Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1680x1024(something like that) - i dont use fullscreen

I like to do a pretty clean screen, so i dont have much problems ;p
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~Currently away, who knows where i'm gonna be today~

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Any desktop should be larger than that.

laptop however..... I don't know.

1680x1000 (50 vertical pixels are used by my desktop panels).
    And this is on a 15" laptop screen, so I generally have to lean in quite close to read any text in-game.

When on my laptop, I run at 1024x768. On my desktop, I run 1200x800. One of the reasons I like this game it actually runs on my weak little laptop and old desktop.
    Build a man a fire and he is warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

I play at 1920 x 1200 on my main PC and if i use my laptop i run at 1600 x 900
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

1920x1080
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

1600x900 now, but was lower in the past.

Still cannot inspect Greensteel items if short descriptions is off.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I play at 1280x720 on a laptop. It's a decent size, but i feel kind of cramped most of the time since I play both arcane and divine casters mostly. I'd like to be able to fit a couple more hotbars (I have 10) just for gear swaps and for spell/meta combos i commonly used, but it's not a high priority or something that seriously affects my game experience.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

1440 x 900 on my 17 inch laptop.

Biggest problem that I have is that I can't see the full description of complicated items (like green steel) because the description doesn't scroll. It would seem that anything that can't fit on a reasonable sized screen should come with a scroll bar.

If I have a green steel item equipped, and want to inspect another item of the same type, I generally can't because part of the green steel item description gets clipped, and the item I actually want to look at gets clipped as well since its screen position is relative to the green steel item.

Resizable UI elements would be a "nice to have" if the development expense would be fairly small. If I was given that option, the first thing I would do is resize the party UI to make it bigger.

1400x900 (or is it 1440x900? I can't remember and I'm not at home to check). I have no complaints. I would like some things a little smaller but it's a minor complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    1440 x 900 on my 17 inch laptop.

Biggest problem that I have is that I can't see the full description of complicated items (like green steel) because the description doesn't scroll. It would seem that anything that can't fit on a reasonable sized screen should come with a scroll bar.

If I have a green steel item equipped, and want to inspect another item of the same type, I generally can't because part of the green steel item description gets clipped, and the item I actually want to look at gets clipped as well since its screen position is relative to the green steel item.

Resizable UI elements would be a "nice to have" if the development expense would be fairly small. If I was given that option, the first thing I would do is resize the party UI to make it bigger.
    Yeah my caster can't tell if any random lootgen gloves I loot have a guild slot or not unless I unequip the Min 2 gloves.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

1920x1200
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Yes it wound be nice if the UI scaled with the resolution. On my main I run 1920X1080 which is fine, but if I log on with my netbook at 1024X600 the screen is completly full.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    1680 x 1050.

800 x 600, OMG! /quit playing

5760x1200

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    I run at 1366X768 on my 15" laptop and I'm constantly running out of screen real estate.

Also sometimes I can't see an entire item description (e.g., weapons with lots of bonuses/effects) because it expands past the screen edge.
    This - exactly the same for me.

I don't think this is a Resolution problem, we need a way of scaling our UI down (or up in some cases) as many other games have it.

In fact, I suggested it a few months ago, with only one reply asking for the same thing.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=343332
    Eriar Tahlaer AA/Healer ShiC Drd/Rng/Ftr 17/2/1 - Cryme Otta TR B-Eng Arti 11 - Larue K'Dhar SDII Ftr/Pal 16/2
    Koroz PMII Wiz/Rog/Ftr 12/2/1 - Feevin Otta Rog 4

Found in Sai Gon (Orien)

1920x1080

1280x1024

Anyone with anything smaller is a total gimp and will fail Shroud every time! We should add screen resolution to the Party list!

C'mon, let's get this thread to 43 pages and beyond!

1680 x 1050
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

1920 x 1080.

Everything is as high as I can get except stencil shadows since they cause lag problems in some quests and I can't remember to turn that on and off so I just leave it off.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast