Community Member

Default UI and mouse pointers

Are there any downloadable UI's with any better mouse pointers than the one in DDO thats extremely hard to find??

unfortunately there's no way to modify the mouse pointer size, or graphics with a UI skin

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    Are there any downloadable UI's with any better mouse pointers than the one in DDO thats extremely hard to find??
    There is a post about three or four down from here that describes how to locate the mouse with a Windows feature.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

Thanx, I was afraid that a new UI wouldnt address the problem.. and yes, I saw the posts about the workaround, but as I read, you have to be in windowed mode for it to work, and it doesnt work all the time, so I guess I'll just try it, but the only real way to solve the problem would be for the development team here on DDO to address the situation and simply give us alternate (and larger) cursors, or to simply let us import windows cursors... I'm colorblind and when the spells and special effects are flying, its nearly impossible to locate the cursor....

Community Member

There's a simple solution used in most of the games on the planet.

Use windows hardware mouse cursor.

With that on you can go edit the windows mouse cursor anyway you want. Shape, size, color, graphic. Still not sure why ddo lacks such a basic game feature that has existed for decades.