Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Other reports suggest that the AA set alacrity bonus doesn't stack with haste, worth testing because it certainly should and is a bug if it doesn't.

ToD is only 500+ damage every 15 seconds if you are always using melee, but if you are always using melee perhaps a pure monk build is more suited to you?
    OG really?ways to efficiently test this?I can try on next days.

Yes I melee a lot, on favored enemies my dps aren't inferior than a pure monk wisdom based build. With the addition of 10k and ms when off timer the overall dps becomes much higher! Now that I have this possibility I would never change it for a pure melee build. MS is too good to get bosses aggro, it replaces my intimidate skill!
    Last edited by korsat; 04-25-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by korsat View Post

Yes I melee a lot, on favored enemies my dps aren't inferior than a pure monk wisdom based build. With the addition of 10k and ms when off timer the overall dps becomes much higher! Now that I have this possibility I would never change it for a pure melee build. MS is too good to get bosses aggro, it replaces my intimidate skill!
    I think it was Dark-star who was timing how long it took to empty 100 arrows from a quiver with various setups.

Vs your FEs you have +9 damage (+4 FE, +2 FE enhancement, +3 rams might) and haste boost compared to +4 damage from higher base fist die (2d6 vs 2d10 or higher for each build depending on past lives/gear), 10% double strike if in wind IV (which is higher DPS and much safer if not tanking), +8 DC to ToD (which is massive), +DC to other abilities etc. Not sure if I missed anything.

Not sure where it ends up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Community Member

Update the build for MOTU! Tell us what feats/ED's/ability increase you chose.

I just Tr-ed my 2nd life ranger into this build you made, have lot's of fun playin', it's pretty cool, and now I have a question for U : as of update 14 you get precise shot for free at lvl 4 ranger, what feat you suggest me to take instead, I saw you wrote Power attack but since I haven't collected all the gear yet and I'm a little worried about to-hit is gonna be too low for me to use PA, wich other feats you suggest?

and +1 nice build really, fun to play!!!

Community Member

You can take quick draw, any of the new epic feats, w.focus bludgeon, or any past life feat like pally,monk,barb.

Quote Originally Posted by sisoja View Post
    I just Tr-ed my 2nd life ranger into this build you made, have lot's of fun playin', it's pretty cool, and now I have a question for U : as of update 14 you get precise shot for free at lvl 4 ranger, what feat you suggest me to take instead, I saw you wrote Power attack but since I haven't collected all the gear yet and I'm a little worried about to-hit is gonna be too low for me to use PA, wich other feats you suggest?

and +1 nice build really, fun to play!!!
    Precision is the feat to take. It's almost as good as power attack for melee and infinitely better for range (being the only offensive stance that works with ranged). Precision is an absolute must have for any ranged character (and the reason imo that Precise Shot was made free for some builds like this one).

Edit: Note that you also want to hit 21 dex for Combat Archery for which 16 base dex +2 level ups +3 tome will be my approach.
    Build Index

Precision is the feat to take. It's almost as good as power attack for melee and infinitely better for range (being the only offensive stance that works with ranged). Precision is an absolute must have for any ranged character (and the reason imo that Precise Shot was made free for some builds like this one).

Edit: Note that you also want to hit 21 dex for Combat Archery for which 16 base dex +2 level ups +3 tome will be my approach.
    Forgive the dumb question as I'm still way behind on the u14 changes, but wouldn't the use of Precision cancel IPS as they're both stances? If so, is it even worth taking both?
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.

Sorry guys I've been away for some time. Working now on ED, I'll try shiradi, grandmaster and dreadnought in sequence and I hope I can say soon which one is better or preferable for this kind of build.

@sisoja: glad to help you now that we have free precise shot at level 4 we have space for both isp and power attack(with +3 bab we will no more have to hit problems). Precision instead of pa is a nice choice for not fully geared toons or for who is more ranged oriented(I still use 50%-50% ranged-melee at the moment). What I don't like about precision is that I cannot use both precision stance and precise shot stance that is very useful with 10k stars.

@wax: Improved martial arts is a nice substitute of combat archery that adds +1damage with fists and +0,5damage with bow. So we don't necessary need to lvl up dex to reach 21 base and drop wisdom for dex.

Actually I should try 2 ways to decide which one is better:
    1. DPS oriented: power attack at lvl 18(or precision), improved martial arts at 21 and great ability:wisdom at 24(or w/e you need if we do not have an odd stat).
    2. AC oriented: start with 10 int+3tome to get combat mastery at lvl 18, bulwark of defense at lvl 21 and great ability:wisdom at 24(or improved martial arts or w/e you need).

Anyways I will update the post soon for everyone that may need it
    Last edited by korsat; 09-02-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Sorry guys I've been away for some time. Working now on ED, I'll try shiradi, grandmaster and dreadnought in sequence and I hope I can say soon which one is better or preferable for this kind of build.

@sisoja: glad to help you now that we have free precise shot at level 4 we have space for both isp and power attack(with +3 bab we will no more have to hit problems). Precision instead of pa is a nice choice for not fully geared toons or for who is more ranged oriented(I still use 50%-50% ranged-melee at the moment). What I don't like about precision is that I cannot use both precision stance and precise shot stance that is very useful with 10k stars.

@wax: Improved martial arts is a nice substitute of combat archery that adds +1damage with fists and +0,5damage with bow and can be taken multiple times. So we don't need to lvl up dex to reach 21 base.

Actually I should try 2 ways to decide which one is better:
    1. DPS oriented: power attack at lvl 18(or precision), improved martial arts at 21 and great ability:wisdom at 24(or w/e you need - or 2nd improved martial arts if we do not have an odd stat).
    2. AC oriented: start with 10 int+3tome to get combat mastery at lvl 18, bulwark of defense at lvl 21 and great ability:wisdom at 24(or w/e you need).

Anyways I will update the post soon for everyone that may need it
    Precision isn't exclusive with Precise Shot/Improved Precise Shot stances. I have both and use both continuously. Archers Focus stance from Precise Shot is pretty lame at the moment as it deactivates when you Manyshot and has to be disabled and reenabled after manyshot expires (as it still swirls like it's enabled just doesn't work).

Improved Martial Arts isn't exclusive with Combat Archery either. You have 2 epic feats, seems an obvious progression to take both (for +1.5 with bows, +1 with handwraps and 2% dodge).

Enjoy EDs
    Build Index

Community Member

I notice that you said ravens sight gives +2 exc wisdom but it is actually insight bonus so wis should be 40 not 38

Community Member

So what ED and Twists do you generally run on Kor? Have you tryed LD with Sense,Pin,Primal?

Quote Originally Posted by flute136 View Post
    So what ED and Twists do you generally run on Kor? Have you tryed LD with Sense,Pin,Primal?
    actually working on different EDs to unlock fate points. My plan atm is:

sense weakness: the 30% increase works with both fists and bow, while the +dX works only when melee. The ice prison on fronzen tunic plus the earthgrab on T3 earth bow makes this a very good twist also for bow. Alternative may be haste boost.

legendary tactics: legendary tactics is needed only for EE content to hit 58-60 stun dc. For EH 52 stun dc normally is sufficient so acute instinct is a good choice also.

dance of flowers/primal scream: both are easy to get. Dance is a nice addition to melee dps but I think it's still bugged for bow. Normally 2-3 players in party already have primal scream ready for you so this is my 2nd choice.

These are twists I want when I run Shiradi.
    Fury, LD and GoF are also pretty good EDs for the build, obv when I'm not in shiradi I can twist in ranged stances instead of the automatically granted abilities of the ED I'm using.

I'm in the middle of the fate points farm so I can't say much more, slow farm due to the fact I'm concentrating on my alts too.

Any suggestion is apreciated
    Last edited by korsat; 10-12-2012 at 06:53 PM.

actually working on different EDs to unlock fate points. My plan atm is:

sense weakness: the 30% increase works with both fists and bow, while the +dX works only when melee. The ice prison on fronzen tunic plus the earthgrab on T3 earth bow makes this a very good twist also for bow.

haste boost/legendary tactics: legendary tactics is needed only for EE content to hit 58-60 stun dc, normally 52 stun works pretty well in EH so I prefer haste boost4.

dance of flowers/primal scream: both are easy to get. Dance is a nice addition to melee dps but I think it's still bugged for bow. Normally 2-3 players in party already have primal scream ready for you so this is my 2nd choice.

These are twists I want when I run Shiradi.
    Fury, LD and GoF are also pretty good EDs for the build, obv when I'm not in shiradi I can twist in ranged stances instead of the automatically granted abilities of the ED I'm using.

I'm in the middle of the fate points farm so I can't say much more, slow farm due to the fact I'm concentrating on my alts too.

Any suggestion is apreciated
    I think:
    Haste Boost is tier 3
    Sense Weakness is tier 4
    So impossible combination.

I'm currently using:
    Echoes of Ancestors: Shiradi Champion for ~+6.6% attack speed boost (tier 4)
    Acute Instincts for +2 wisdom while raged (rage pots do the trick if necessary)
    Enlightenment for +1 Ki gen

This lets me stay 100% ranged, competing for top kills in EE's and providing continuous EE worthy CC.
    Build Index

Other reports suggest that the AA set alacrity bonus doesn't stack with haste, worth testing because it certainly should and is a bug if it doesn't.(...)
    I know this is a late response to this, but this post from a long while ago has pretty well convinced me that the AA set stacks with everything else (and that the ranger capstone also stacks with everything else. Infact, the only things that don't seem to stack are haste and ranged alacrity)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoll View Post
    (...)

Short version (capstone and rapid shot were used for all tests)...

93s - no special gear
    89s - quiver
    89s - armor
    89s - quiver + armor
    89s - AA set
    85s - AA set + quiver
    85s - AA set + armor
    85s - AA set + quiver + armor

86s - haste + no special gear
    86s - haste + quiver
    86s - haste + armor
    86s - haste + quiver + armor
    83s - haste + AA set
    83s - haste + AA set + quiver
    83s - haste + AA set + armor
    83s - haste + AA set + quiver + armor
    This info is very old though, so I'd be willing to listen to any newer tests that provided raw data liek this one, and not just anecdotal evidence.

EDIT: For reference, the "Armor" being referenced here is the old no-longer-available black dragonscale armor, which included 10% ranged alacrity, the same that can be found on the Abbot quiver and cannith crafting.
    Last edited by Brennie; 10-12-2012 at 06:08 AM.

I did testing of my own in my monkcher thread and came to the same conclusions.
    Build Index

I haven't tested if the set stacks or not because in the inventory I see that the ranged speed increases using it. Will have to check it better one day.

By the way thanks wax I've edited the previous post.

Smile

so I leveled my Mokcher to 20 and got 2 epic levels to use spider-spun caparison with +8 wisdom on itself and really enjoying the build and playstyle, an now I came to the point where I have to get gear to equip him.

Now I was thinking of somewhat this setup:

outfit: spider-spun with +8 wisdom on it
    head: epic helm of frost
    trinket : epic gem of many facets / planar focus of provess with +3 insight strength
    neck: shintao cord/greensteel HP item
    cloak: epic envenomed/adamantine cloak of the bear
    belt: belt of the sun soul/epic spare hand
    boots: epic boots of corrosion/greensteel charisma skills one
    quiver: upgraded abbot alacrity quiver
    ring1: Kyosho from TOD with holy burst
    ring2: epic ring of the stalker/epic ring of the buccaner
    bracers: bracers of the sun soul
    gloves: epic gloves of the claw
    googles: epic raven's sight

weapons I did not posted 'cause there are too many of them I'm planning to use, just gonna mention antipode from expansion raid and alchemical handwraps you mentioned, elemental bow of the earth and greensteel lightning bow

with all this I'll get 4-5 sets equipped all the time, gota slot some heavy fortification in one of epic slots an some other stuff I'll need, but that will be in future as I get those items. Once I get to 375 purple knights favor I'll be able to convert spider-spun into way of the sun soul set and I could use antipode with planar focus to get bonuses while I meele, othervise gonna use gem of many facets.

what I wanted to do here is to ask you about your opinion on my item set, I know it's alot of hard work to do but what the heck I'm loving this build and want to get it geared, so please post some comments or suggestions on my gear so I can check and maybe make it even more better
    Last edited by sisoja; 10-17-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sisoja View Post
    so I leveled my Mokcher to 20 and got 2 epic levels to use spider-spun caparison with +8 wisdom on itself and really enjoying the build and playstyle, an now I came to the point where I have to get gear to equip him.

Now I was thinking of somewhat this setup:

outfit: spider-spun with +8 wisdom on it
    head: epic helm of frost
    trinket : epic gem of many facets / planar focus of provess with +3 insight strength
    neck: shintao cord/greensteel HP item
    cloak: epic envenomed/adamantine cloak of the bear
    belt: belt of the sun soul/epic spare hand
    boots: epic boots of corrosion/greensteel charisma skills one
    quiver: upgraded abbot alacrity quiver
    ring1: Kyosho from TOD with holy burst
    ring2: epic ring of the stalker/epic ring of the buccaner
    bracers: bracers of the sun soul
    gloves: epic gloves of the claw
    googles: epic raven's sight

weapons I did not posted 'cause there are too many of them I'm planning to use, just gonna mention antipode from expansion raid and alchemical handwraps you mentioned, elemental bow of the earth and greensteel lightning bow

with all this I'll get 4-5 sets equipped all the time, gota slot some heavy fortification in one of epic slots an some other stuff I'll need, but that will be in future as I get those items. Once I get to 375 purple knights favor I'll be able to convert spider-spun into way of the sun soul set and I could use antipode with planar focus to get bonuses while I meele, othervise gonna use gem of many facets.

what I wanted to do here is to ask you about your opinion on my item set, I know it's alot of hard work to do but what the heck I'm loving this build and want to get it geared, so please post some comments or suggestions on my gear so I can check and maybe make it even more better
    Very nice I got similiar gears but normally I run with 3xchrono set(helm, bracers, cloack)+ (clawgloves+ravensight+epicgem)+ shintao or aa set+ spare hand+ stalker+ gs 45hp conc opp boots.

The main reason why I don't use sun set is that if I do I would have -5 to my stun dc and my spare hand is already double slotted. But if you don't have this problem is a very good set for every monk. Can try the Seal of House Dun'Robar( http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Seal_of_House_Dun'Robar ) instead of stalker ring if you want the +5 stun using the monk set.

The outfit I use more often is the frozen tunic and the reason is the absurd proc rate of the ice prison. But maybe it looses efficacy on EE content (on EH it rocks really). The +8 wis is a very good one too and probably better for the hardest content.

Once I'll get Antipode or Pinion I'll try that new set with the planar focus(+3strenght) swapping my gs boots with corrosion boots and using bracers of the claw to keep claw set active. Prolly gs 45hp conc opposition will go on goggles then instead of raven sight.

So I think you're doing right with gears happy to see so many people enjoying the build. Rate it if you like it!
    Last edited by korsat; 01-21-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Default gear update

Well I think you're doin' very nice with gear though I use envenomed cloak still and have to farm ingredients for belt and for bracers gonna use +8str and superior parryin I found on random loot, and those PDK gauntlets just for 30% heal amp. I'we swapped my rogue dill feat for cleric one cause I found more useful to heal myself without UMD (have 3 ranks in imp cleric dill in ench) cause really in 80% times I play I pull aggro to myself so my sneak attack damage does nothing unless mob is stunned. Have yet to get antipode to try it out, been unlucky with pulls lately but pinion rocks really oh yea and GS HP item is rarely used now cause in fury I have over 800 HP sustained with primal scream. And for the rings I use shintao one with holy burst slotted and appropriate necklace and Epic ring of buccaner. I definitely gonna try some new gear as I get it but your's seems just fine IMO
    Last edited by sisoja; 04-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member

You're wrong... While your overall DPS in the right destiny may be higher, thanks to fury manyshot, and even shiradi manyshot or regular manyshot, your melee DPS won't be close to one of a pure monk. This has several reasons:
    Lack of attack speed vs wind stance IV
    Lack of base damage in: Monk 16, monk 20, feats (maybe), destiny/twists (to keep good ranged DPS)
    Even on favored enemies you won't get close enough. Without deadly weapons my monk has 10[W] base die, with deadly that becomes 11[W], the whole concept of the monkcher is you have nice burst DPS to surpass melee DPS, but you can't get your melee DPS equal to one of a monk...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast