Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

This doesn't sound bad so I have no real comments other than change is good, unless those changes suck.

More racial enhancements!

p.s. halfling sneak attack is 20 AP and half-elf sneak attack is 6?!
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

My Crit Rage II, Kensei I Dwarf just shed a tear .

Other than that, I'll welcome any improvements to the enhancement system.

Community Member

Boo, all the crit rage bowbarians will be reset
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

More PREs please before other enhancements as well as finishing those already implemented

NERDRAGE
    Sithias ~ Darcath ~ Darccath ~ Darckath ~ Sithificer ~ Sithinator ~ Sithiuus

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    We’re re-doing it – replacing it with a tree-based design that should make character planning and advancement much better and also have the added benefit of making it easier for us to implement new enhancements (PrE’s anyone?).
    This is excellent news! As someone who has helped many hundreds of folks build toons over the 6+ years I've been playing, I'm happy to see you revisit this and clear up some confusion for many (such as what enhancements are required for which PrEs). This should be very well received within the character builders on the forum. Any builder thats worth an ounce of salt will explain that knowing WHY you are making a build decision is paramount to that build's success. Your proposed changes sound like you will really be helping them out...

I would like to know length of time that will occur between rebuilding enhancements and the release of any new PrEs.

Thank you again MadFloyd for the excellent level of communication of late!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-06-2012 at 09:14 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

New prestiges are enhancements! do them too !

I certainly hope that changes regarding pre reqs for PrE tiers can be made more practical and applicable to our goals. Examples of this are fighter attack boosts and critical accuracy for kensai, or picking up inspired bravery for warchanters. Simply unnecessary stuff.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by waterboytkd View Post
    My big question: are we going to be losing enhancements, as well as gaining new ones? If so, could we get a heads up?
    Some enhancements may perish in the name progress. We're definitely not far enough along to get into that kind of specifics yet. Now is a good time to be giving us general input, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRinNoSho View Post
    One thing as a definite heads up, you will probably want to give out feat respecs/lrs etc. for characters with prestiges that require enhancements and feats.
    Good point. We're definitely keeping feat requirements in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BDS View Post
    Easier way to distinguish what is required to qualify for a pre would be nice. As it is now you have to scroll through tons of enhancements to find you pre (some of which you dont even qualify for, melee with spell dmg lines anyone) or look it up online.
    This is a big deal and we agree it's currently a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Some of you might dismiss this as ‘fixing something that isn’t broken’ and that’s fine – it’s totally subjective – but, hey, I’m giving you a heads up just the same.

We’re re-doing it – replacing it with a tree-based design that should make character planning and advancement much better and also have the added benefit of making it easier for us to implement new enhancements (PrE’s anyone?).
    I'd like for existing PrEs to actually have a full line not just 1 or 2.

Edit: Spelling singer 3 is most important so do that one first.
    Last edited by totabc; 01-06-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Iplaye (20 - Bard) Alinosa (20 - Barb)

Sounds like every other mmo in the world....kinda got a bad feeling about this but i guess time will tell. My biggest concern would be that it locks you into a tree path, meaning that you are now a "Tank" or "DPS" and cant be both. The best part of this game for me and my small, tight nit guild has been the ability to fill many roles and if this prevents that then booo-f'ing-urns.
    Blind Faith

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    Maybe just incorporate crit rage into ravager and release that? Not a perfect solution but it may have merit.
    I like this idea.

I'm really hardpressed to see how Ravager would have a different play feel to Frenzied Berserker, however.

- +1 crit range: Roughly equivalent to +1 crit multiplier on 19-20 for Khopesh/Greataxe/DorfAxe
    - +2 crit range: Roughly equivalent to +3 crit multiplier on 19-20 for Picks

Ravager is IMO a very hard PrE to design, I don't want to see it mirror FB's "+20 damage per swing, +15% damage, gain Supreme Cleave" feel but would rather see it made more unique.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    More racial enhancements!

p.s. halfling sneak attack is 20 AP and half-elf sneak attack is 6?!
    It's only 6, but they are such a heavy 6 it feels like 20 ;-)

A pass at enhancements to give a lift to some of the weaker racial options would be awesome. And PREs.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Can we do away with the ap spent requirement of enhancements? The level requirement should be enough to limit things as far as acquiring them at a certain time. All the ap spent does is create some rare situations where points must be spent on things that people just don't want or need just to hit a certain ap spent requirement.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

I like the idea that the UI will be redone.

But as others have said, crit rage barbarians are going to be very sad (possibly very angry also). You let them keep their enhancements when you changed them as long as they didn't reset them. Its kind of cool to here about the builds running around still sporting these enhancements. It would be a shame to see investment in these characters destroyed not because of a decision that they needed to go, but as collateral damage from a UI change.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Maybe just incorporate crit rage into ravager and release that? Not a perfect solution but it may have merit.
    I'd find that to be acceptable. With the changes to Banishing, WOP, and the like, Crit Rage II isn't the overpowered mess it once was. It's great for flavor though.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I like this idea.

I'm really hardpressed to see how Ravager would have a different play feel to Frenzied Berserker, however.

- +1 crit range: Roughly equivalent to +1 crit multiplier on 19-20 for Khopesh/Greataxe/DorfAxe
    - +2 crit range: Roughly equivalent to +3 crit multiplier on 19-20 for Picks

Ravager is IMO a very hard PrE to design, I don't want to see it mirror FB's "+20 damage per swing, +15% damage, gain Supreme Cleave" feel but would rather see it made more unique.
    Many effects that were crit rage breaking have been changed/nerfed anyways (wop, banishing, etc.) A 13-20 esos is a bit concerning though. Also a 13-20 terror could be a bit strong too.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rodallec View Post
    New prestiges are enhancements! do them too !
    This!!! Please.

Quote Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post

As long as the changes to the Enhancements UI don't break Handwraps, I look forward to the update.
    Don' worry, im sure they will, as with everything else

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    bought Sprint Boost IV. It just isn't worthy of 10 APs.
    my ranger took it for at least 4 levels, so some... noobies... take it.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Since it's on topic, I'll give some ideas that probably someone will post while I type:

• Remove ability bonus enhancements. At all. The only thing they do is adding power creep. Instead, add more class/racial enhancements that cover the niche the ability was covering. Eg, rogues could get a reflex enhancement line instead of a dex enhancement line. Hmm. interesting idea. Do you really think they effect (or is it affect?) it that much? if they do, i would hope they still keep at least 1 tier of it, because i often use it to balance out a stat. However, that idea seems quite good.
    • Prestige enhancements should be visible all the time for anyone check pre-requisites without needing to check a box. The tree UI should help on this.
      YES YES YES. Please. This is the major reason why i think the re-haul will wonderful. Whenever i do enhancements on my cleric, I always have to have another window open with the Radiant servant prereq's, which aren't the easiest to find (and other classes too)
    • Be sure to not hurt gishes. That would be n ice, but are rangers really that under-powered vs Baraarians? I know my ranger, who is not that well equipped, and is a 28 point build, does some quite good damage
    • Racial weapon enhancements should be rebalanced. Not much to think about it. 6 AP for +2 damage is too much.
    • Remove the iron defender line. Now we have artificers.
      Very much agreed on these two.
    • Show a screenshot of a quick draft of what you expect the new UI and new enhancements to be, so we can give more precise feedback. Please, if possible, or put it on Lamannia (Lammania?) well before releasing it, though i can see how you would be unable to do that.

~2¢
    ~4¢ in Red!
    Last edited by bkasavan; 01-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melcena View Post
    Who is Shade?
    Lives? Nonsense. We are gamers - None of us have lives.
    404error is a practitioner of giving someone exactly what they ask for whether it's what they want or not

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

Quote Originally Posted by red_cardinal View Post
    Tumble - completely useless. First of all, to tumble you need to hold down shift and then press movement key. Change this so when a movement key is 'double pressed' (like in Unreal), toon does a roll. Also, try to adjust animation so it smoothly fits into attack sequence.

No. There are too many instances where this could go off unintentionally. Make it a key mapable toggle.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Many effects that were crit rage breaking have been changed/nerfed anyways (wop, banishing, etc.) A 13-20 esos is a bit concerning though. Also a 13-20 terror could be a bit strong too.
    Hmmm 13-20 X3 eSOS or 15-20 X6 eSOS?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast