Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

1024x768 when I started DDO.
    1600x900 when I moved to a better display last year
    1920x1080 when I upgraded the graphics card in October.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Hero

1366x768
    Formerly 1280x1024.

800x600 or 1024x800 depending on the computer. It's important, because not having access to the small resolution would mean I couldn't play at these times.
    If this is for the new enhancements UI, I really wouldn't base it on a resolution some ppl don't have, or at least make a different one for low resolutions (it could be the old one in my case for example, I don't care about the look).
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

1920x1080

You seem to be asking specific serious questions, sounds like a man with a mission....

Community Member

Yes! This is a perfect thread to my running question on my mind. I hope this wont get buried.

I am using 1920 x 1080 and it is awesome for me. But my friend can only use less eventhough she has a decent newly upgraded video card.

Would it be possible for DDO to NOT use the resolution of Windows?

1680x1050

It used to be a lot smaller before I went to a 22" widescreen from my old 17" CRT. That solved a lot of my old screen space and size issues, but there are times where I would like to scale the size of certain elements of the UI.

On my main pc, it's 1600x900

And on my second pc, it's 1280x1024
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

1920x1200, and I love it.

Personally, I see these screenshots people take where their screen is nothing but hotbars, and I don't get it. This is an awesome game for the D&D visuals, and I've often found myself ALT+Z playing through levels just because I was tired of even what little screen real estate I had being covered.

24" 1920x1200
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

1400-900 when on my laptop, 1900-1200 here.

And I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that the only important thing about screen res for me it the size of my hotbars, which are huge. Give me the ability to resize UI elements; it really sucks moving from the large screen and suddenly having all my hotbars overlapping.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuarok View Post
    1400-900 when on my laptop, 1900-1200 here.

And I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that the only important thing about screen res for me it the size of my hotbars, which are huge. Give me the ability to resize UI elements; it really sucks moving from the large screen and suddenly having all my hotbars overlapping.
    Same resolutions, although primary is 1920x1200

1920*1080

Some items (like greensteel) still go off screen. Really annoying.

How important is the big screen size? On a scale of 1-10 I would have to say 10. I want to see as much as possible and still have room for toolbars. I'm not sure how some others do it with less, but most of my toons use 10+ toolbars. My casters can easily have 15.

I do know there is an option to collapse all descriptions, but if there's something you don't know you need to undo that and it shows all descriptions again.

What if by default all descriptions were collapsed but they were able to be clicked on to expand them? Perhaps a simple request but difficult to implement? Items would retain their collapsed/uncollapsed status until log out.

1280x1024

/signed on re-sizable UI elements.

Would also be nice if hotbar locations would be remembered on different computers. I hate having to rearrange hotbars when logging on from my netbook (which I normally only use to shoot the s**t in guild chat while at work).
    Morgulion Romenion Zandrine Zeldaryne The Order of Cygnus Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2
    There are no bugs in this game, only unintended features.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

3840*1080 ( Dual Screen 22" )

From time to time I play on a laptop in 1600*1200 or something like that.

Other resolutions I used : 1980*1024, 1980*1080.

I also used to play on a laptop with a 1280*768 resolution on a 10,1" screen...
    Things were really crowded in there.

My main problem is the buff bar that gets cut halfway of the first screen.
    My second problem is when I examine items like Greensteel ( and some crafted items ) the examine window go out of the screen and I miss half the informations.

Otherwise, since I went dual screen, I don't have problems with screen real estate anymore, but before that, managing all the shortcut bars of a Cleric, while having enough screen available to see what happens, was not always easy. So yes, an option for smaller shortcut bars would be welcome.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

I run 1600x900 on a 20 inch monitor, but I also run on windowed mode (max window i can fit) because the window space on my 2nd monitor (the 1440x800 or so laptop screen) is important to me for a variety of reasons.

The biggest issue is not the screensize, but the lack of ability to scale down the UI elements.

I would like to be able to play better on my laptop screen while traveling.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

1280x800 on my wide screen monitor..

Would really like to be able to resize windows. A classic example is the House K shop for armor kits. The stupid shop window blocks the whole middle of the screen and makes it nearly impossible to see my character. Which rather defeats the purpose of a preview.

My monitor's resolution is higher than what I use in the game, but using the higher resolutions looks out of proportion for some reason.

Community Member

1920x1080
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

I run 1920*1080 video projector in my main computer and 1024*768 screen on secondary.

The big problems with the screen elements for me is not really their size(I manage to fit 20 toolbars and all that just fine on the screen), it is the invisible areas around the screen elements that still count as being part of the element. Some of those extra areas are HUGE.

I do use a skin that reduces things like the extra width at ends of toolbars so can fit one more set vertically, the default ones just have those huge ends.

Second problem is the fact that things like green steel items do not fit in even on the 1080 height.

I use 1440x900. Every now and then I switch to 1920x1080.
    Problems I have with UI, that depend on resolution are:
    • Having to use many UI elements (compass, ~10 bars, focuss orb, raid-party UI, chat/combat log, dice, objective overview), severly diminishes the viewing surface. It would be nice, if I could scale static UI elements to (i.e.) 75% of their size.
    • New, bigger quest entrance dialog is gets hidden behind toolbars every time. Simplest fix would be to make it appear in the front like every other window.
    • Changed UI elements' absolute position ont he screen when switching computers. For me it's not a big issue, because I have positioned the UI elements with respec ot the lower resolution. But for someome switching from 1920x1080 to 1440x900, it could be quite vexing. One solution would of course be, to have UI elements retain absolute screen position instead of relative, but as I see it, this is not as easy as it sounds. To avoid UI elemnts floating towards center of the screen, when switching to higher resolution, one would have to put in a smart algorithm that automatically determines which two sides of the screen an UI element will be anchored to, or implement user selectable anchoring for each UI element.

1680x1050 on a 22" screen,
    biggest problem is losing mouse pointer,but everything else ok
    char/Darkmorph
    world/thelanis

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast