Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadios View Post
    So for a 34pb with +3/4 tomes half elf would be better than human?
    If you don't start with 16/17 strenght (difficult if no 36 pb) and use +5/+4 tomes, then you need to put too many level ups into strenght instead of wisdom to qualify for OC.

So if you don't plan to take OC you don't need human since the main advantage over helf is the free feat. Unless you feel like you need to take something else and so you need the free feat, a couple of sneak attack dice are preferable.

Edit: Also would it be better to get fighter levels at 19/20 so you can get master of forms for free at monk 12, char level 18 and pick up grandmaster of forms at the same time?
    Good point, T4 stance is +1 con, +3 prr and +20% threat in place of skill focus UMD. To do so yes you need to posticipate fighter levels at 19-20.
    I will consider this for future lifes I'm planning (if I ever find the time) thanks for the input!
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Ok so I got

Feats: Toughness, PBS, Power attack, IC bludgeoning, IC ranged, Gtwf and Grandmaster of forms.

Monk bonus: Zen archery, Stunning fist and 10k stars.

Fighter bonus: Imp precise shots, and either dodge/cleave?

In that order going
    Rngr
    Mnk 2-3
    Ranger 4-8
    Monk 9-18
    Fighter 19-20

Cleric Dille from 1-28 then feat change for rogue dille.

Question is what would be a better option for the second fighter bonus, dodge or cleave?
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Ok so I got

Feats: Toughness, PBS, Power attack, IC bludgeoning, IC ranged, Gtwf and Grandmaster of forms.

Monk bonus: Zen archery, Stunning fist and 10k stars.

Fighter bonus: Imp precise shots, and either dodge/cleave?

In that order going
    Rngr
    Mnk 2-3
    Ranger 4-8
    Monk 9-18
    Fighter 19-20

Cleric Dille from 1-28 then feat change for rogue dille.

Question is what would be a better option for the second fighter bonus, dodge or cleave?
    There you go.

I don't think you will use the normal cleave much with unarmed, it probably slows the overall dps so I would stay with dodge. Or you can posticipate gtwf on one of the fighter levels and take skill focus UMD at 15 if you feel you need more.

gl

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Thanks, I think I'll go with Skill focus: UMD and postpone Gtwf, I hadn't considered that :P.

Ah Korthos how I hate you .

yay!

Howdy,

I am looking to use my +20 LR storm of a thousand fists build build.
    I was trying to decide between pure monk and this given my leveling constraints caused by already having three classes and this build.

I have trouble with any melee build without great cleave and OC (addicted to them, I guess). Anyway, in your build you do not take master and grandmaster of forms, then the latter is mentioned on this page, but without reference to taking master of forms which, I thought, was a prerequisite.

Thoughts?

Anyway, awesome job and thanks,
    DD
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda http://fotbling.fr.yuku.com/
    Shado; DareDelvis; Ottis; Hary Darkness; Tortelvis; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; Snakecobra

Quote Originally Posted by DareDelvis View Post
    Howdy,

I was trying to decide between pure monk and this given my leveling constraints caused by already having three classes and this build.

I have trouble with any melee build without great cleave and OC (addicted to them, I guess). Anyway, in your build you do not take master and grandmaster of forms, then the latter is mentioned on this page, but without reference to taking master of forms which, I thought, was a prerequisite.

Thoughts?

DD
    You get Adept of Forms and Master of Forms at monk level 6 and 12 respectively hence me needing to hold off on the fighter levels until 19 and 20.

Hope that answers your question .

yay!

Howdy,

Thoughts?

DD
    The three class restriction when LR is actually annoying, I hope they will fix it soon.

While OC is a very good option, cleave and great cleave prerequisites aren't that good on unarmed, if not to charge blitz when using legendary.
    Single target dps is very high now with the new fighter haste boost 30% + no mercy and sense wekness. Use cleaves in the middle of a boost means just slow down dps a lot. If you have to do aoe dps then use bow with a doubleboosted manyshot or 10k stars with imporved precise shot and you will obtain a better result Actually the +1 crit multiplier of OC is balanced by the fact that I have to spend 2 feats that I would not use much. I also have to put 2 level ups into strenght instead of wisdom that is my main stat for stuns, 10k and other monk abilities.

Arkadios suggestion on T4 stance is a very good option and I'll probably use my +20 wood to do the same and try it out since dodge is no more a prerequisite.

Monks now get the tier stances for free when they reach lvl 6,12,18. So if we take fighter levels at 19-20, then at level 18 (12monk/6ranger) we can select Grandmaster of forms feat.

hf

EDIT: actually trying an OC version, took cleave instead of thoughness and great cleave in place of UMD focus, moved fighter levels at 19-20 to get grandmaster of forms at 18. OC at 24 and vorpal strikes in place of blinding speed at 27.

It ends up -2wisdom, -30 hp, -3 umd (will have to cast a gh before using heal scrolls or tenser scrolls), no perma haste (but can always stay wind4 for the speed and 21% ds, or again, can take blinding speed in place of vorpal strikes), all this for +1 crit multiplier, +4 strenght (16 starting+2 lvl up+5tome) and some aoe melee dps

I can't say now if it is better, maybe for full geared toons it is but I will have to test more. For now I see some bigger numbers and I can have some fun blitzing quests. I will take a new video after the couple of lives I'm running.
    Last edited by korsat; 10-07-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by korsat View Post
    EDIT: actually trying an OC version, took cleave instead of thoughness and great cleave in place of UMD focus, moved fighter levels at 19-20 to get grandmaster of forms at 18. OC at 24 and vorpal strikes in place of blinding speed at 27.

It ends up -2wisdom, -30 hp, -3 umd (will have to cast a gh before using heal scrolls or tenser scrolls), no perma haste (but can always stay wind4 for the speed and 21% ds, or again, can take blinding speed in place of vorpal strikes), all this for +1 crit multiplier, +4 strenght (16 starting+2 lvl up+5tome) and some aoe melee dps

I can't say now if it is better, maybe for full geared toons it is but I will have to test more. For now I see some bigger numbers and I can have some fun blitzing quests. I will take a new video after the couple of lives I'm running.
    This is basically the build I'm running right now, and it is really doing well. I would absolutely recommend going male human with this on a 36 pt build. Reason is that great cleave produces off-hand attacks when unarmed, and both cleave and GC have very fast animation (even works when slowed! but shhhh). Make sure you chose male human as female human use a different animation and no off-hands as of the last time I checked.

Anyway, great cleave or manyshot + overwhelming critical + legendary dreadnaught = pretty darn impressive DPS. It can't beat for a Furyshot for beating down a red-named, but soloing is fantastic with blitz.

Looking at epic feats and stat points...

Improved martial arts affects all attacks to some degree as does overwhelming crit (at least it has the potential to).

I am curious about vorpal strikes vs. combat archery, and then the need to pump dex to at least 16 with +5 tome. I guess part of the weight of each is based on how much ranged vs melee dps one is planning on doing.

Any thoughts?
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda http://fotbling.fr.yuku.com/
    Shado; DareDelvis; Ottis; Hary Darkness; Tortelvis; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; Snakecobra

Looking at epic feats and stat points...

Improved martial arts affects all attacks to some degree as does overwhelming crit (at least it has the potential to).

I am curious about vorpal strikes vs. combat archery, and then the need to pump dex to at least 16 with +5 tome. I guess part of the weight of each is based on how much ranged vs melee dps one is planning on doing.

Any thoughts?
    Indeed, vorpal strikes affects only unarmed while combat archery only ranged. Though vorpal strikes stacks with manslayer and both are multiplied by 1.3 sense weakness + 1.3 no mercy for really good numbers at the monk speed. Those are the main reasons why I preferred it to other feats like blinding speed or combat archery.

On my next life I'll go human for two resons:
    1. bonus skill points so I can drop int to 8 and raise dex to 16+5 tome to try out combat archery (starting stats 16 16 14 8 16 8), human is the only race that makes me max all the skills with 8 starting int;
    2. bonus feat to get one of past life monk or skill focus umd (may also be completionist).

This is basically what I would do to try it. As said Vorpal strikes is good but is probably the most suitable to be dropped for combat archery. I'm not saying combat archery is a better choice. I will have to test it and on next life so it will take a while.

Ofc any thought or help before it is apreciated!
    Last edited by korsat; 10-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Zendark Moncher --> An Archer Zen, Monk Dark. 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter

NEW VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wDC...ature=youtu.be

U22 SETUP:
    -Dragon Masque (Y: +2 insight wis, C: globe of true imperial blood)
    -Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf / EE Jeweled Cloak
    -Loot Convalescence bracers (20% healing amp.) of Parring +4 / Dumathoin's Bracers
    -EE Goatskin boots (115% fort or con +8, speed XV, G slot: heavy fort or cha +8 or con +8, C slot: +8 cha or con +8) / Fort boots of speed
    -Black Dragon Robe (B: 16 prr)
    -Planar focus of prowless (+3 insightful str.)
    -EE Shadowsight (+11 wis, +10 accuracy, ethereal, G slot: false life +40)
    -Gilvenor's neckle (+2 competence to hit, +10%bow speed) / Alchemist Pendant (+1 ki, +20 hp, +1 boosts)
    -Iron mitts (+30% healing amp., +8 strenght, +40 vitality, resistance +7, C slot: +2 insightful con.)
    -GS belt (concordant opposition, +25 hp, +100sp, +2str +4con +6 cha skills)
    -Ring1: Gilvenor's ring (+6 dex,+1exc. dex., slotted holy burst,+10% bow speed) / Djinni ring
    -Ring2: EE Consuming Darkness (+12 seeker, +5 combat mastery, G slot: good luck +2)
    -Weapons: Antipode (R slot: devotion) / Pinion (R slot: devotion) / Thunder-Craft

From this setup: +40 vitality hp +40 false life hp +25 GS hp and +100 GS sp, +16% dodge, +115% fortfication, speed XV, +6/+9 sneak attack, deception, deadly XI, +12 seeker +5 exceptional seeker, -20% armor bypass, +11 wisdom, +2 good luck, +6cha skills, concordant opposition, +10%bow speed, holy burst, +20+30%healing amp, +5 combat mastery. The bad thing is the lack of ghostly (still have ethereal on goggles and shadow walk to be activated) and the swap between necklaces for ki generation when needed, alchemist (+20 hp, +1 boosts, +1 ki generation) looks like a very good one for the case.

Enjoy
    Hi guys,

I found time to upload a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wDC...ature=youtu.be

The build still rocks in terms of dps and is a super fun for those who want to play a melee/ranged hybrid build.

I'm loving LD pinion crit 15-20 and the extra helpless damage 30+30+50 for some nice number.

I hope you like it!

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Hi guys,

I found time to upload a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wDC...ature=youtu.be

The build still rocks in terms of dps and is a super fun for those who want to play a melee/ranged hybrid build.

I'm loving LD pinion crit 15-20 and the extra helpless damage 30+30+50 for some nice number.

I hope you like it!
    Yo , youtube link is broken

Quote Originally Posted by lkael View Post
    Yo , youtube link is broken
    Sorry, it was setted to private. Thanks.

Now link is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wDC...CiRXlk2pxayWxg

Let me know what do you think, I also found goatskin EE 115% fort and slotted con +8, cha +8 and I'm more happy with 130 fort standing.

Enjoy

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Sorry, it was setted to private. Thanks.

Now link is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wDC...CiRXlk2pxayWxg

Let me know what do you think, I also found goatskin EE 115% fort and slotted con +8, cha +8 and I'm more happy with 130 fort standing.

Enjoy
    Love it , i think a hibrid melee/ranged build is really fun , every other monkcher build is only ranged , gj on this one

I was looking for an all-round character: high ranged and melee dps, ac, speed, able to tank and self heal... all in 1. and I succeeded Zendark was created before this type of build became popular, the main difference compared to other archers is that it possesses a very solid melee ability. I present you the original Moncher:

Zendark Moncher --> An Archer Zen, Monk Dark. 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter

PROGRESSION:
    1 Ranger - precision or power attack (OC version) , fav.enemy: undead, rogue dilly
    2 Monk - zen archery (monk)
    3 Monk - stunning fists (monk), point blank shot
    4 Monk - light path
    5 Ranger
    I want to try your Zendark character. One question. You say "Monk Dark" but your feat selction at level 4 shows light path.

I love all these monkcher builds, i have one myself kind of similar but i took 2 rogue instead of fighter his stats are more balanced 54/31/48/29/36/29 something like that i would have to type it all out i guess lol hes got a 50 UMD no fail on any trap can scroll heal has many other self healing for destinies Epic past life etc. melee dps is great, stun needs some work and ranged damage could be better but thats the joys of doing it yourself you get to make it better
    Lollypopz Currently on Heroic Life 18
    Bringers of Darkness
    Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    I want to try your Zendark character. One question. You say "Monk Dark" but your feat selction at level 4 shows light path.
    At the time of the creation (think almost 3 years ago) the build used dark path and ToD. After enhancement revamping light is much much better.

Try it and let me know. Everybody is happy with it.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

At the time of the creation (think almost 3 years ago) the build used dark path and ToD. After enhancement revamping light is much much better.

Try it and let me know. Everybody is happy with it.
    I went ahead and followed the light path. I am only at level 8, so still using wraps, but am looking forward to getting the range DPS soon.
    Thanks for the build. I have also done your Avenlight Cleric build and liked it very much too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234