Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I recently bought a new desktop, so I play at a pretty high resolution. Even my laptop runs at 1920x1080. I wouldn't really consider running it at resolutions as low as you mention, as I don't feel like I can function without a wider field of view.
    I do think the movement of shortcut bars and other UI elements from computer to computer as you use other resolutions is a huge annoyance. That issue is enough of a problem that the times when I would consider playing at that resolution on a guest system, I won't do it because it's just not worth the hassle of moving everything around repeatedly as I go back.

1280x1024 on my home machine, which is almost fine, but I'd like to have a bit more room.
    800x600 on my laptop. Space is tight, indeed.

I'm often at a different plance than my home, which is why I need to run DDO on worse of the two machines quite often.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

When Playing on my Laptop I play at 800 x 600.

I could up the resolution as I have 1GB Video Card, the problem is it gets HOT, physically hot when not in a docking station.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    When Playing on my Laptop I play at 800 x 600.

I could up the resolution as I have 1GB Video Card, the problem is it gets HOT, physically hot when not in a docking station.
    I play on my laptop also. I have mine sitting on a high speed, dual fan cooler, and all that sets on a wooden kneeboard that has a pillow backing. I can still feel the heat from the laptop on high resolutions.

1920 x 1080.

Lowest I went is 800 x 600 on my cruddy laptop, but that's barely worth playing, IMO.
    I quickly uninstalled it from there and haven't looked back from the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    The one thing with screen size which drives me nuts and actually reduces my playtime is how the bars move all over the place when you change from one screen size to another and then back to the original one. This happens to me when I go from my primary computer hooked upto my tv and then go to my laptop. The laptop I would use more often (so I can watch tv while playing) if this issue did not occur.
    This as well. It's annoying and frustrating, so I stick to just the one computer to play. I spend enough time in game already just running around doing inventory, bank, crafting, turning in favor, and all the other million things a player needs to do to get ready for the questing. Resetting all the bars, trying to remember how they went, and then putting it all back again each time is enough of a disincentive to just stick with one system in my eyes.
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 01-09-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

1400x800 22" on my main ... it is an older lcd and cannot go any higher, but it is ok; however, at times I have tried playing on my laptop and that is no fun at all.

I can play my meele toons on the laptop, but playing my casters forget it, with the number of bars I use I cannot see the screen through them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I play on any of 3 machines; the lowest res I use is 1024x768 (others are both well beyond that).

My biggest problem isn't the minimum resolution, it's the fact that bar placement gets wonky when I move machines ... yet if I reconfigure keys, those don't.
    agreed on this

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

1920X1080 on a 27" screen.

My biggest issue is I loose track of the mouse pointer. Wish I could resize it.

Of course there are other parts of the UI I would love to resize but the mouse pointer is the biggest one for me.

As some others have pointed out, the info that is saved based on the account vs what is saved on the local machine seems to be reversed in many cases.

The location of UI elements as well as screen resolution should be saved locally on the user's machine.
    Last edited by TempestAlphaOmega; 01-09-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

1920x1080, 47inch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    1600 x 1000 I think.

I would add that one should do a pass on pop up graphics and realize many things are unreadable except on the highest resolutions.
    I hover over a greensteel item and most of the top is gone. I cannot figure out what it is, what damage it does, etc....

I highly suggest there be a limit to size of descriptions, anything that goes over it should turn into a scroll bar version of description so you can actually read what you have. Make the boxes much smaller.

when I hover over my dual weapon greensteel set while tanking, the massive top to bottom windows basically take out my entire view of the game...I like the hover, but a limit to size with scroll bars is highly desired.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

1280 x 800 on a laptop and feel cluttered with hotbars, specially if you want line of sight to the toon's butt.
    Also, the mouse sometimes drift over ui elements making the toon to stop attacking.

1920x1080

BTW. Please consider adding multiple monitor support for DDO. It would be so nice to have my play area on one monitor and have my open windows, hot bars, or map open on the other one.
    Proud member of
    Shadows of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    1920x1200 for my standard "docked" resolution.

For "non-docked", the screen resolution is 1920x1080.

I cannot stand anything less than 1024, since I played a caster primarily, and would like to have access to all available spells by not limiting the tool bars options.

Unless you are thinking of a clever way to not cluttering the arcane/divine caster UI?
    Last edited by Tyrande; 01-09-2012 at 06:07 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

1920 by 1200 on a 26" monitor. It's perfect!
    On Sarlona: Justin, Bry, Karoneth, Koto, Combatant, Kendu, Narnak, Mythanthor, Jastron, Brendin.
    Guildmaster, The Brotherhood of Redemption
    www.borguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    1920x1080, 47inch
    Nice! I use a 40" at this resolution myself. TVs are MUCH cheaper than computer monitors - the only catch being that you're limited to HD resolution and not all TVs show a pixel perfect image.
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

I run DDO on multiple computers, but one of them is quite old, and does indeed run the game at 800x600. The screen size is barely supported now, as many item descriptions scroll off the screen.

Still, I would be sad to see support for the resolution go, as it means I will have one less computer that can run the game. That being said, it seems almost no one else runs it at that size, so it doesn't seem like it can be worth the resources to continue to support... if it does in fact take resources to support.

But I'll be one vote for continue to support 800x600 for the standard res download.

1920*1080
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

Community Member

1920x1200 at home. 1366x768 when on travel.

1366 x 768

Argonnessen - Aruki 6 Monk (Main); Dayher 4 Artificer
    Canntih - Firryl 12 Fighter; Tiran 8 Fighter; Daher 4 Fighter/4 Monk

1920x1080 on a 24" LG. , 1600xsomething on the laptop, with DX11. Could go larger with a higher rez monitor, both on desktop and laptop.

I too would like to cast a vote for scalable UI elements.

I also would like to see UI elements be combinable and manipulated as a single unit, I.E. linking 6 taskbars for Arti spells (1 bar/level) or 9 for Wiz and Sorc spells, and be able to move, rotate and even hide them as a single unit.

While I'm wishing, how about adjustable transparency, to better view the game?
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast