Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Community Member

1920x1200

5256 x 1050.

Would love to see higher frame rates at this resolution, but AMD (ATI) can not seem to make a driver for DDO that will support Crossfire properly. I can enable it, but the screen shakes constantly, and gives me a headache.
    Fitzroya of the Flame - 25 Monk (Half-Orc) [4th life] | Paschen Dale - 8 Sorcer (Warforged) [4th life] | Fitzaxer - 14 Barbarian (Dwarf) | Shileleigh 4 Artificer / 2 Fighter / 2 Paladin (Warforged) [2nd life]

Community Member twiliteslayer02's Avatar

1920 x 1080 full screen, on a 22 inch LED screen.

1024 x 768 windowed, mainly because I havent experimented with it.

IMO, could use a bit of polish and fit, but otherwise good enough to keep me satisfied.
    Rageforged

1366x768 is the only resolution that fits on my screen without being jacked up someway.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I run my two machines at 1920x1080...My wife prefers 1600x1024
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?
    I actually Mostly Solo or run in static groups with my friends so I usually run windowed mode which is just shy of 1680 x 1050 (a little bit left at the bottom for my taskbar)

This allows me easy access to programs like Skype when im in my static groups or things like the podcast I'm listening to, my e-mail alerts (ie. responses to my forum posts), my word pad with build notes, or ideas i jot down while im playing the game.

Mind you I'm only using a 22" monitor so it will probably change when I get my tax return as I'm planning on picking up a 40-50" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

1920x1200 on a 22" monitor. May go larger. Using iPad as a second monitor for maps, etc. Lap top is so bad I just level crafting and do mail/AH.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

1920x1080 on my 27" when at home. 1400x900 when using a laptop on the go. I already saw it mentioned but scalable UI elements would be awesome.

Community Member

1280 x 960

800x600 but it's not a problem since i don't do raids on my cellphone anymore

last time i tried, i messed up and hotdialed 911 while trying to heal the shroud.
    oh well, you live and learn.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

1920x1080 on a 27". I could not see myself ever going under 720.

1024x768.

I run a laptop, and this is the max I can run. Later this year I plan on replacing it with a desktop, but not until later. Still planning the build out. And debating whether I want a tower, or go old-school with a desktop case. Or just run a C64. Because I'm pimp like that.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Primary - 1680x1050
    Secondary - 1920x1080

I'm going to assume this resolution question is tied to upcoming UI changes and post two things I'd like to see:
    • Customizable and scalable mouse pointer - Please, please, please for the love of all that's good and decent in the world let me have my giant fuschia Mickey Mouse hand pointer! In a game whose bread and butter is active combat losing the default mouse pointer in the middle of combat is frustrating at best and wipe sponsoring at worst. If nothing else comes from UI changes let this be it.
    • Scaling hotbars - A simple slider bar that ranges from say -50% to +200% would do wonders for both the real estate challenged and visually impaired.

ttfn,
    bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I play at 1600x900 right now.

Still feels a little too small for me at times.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2 View Post
    • Scaling hotbars - A simple slider bar that ranges from say -50% to +200% would do wonders for both the real estate challenged and visually impaired.
    There is much goodness in this suggestion.

Community Member

1920x1080 full screen Sometimes I switch to a laptop that is 1366x768, but I avoid that since when I then return to my 1920x1080 game PC all the action bars and screen elements have moved, and I have to spend time moving them back and realign them.

This also happens when I switch to windowed mode, the action bars get pushed up a little bit each time (I switch to windowed mode so I can change music, check game info on the Web etc).
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

1680 x 1050 on 24inch lcd

I've only used lower res settings when i had to run on an old plasma when my lcd died, and was stuck with 1024 x 720 for a while. Never used anthing lower then that.
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket Coittimeh Coitburner Coitin Luciforge Batgirly Coithealz Coithippie StealthCoit: Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Redicular View Post
    1366x768 max my laptop will allow

greensteel and similar tooltips get HIGHLY annoying since it cuts off the top so the only way to close it is to close all windows
    As with other lappy users, 1366x768.

As for closing the descrip window, press 'Z', that's the 'inspect' button by default, yours may be different...

Scalable UI would be great, also Hotbar Creep is a real problem. the 'master' hotbar needs to have a 'remember position/resotre position' button, so that we can easily 'Snap' hotbars back to where we last 'remembered' them, as after an Alt-Tab they tend to creep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

1680x1050
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Higher then the number you listed. The one thing with screen size which drives me nuts and actually reduces my playtime is how the bars move all over the place when you change from one screen size to another and then back to the original one. This happens to me when I go from my primary computer hooked upto my tv and then go to my laptop. The laptop I would use more often (so I can watch tv while playing) if this issue did not occur.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast