Default In a bind.Need build advice..

Let me start off saying,im just now gathering shroud ing and whatnot and I am somewhat clueless to the newer content than shroud and on because I quit ddo right as the shroud came out and am now just now returning.As a result i dont have acess to all topnotch endgame gear yet, but I am going to do my best.

What I need help with is deciding on a build, im looking for a high dps melee build with survivbility that doesnt require extensive\excessive endgame gear to perform well, I have lots of good khopeshes but I see around the forums people put twf below thf on the dps chart.

I dont know weather to make a human fighter.. a rogue, a barb idk i need some input, ive been searching a lot but i find a lot of outdated builds or builds that are made on the notion i have a +3 tome and epic gear in every slot.. I do however have acess to a set of +2s and a TRd human paladin if that helps.

Sorry if this is kinda a ramble i just need some input on the current viable dps builds that dont take a ****load of farming to be good\fun, hell id even play a monk
    Turn on,tune in,drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Let me start off saying,im just now gathering shroud ing and whatnot and I am somewhat clueless to the newer content than shroud and on because I quit ddo right as the shroud came out and am now just now returning.As a result i dont have acess to all topnotch endgame gear yet, but I am going to do my best.

What I need help with is deciding on a build, im looking for a high dps melee build with survivbility that doesnt require extensive\excessive endgame gear to perform well, I have lots of good khopeshes but I see around the forums people put twf below thf on the dps chart.

I dont know weather to make a human fighter.. a rogue, a barb idk i need some input, ive been searching a lot but i find a lot of outdated builds or builds that are made on the notion i have a +3 tome and epic gear in every slot.. I do however have acess to a set of +2s and a TRd human paladin if that helps.

Sorry if this is kinda a ramble i just need some input on the current viable dps builds that dont take a ****load of farming to be good\fun, hell id even play a monk
    do you have a tr?
    or can you tr a character, if so, then tr to a monk > easy to play and if you build it right you won't ever have to chug any type of healing potion

There are two ways for a melee to be survivable: not take damage or be able to self-heal. (Ideally, both.) My advice for you is to build an Exploiter, and take Human Versatility and Improved Recovery enhancements. Without too much effort you can have useful non-Epic trash AC, your DPS will be reasonable (and you can use your khopeshes), and between Healing Amp, Evasion, your own spells, and UMD, you will be very survivable. There are also Silver Flame Potions that give pretty much any melee the ability to self-heal, but they aren't practical for a first life.

Monks are good, but they are quite a bit different in pretty much every way. If you can fight monsters one-on-one your HoT will keep you up almost indefinitely, but even the most skilled manipulation of the battlefield is going to eventually result in fighting multiple monsters, and without spike self-healing that can be troublesome. They are also dramatically more input-intensive on the offensive end than ftr/brb/rog. A monk can have as many as four buttons just to stun a monster, for example. I would not recommend starting a monk for the first time if you are also trying to re-acquaint yourself with the game after years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    There are two ways for a melee to be survivable: not take damage or be able to self-heal. (Ideally, both.) My advice for you is to build an Exploiter, and take Human Versatility and Improved Recovery enhancements. Without too much effort you can have useful non-Epic trash AC, your DPS will be reasonable (and you can use your khopeshes), and between Healing Amp, Evasion, your own spells, and UMD, you will be very survivable. There are also Silver Flame Potions that give pretty much any melee the ability to self-heal, but they aren't practical for a first life.

Monks are good, but they are quite a bit different in pretty much every way. If you can fight monsters one-on-one your HoT will keep you up almost indefinitely, but even the most skilled manipulation of the battlefield is going to eventually result in fighting multiple monsters, and without spike self-healing that can be troublesome. They are also dramatically more input-intensive on the offensive end than ftr/brb/rog. A monk can have as many as four buttons just to stun a monster, for example. I would not recommend starting a monk for the first time if you are also trying to re-acquaint yourself with the game after years away.
    nah, if you just set up your most known use for ki attack you just spam that, not some boring stunning fist. yes its useful , but sometimes when something saves might as well just use fists of light to keep up your hp unstead of soemthing you know is an auto save... Ex: i usually use stunning fist or quivering palm as my last choice. i rather spam something that works than something that has *chances*
    and i would recommend monk as first due to the facts they arent that quite hard to build....