Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Community Member

1680 x 1050.

An option to make individual toolbars dockable to the side / bottom of screen and then have them autohide until the mouse is moved to the very bottom/side of the screen might help in terms of toolbar overload. Basically allows you to assign your less well used stuff / non urgent stuff to auto hide but still have access to them fairly easily.

1920 x 1080 on a 22' Monitor. Im with many other Preposts (Game UI needs an overhaul in general).

1920x1080 in windowed mode on a 42" LCD 1080i TV. I like window mode for easy switching between apps. I sometimes adjust the window to view the ddo client and other windows at once -- such as ddowiki, Ron's Character planner or DDO Item Search. I like playing games on a large hi rez screen because I can.
    Last edited by Theris; 01-24-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

1440x900 with an AMD 760G Chipset...

Don't know the size of my samsung monitor though... heh

and that's fullscreen, mind you.

I'd like to see a change made to the cursor!

I have a 580 V-card, and run in dx11 to take advantage of the great resolution & graphic capabilities.

Why should I sacrifice all of that to run in a VERY SMALL setting to get a bigger cursor?

We need a scalable cursor.

got sick of lack of real estate and hooked up 2 extra monitors with softth and running at 4800x1080

1920x1200 on 24" full screen.
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

I run everything at the lowest to reduce lag.
    only problem i've run into are when those quests where I need to look at a symbol or something - in the lowest quality I can't make out what they are.

I can run the game on higher settings, but then I run into more lag than usual.
    Homer: "Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."

Quote Originally Posted by zex95966 View Post
    I can run the game on higher settings, but then I run into more lag than usual.
    Did you chedck your framerates? default hotkey is CTRL+F IIRC. Since lag shouldnt have anything to do with YOUR machine but with the network response times between your computer and the server.

OnT:
    Im using 1920x1200 on a 24" Display.
    I am no native english speaker

Other Toons: Siaphas, Kelderian, Kelras, Keldi, Kelmons

Mine is 1366x768 15.6". I am using a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop. I do agree with having at least scrollbars on Item descriptions too big to fit the windows. There's actually a lot of good ideas in here.
    Last edited by lordalberonn; 02-02-2012 at 01:43 AM.

System is set to 1680 by 1050 on a 22-inch monitor but I run windowed so subtract whatever the taskbar on Windows 7 uses.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Community Member

1920 x 1080 (27")

Would like :

*****RESIZEABLE WINDOWS****** (with scroll bars if needed) <<<<< MUST HAVE!!!

It's criminal the game does not already have this...

also...

Scalable Action bars.

and..

A "minimal" setting for the Action bars that removes *all* the external borders and just leaves the buttons.
    (locking the bars helps but does not get rid of all that it could)

With these changes resolution problems are aleviated and would allow people to continue running older hardware (especially the many who use laptops) and still play the game.

If you up the hardware requirements you *will* loose players who can no longer play the game on their current equipment. (and very few people go out and buy a whole new PC to play just one game - instead they just find another game to play)

If you wish to "upgrade" the client - maybe try something like WoW just did and introduce a seperate 64bit client (or similar "HQ Client" ) - that assumes you have the time/resource/money to be able to produce something like that...and I appreciate you are not on the scale or budget that Blizzard is....

That is all,

[MM]

Community Member

I generally play with a resolution of 1360x768. I use to play at 1280x720. My computer can handle 1680x1050 at maximum.

To be blunt, anything less then 1024 Vertical, is an issue because some of your item descriptions are too long when they are expanded out. Greensteel for example exceeds the screen. Drop it down to 768 and your basically starting to have issues over overlap with your party vitals, minimap, chat box, etc. Basically, your either going to be sacrificing chat space or having trouble selecting party mates or whatever. I just toyed around with 800x600 to see what it would like - I don't think I could possibly competently play with that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    I run 1024x768 Resolution with 1600x900 Windowed resolution. I run it in windowed mode. I picked this primarily for icon and text size. If I could adjust both, most likely I would run a higher resolution.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

Started playing DDO on a 19" WS at 1440x900. Been playing at 1920x1080 on a 24" Monitor for the last 18 Months or so.

Here in the UK a 24" is pretty standard these days, they can be had from £120 upwards new.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

1920x1080 laptop screen
    1600x900 laptop screen

Couple of notes:

Green Steel items are usually to large Fit in screen.
    When analyzing another weapon while having Green Steel equipped its properties are hard to see due to top aligning with green Steel.
    Vyking FvS | Spectron Sorc | Khant Wiz Completionist | Drower Bard | Squasher Ftr | xPando Monk
    ------ Leader of Easy Raiders Guild ------

i always have as high as i can cause i hate the big bars. My screen is small enough with out them blocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    What screen resolution do you use in DDO?

For those running at anything less than 720 vertical (e.g. 800x600), how vital is this for you?
    800x600, and I very much want to keep it that way. Please don't make me switch to a higher resolution; my eyes are bad and my computer is very slow.

I run 1024x768. I run it on my 47 inch LCD but it's across the room from me so I prefer the resolution to be low enough I can still read the UI(and besides it lets me up my graphics settings a little bit in other places, not running a top end machine). I can't imagine trying to play the game in 800x600. with default settings, the hotbar/chat/targeting overlap each other because they're too wide. I don't really get the hate for low res settings. Saying something like "please don't support the lower settings, because mine is awesome" is ludicrous. A well designed game should be able to run on any resolution. the only thing this should really affect is how crisp your picture is. This game has an older style UI so set pixel sized UI elements mean that to re-size the elements you must re-size your resolution.either set them up as 3d objects so they stay where they are no matter your res, or at least make them all re-sizable with text size settings for every box with text.

I also don't understand the need to have every feat/item you will ever use on screen at all times. I have three hotbars on screen at any given time. the one I always have up with my most critical functions, one off to the side with weapon sets, and things like wands and important potions/scrolls so I can see how many I have left, and the rest are stacked inside the main bar where I can rotate them freely. to me it's considerably easier to rotate through hotbars than try to find the one out of 20 on my screen that has what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by silvermesh View Post
    I can't imagine trying to play the game in 800x600. with default settings, the hotbar/chat/targeting overlap each other because they're too wide.
    I'll post a screen shot; it all fits quite nicely.

I also don't understand the need to have every feat/item you will ever use on screen at all times. I have three hotbars on screen at any given time. the one I always have up with my most critical functions, one off to the side with weapon sets, and things like wands and important potions/scrolls so I can see how many I have left, and the rest are stacked inside the main bar where I can rotate them freely. to me it's considerably easier to rotate through hotbars than try to find the one out of 20 on my screen that has what I want.
    Preach it! I have exactly 2 hotbars active at any time. Typically the top one is gear swaps, the bottom one is metas/stances/turns and consumable heals. Everything else is hotkeyed to a complete Alt alphabet (I mapped Alt+A through Alt+Z to hotbars 8,9,10) and the extended numeric keypad on my standard 104-key Windows keyboard.

The only time I need to manually switch hotbars is when I cast resist energy, which used to be all the time but now my ship buffs do most of that work.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast