Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

1440x900 on my laptop, graphics at low settings. Hoping to trade up soon.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

1680 x 1050 Windowed Mode.

I'd say if the game supports 800x600 today, changing it so it doesn't tomorrow, will cause some major grief for you guys, if that's where this is going.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Self:
    1440x900 windowed on my 1920x1080 desktop (monitor too big to play at full resolution).

1280x800 laptop, rarely used anymore as updates in the past year has made the graphics too stuttery.

1366x768 netbook, use this during lunch at work. The only real issue is the quest entry dialogs are too tall and cause usability issues.

Wife:
    1366x768 laptop, run great except the quest entrance dialogs.

1024x600 netbook, wife uses in emergencies, obviously lack of scaling dialogs are an issue.

1366x768 here

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

1920x1200 on a Laptop

Community Member

Redacted
    Last edited by fuzzy1guy; 01-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.

1900 x 1200

would love sizable boxes for everything

and further draw distances

Edit: I do play with all 20 hot bars out and 1 dialog box, don't have much issue except for super long descriptions/buffs & the LOST courser ... gads that is soooo annoying when I cannot find it.....
    Last edited by Theolin; 01-08-2012 at 11:08 AM.

1680X1050, full screen.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Redicular View Post
    greensteel and similar tooltips get HIGHLY annoying since it cuts off the top so the only way to close it is to close all windows

greensteel and similar tooltips get HIGHLY annoying since it cuts off the top so the only way to close it is to close all windows

So important, it must be said twice! The view for greensteel weapons and other items with long descriptions need to be fixed, finally.

Lets see, 1920x1080 on my main 24" Asus monitor.

2 other machines at 1440x900. Ive seen lower resolutions and its all about the bars. They get so big you cant even see what you are doing.

Scalable bars that memorize their places when jumping to different resolutions would be so SWEET.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-07-2012 at 08:42 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

1280x1024

Can't get my monitor to go higher than that even though I want my icons to be smaller. They eat up an enormous amount of screen real estate already and I still need more hotbars.

Three rigs running the game - 1280x1024, 1024x768, 1200x800.

Almost never any problems with vertical space - except when examining Greensteel. Even on the 1280x1024!
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

1920x1080 on my desktop and 1680x1050 on my laptop, and guess what, every time i switch between the two, MY HOTBARS AND UI ELEMENTS MOVE THEMSELVES AROUND and overlap each other! So I have to painstakingly move everything on every toon every time I switch computers. Please fix this right away (save positions of UI elements client-side). Thanks!
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

1440X900 on my laptop, any other resolution is non-native to the LCD and degrades performance.

I also have the equipped greensteel making item comparison impossible without unequipping greensteel thing, and I've never seen the ML on my monk's Thaarak Wraps.

That said, I think requiring a minimum resolution may possibly be detrimental to player retention as low hardware requirements are an attractant to some. Resizeable UI elements are, to me, preferable to a required resolution.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

800x600 is a bit of a troubleshooting tool to see if at minimum resolution lag can be avoided etc. It's also an important option for if I want to try to involve my partner in DDO as her laptop wouldn't be able to handle anything bigger.

Run it at 1680x1050 on my LG 21 inch. Usually run a duel monitor as well. Used to run full resolution but it was started to effect performance a bit so i lowered it. now its alright.

My biggest issue with running full rez was the size of the gosh darned mouse pointer. it was tiny and in certain instances during mega battle was very easy to lose. ;/
    Born to play, Forced to work !

1360x768

Like many others, some item descriptions are too big to fit on the screen. (Rune Arms are bad for this. Even the one I got out of Waterworks does this.) If scaling the UI is not an option, perhaps we could get scrollbars?

My Screen is: 1440 - 900,

and Yes, Green steel is annoying to deal with from time to time.

To fix this however, you can go to the options menu, then under UI Settings, you Un-Click the option to Show Details Upon Examination.

That has it's own annoyance because it no longer explains what the effects are, and just tells you things like "Treason" without telling you what it does.

But it makes longer weapon descriptions much smaller and easier to handle for shorter screens. on my Toons that have a few GS weapons, I have this option set, because as others have pointed out, when trying to look at new items they would skyrocket off my screen.

Just wanted to let you all know, there is a workaround for smaller screens when dealing with GS items, (especially when dual wielding them)

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    I quest on my desktop (1920x1200) but I use a netbook (800x600) for inventory management, enhancements, and toolbar organizing. It's not vital, but I enjoy the option to do it from the netbook.

Community Member

1440 x 900

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast