member

Yes, please. On the one condition that feat and enhancement descriptions are updated quickly and are accurate.

Much love to Ron though, his planner rocks.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Talking Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    You can plan level 1-5 for free, and the rest for only 1595 TP!
    LOL, I think it would be well worht the price though!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    /signed

With as complicated a system as DDO has ...
    Agreed, when the game started at 10, I think it was just put off. But as the game has grown, I think it is a necessity of you want to keep new players. Not everyone has played pnp recently; my last of rulebooks os from the 80s - and - as we know, DDO is only based on ponp rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    This would be so sweet. Custom-build your own paths, share them through MyDDO, and import paths created by others.
    Great point - I meant to bring up myDDO. +1

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    What a good idea....

Wish we thought of it. This is on the 'wish list' ATM.
    As always, thanks for the feedback Maj!

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    *snip*
    Great post seb.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback, I really hope this can get done. Keep it coming if you agree!
    Last edited by Hafeal; 01-16-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

I still use the old planner.

Paper, pencil, eraser.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    I still use the old planner.

Paper, pencil, eraser.
    ROFL. Come on, even the sixty year olds in this thread are hip on a planner!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrim View Post
    You should buy the rights to Ron's and web-a-ize it.

Hook the guy up for all the hard work he has done for the community over these many years.
    /signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

I completely disagree unless they (As one of your 'almost suggestions') pay ron.

If they go and make their 'NEW AND IMPROVED' version then go so far into ******** territory as to SELL it to us, i'd just plain quit.

Make Ron's official, pay him a fair price, the planner he has made and kept updated has by far been more than adequate. If they DID try some thing like that, I would HOPE Ron had some legal way to sue the pants off them for 'stealing' his idea.

And Ron if u still read the forums, LOTS and LOTS of people still use your planner and have for ages, We all very much appreciate the work you have done. Thank you.

But to the idea? NOT singed unless its as i stated above.

Default /signed

With a new UI in the works, a little heads up with an early release toon planner, would cut alot of frustration. When we all have to redo all of our toons, it would be nice to have a plan before we make gimp after gimp.

I'm also in favor for an enhanced character sheet. One that shows our healing amp, speed, hate generated, and other numbers that we may be curious about.

Kind of off topic, but I would also like a way to shrink or turn off the map bubble on my heads up. I know where I'm going, if I need a map I'll bring it back up, but sometimes I just want it gone.
    Every time mankind makes something new, improved and idiot-proof... nature comes out with a new idiot.

Community Member

/signed

Great idea, Haf.

Just think of all the Hearts of Wood people would buy if they knew there was a tool out there that would help them fix their gimp builds... (attempting to push the Devs' motivational buttons)

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default planner

They should just call Ron's the official "plaaner" at Turbine and pay him commision for it as well as for updates. He deserves it!
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

The way I'd like it implemented would be to have a nice leveling tool/UI that could feed info to the game, and then you would just walk up to the trainer and auto-levelup on your profile established by the in-game planner.

An offline version that could communicate to the game would be particularly awesome for those at work hours.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrim View Post
    You should buy the rights to Ron's and web-a-ize it.

Hook the guy up for all the hard work he has done for the community over these many years.
    Couldn't agree more. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

/signed

But I would like to see Ron get some sort of acknowledge or note of thanks in such a planner in recognition of the many years of extremely valuable service to us.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    You can plan level 1-5 for free, and the rest for only 1595 TP!

Dude... *shakes head no*

What I would like to see in this is that the character planner being built into the class trainers. That way, if you don't have time to run quests, you could go to your trainer and embark on planning your character's future levels.

Then, when it's time to level up, as long as you've done the planning so far, give an option to level up manually, or to automatically pick the selections that you've planned for.

Terrific suggestion. This could potentially demystify a lot of things in the game: why multi-class builds should be done carefully, not dumping CON, etc.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OkapiMaes View Post
    /signed

Make it for PC, Android, and Apple ****
    I personally don't have a cell but this would be a great addition I ALWAYS have a notepad out to scratch out builds ideas and most of the time I end up with a few misclculations...this would help avoid that

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Dude... *shakes head no*
    Yeah than make it online ONLY and release it with thousands of bugs...sorry guys I couldn't help poking fun on a less hostile forum (Just try saying anything bad about WoTC on their forums)

What I would like to see in this is that the character planner being built into the class trainers. That way, if you don't have time to run quests, you could go to your trainer and embark on planning your character's future levels.

Then, when it's time to level up, as long as you've done the planning so far, give an option to level up manually, or to automatically pick the selections that you've planned for.
    That's an excellent idea especially since the Trainers will have less to do when the new UI launches and becomes part of the UI available in any public area

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    Make Ron's official, pay him a fair price, the planner he has made and kept updated has by far been more than adequate. If they DID try some thing like that, I would HOPE Ron had some legal way to sue the pants off them for 'stealing' his idea.
    I'm not sure how all the legal stuff would work out with this but I'd say give him credit and a Lifetime VIP or something

On that note Ron if you DO plan to continue the builder after the change good speed...for that will take ALOT of work
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 01-16-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

love this idea.

one thing I would like to see (and would create myself if i had any kind of programmer-fu)
    is a "build tester"

a tool that lets us, to a reasonable degree, test the viability of builds without investing weeks, sometimes months, to level them up

we've ALL been there. we create a build we think will work, only to get up to high level, or even cap, and find it fatally flawed.

i know its unlikely to happen. even if Turbine charged big bucks for it, it would cut into Heart sales, which is bad for the bottom line, but a guy can dream, right?
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

as a side note, to those asking about an online planner, one already exists, though the thread eludes me at the moment
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

This hast to be one of, if not THE greaters suggestions out there.
    /I couldn't be more signed.

(Disclaimer: I might not be able to be more signed on future posts, that will outshine this one :X)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    They should just call Ron's the official "plaaner" at Turbine and pay him commision for it as well as for updates. He deserves it!
    Seconding this, I love Ron's planner, its really easy to use and pretty self-explanatory.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast