Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Mine only goes up to 1024 x 768 windowed which is really cluttery from hotbars. We need higher windowed resolutions for sure. I don't think anything less than 1024 x 768 is relevant in the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Mine only goes up to 1024 x 768 windowed which is really cluttery from hotbars. We need higher windowed resolutions for sure. I don't think anything less than 1024 x 768 is relevant in the modern world.
    The laptop I bought this year only goes up to 1366 x 768 and I run 1360 x 700 windowed. So the 768 vertical is still quite relevant. Also my desktop has 1920 x 1080 and when I use it I play at 1440 x 900 windowed. But that is more because the screen is just to dang big for me to play on otherwise.

I would be all for interface scaling though.

+1 for Interface Scaling slider!!

I use a laptop with 1366x768 reso, and get quite annoyed at newer items because they have so many effects that I cannot see them, or cannot close windows when clicking on linked items...

Plus, to play an effective caster (and from what I hear, maybe even just play effectively at all) you need several hotbars. This means that we have most of our screen covered by UI items and still need to target things... give a way to scale the UI and I think all would be perfect!
    Danse Mortelle - Deadly Rogue
    Aes Sedai - Pure Healer/Walking Shrine
    Leader of Lords of Chaos on Fernia

I only keep two hotbars visible on any of my alts, including my arcane and my divine. I have a metric ton of hotkey mappings, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post
    I run at 5760x1080 resolution and some game elements dont scale propely, and so look huge and distorted at this high a resolution.

Mostly the new player tips and the character select and creation screen. Would be nice if it was fixed but neither of those things is particularly impacting to most game play.
    Similar..
    I am running 3x24"
    the Splash screens distort and the character creation screen is a bit wonky.
    But otherwise the 5760x1080 is a great display view with lots of room for maps and hotbars and such.
    Its like going to high speed from dial-up.. you just cant go back knowing how good it should be.....

Last edited by JOTMON; 09-10-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

I honestly wondered if I would ever find a perfect moment to use this word... and I believe it correctly describes your screen resolution...

BROBDINGNAGIAN

There, and, I hate you... Grrr it would be nice to have that sort of screen real estate... mine is more like 3 inches tall by 6 inches long free space dead center

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    I play mostly at 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. I think my laptop is occasionally set to 1366x768 though because otherwise the UI is too small on that display. I can't think of a time I've needed to run an MMO at under x720, although being able to go a little under x768 is pretty useful sometimes.

(Biggest thing I want: Improvements to behavior when playing on a two-monitor system. Right now, if I'm "fullscreen" on Monitor 1, and I click on Monitor 2, clicking on the DDO display again just gets that annoying Windows bell; I have to click on the DDO icon on the taskbar to get the game focused again.)
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Is it possible to go beyond 1920x1200 on a 24" display? I would love the broader overview and smaller icons/toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Marewood View Post
    Is it possible to go beyond 1920x1200 on a 24" display? I would love the broader overview and smaller icons/toons.
    Think what you are wanting is same as rest of us are asking for... UI Scaling... My toon is only lvl 11, and already has 7 bars of hotkeys. Every couple of levels, more of my screen disappears behind a cover of bars...

Hell, I'd love an option to drag certain UI elements outside of the main window. If I could drag chat logs and maps off of the single monitor that the game runs in, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    Think what you are wanting is same as rest of us are asking for... UI Scaling... My toon is only lvl 11, and already has 7 bars of hotkeys. Every couple of levels, more of my screen disappears behind a cover of bars...
    Actually, I want toons & mobs to be smaller either, while having a broader view at the same time. UI scaling would be nice but as I never use more than 3+3 bars while having bars 1-10 fully with keyboard shortcuts that i memorized I can live without UI scaling. What I would like to see is being able to link item bars 11-20 with keyboard shrotcuts as well as i am running out of space on 1-10 .

Just ordered a 2560x1440 dislpay

Hope it will work out fine with my loved DDO. I will post more after checking it out.

Btw. it looks like the UI dislplay is limited to the first 1920 pixels, at least regarding the XP bar, but not really a big deal (see Jotmons pic above and the other reports of ppl using resolutions beyond 1920 horizontal)

Community Member

Running 1280x1024 on a 19"
    due missing scaling 12 shortbars + chat take up 1/3rd of my screen :/
    and on some chars those 12 bars are not enough and i have to consider adding 2 more but hell no idea where to put them without going completely blind.
    Dont like them anywhere on the screen i always have them tight togheter.

adding more bars would almost hide my char ><
    Last edited by Daemoneyes; 12-28-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Ah, looks like you're on argo, Daemon. I see my main (Ellischalice) in your chat log directing somebody to eveningstar. heh.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Ah, looks like you're on argo, Daemon. I see my main (Ellischalice) in your chat log directing somebody to eveningstar. heh.
    Did you ever take a look at my Signature? ^^
    btw saw you in house C today at the banker

1920x1080

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I didn't think the Winter games were active anywhere but Lama right now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    I didn't think the Winter games were active anywhere but Lama right now.
    They were active for a short time after a server reboot
    I read about a second server where they where active after that reboot but dont remember which.
    Still have 1 token from the event and run the parcur 2 times, well i suck at it ^^

Community Member

1280x1024

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112