Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default The Gimp Pale Master Theory

So Warforged Archmages are the master race etc. Why still don't quite know but this isn't a post complaining about peoples opinions just i want to limit the 300 hp terrible dc palemasters on the servers because if your like the playstyle of them better than an archmage why not be one AND not be gimp (no way). So thiese build is just a general guide line for pale masters through my eyes. so...

Archmage get specilized focus in one school so there dc match on one pale masters however just have high int providing all around dc's but archmage get the fast heal and sla's making the decision tough.

Level 20 wizard
    Based off some harder gear (not max, tome variations with or w/o the use of Litany of the dead)

Race: Human: Extra bonus feat

Drow: yes drow that terrible race that gets -2 con but gets best dc possible when u only have a +3 tome instead of the +4 tome with a human everyone has.

Warforged: I see nothing wrong with it you get 1 less int than a human and +2 con and some enhancments if
    your scared about hp.

The Feats:
    If you go human take feat you want, honestly could fit in greater Conjuration or greater spell pen if you were a first life human.

optional (human bonus feat)-Spell Focus Conjuration//Spell Pen

Level 1:Toughness
    Wizard Bonus (1): Maximize
    Level 3: Wizard Past Life (if no PL take whatever you want-Greater spell pen or Greater Conjuration Focus)
    Wizard Bonus (5): Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Level 6: Extend
    Level 9: Quicken
    Wizard Bonus (10): Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Level 12: Whatever your heart desires (mental toughness for wraith)
    Level 15: Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Wizard Bonus (15): Empower
    Level 18: Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Wizard Bonus Feat (20): Heighten

Just a couple feats on a wizard

Intelligence breakdown

18 Base
    5 Level ups
    3 Wizard Enhancements
    2 Lich form
    2 Ship buff
    2 yugo pot (you can actually use these on Pale masters and not get crit!!)
    2 Capstone
    7 Intelligence item
    3 Exceptional
    ---------------
    44 total int (but wait there's more)

Some ways to add to 50 (45 necro//44 enchantment)
    Drow: Drow 2 + 3 tome + 1 Litany of The Dead
    Drow: Drow 2 + 4 tome
    Human: +4 tome + 1 human Adaptability +1 Litany of the Dead

Other Ways to add to 48 (probably more)
    Drow: Drow 2 + 1 tome + 1 Litany of the Dead
    Drow: Drow 2 + 2 tome
    Human: 2 Tome + 1 Litany of the Dead + 1 Adaptability
    Human: 3 Tome + 1 Adaptability
    Warforged: 3 tome + 1 Litany of the Dead

Only going single TR (if you get that far you know what to do)

Starting Stats: (Drow) First Life
    Str: 10
    Dex: 10
    Con:14 (can go 16 +20 hp)
    Int: 20 (can go 18 -1 dc)
    Wis: 8
    Cha: 10

Starting Stats: (Drow) Single TR
    Str: 12
    Dex: 10
    Con:14 (can go 16 +20 hp)
    Int: 20 (can go 18 -1 dc)

Starting Stats: (Human) 28 point
    Dex: 8
    Con: 16
    Int: 18

Starting Stats: (Human) 32 Point
    Str: 14 or 11
    Con: 16 or 17
    Cha:10

Starting Stats: (Human) 34 Point
    Con: 18
    Cha:10

Starting Stats: (Warforged) 28 point
    Con: 18
    Wis: 6
    Cha: 6

Starting Stats (Warforged) 32 Point
    Str: 11 or 14
    Con: 19 or 18

Starting Stats (Warforged) 34 Point
    Con: 20

Hp Breakdown of the Squishy Pale master not even fully hp geared out

40 Lich form
    20 basic +2 tome
    40 +7 item and Litany of the dead
    20 +2 exceptional
    20 Ship Buff
    20 Toughness (item)
    40 Yugo Pot
    23 Toughness feat
    30 Greater False life
    20 Rage
    45 Shroud hp item
    ------------------------------------
    298 HP now into the seperate races thing

20/30/40 Drow/human/warforged toughness enhancements
    0/1 con(greater human adapt)/20 // Drow/Human/Warforged con enhancements

so 318 drow/ possible 348 Human (if evening)/ 358 Warforged

Base Hp!

80 for every Wizard out there then add in starting base con

the 28/32 points
    14/16/18 drow/human/warforged
    538/588/618

the 34 points
    14/18/20 drow/human/warforged
    538/608/638

So Personal Preference I went Drow becaue I wanted max dc until I get a +4 int tome then I'm going human for obvious reasons (feats hp basically no down side)

Gear? (completely changeable) and not set you can do much easier ways to get the hp and such by minos etc this is just endgame stuff.

The gear doesn't change being The epic Diabolist comes in docent and robe form
    Goggles: Conc op
    Clothing: Diabolists Docent/Robe slotted with heavy fortification so you can chug those yugo pots
    Bracers: Epic Bracer of Demons Consort slotted with Greater False Life
    Ring #1: Epic Ring of Baphomet
    Ring #2: Rahkirs Ring Int 2 crafted
    Boots: Epic Boots of Corrosion
    Gloves: Shroud HP Item
    Belt: Rahkirs Sash
    Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak slotted with toughness
    Trinket: Litany of the Dead
    Necklace Epic Torc
    Helmet: Epic Helm of frost

That took way too long ;/
    Last edited by aggressive49; 12-28-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Community Member

might be something to say about having a wf caster.

toasters and coffee machines are not welcome in any of our daily EDA groups.
    reason: vigor doesn't work on them.
    neither does trance on undead, but that's less of a issue.

long live fleshly casters!

ah! i forgot, you can use int yugo pots at no drawback as pm .

Quote Originally Posted by aggressive49 View Post
    <snip>
    optional (human bonus feat)-Spell Focus Conjuration//Spell Pen

Level 1:Toughness
    Wizard Bonus (1): Maximize
    Level 3: Wizard Past Life (if no PL take whatever you want-Greater spell pen or Greater Conjuration Focus)
    Wizard Bonus (5): Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Level 6: Extend
    Level 9: Quicken
    Wizard Bonus (10): Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Level 12: Whatever your heart desires (mental toughness for wraith)
    Level 15: Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Wizard Bonus (15): Empower
    Level 18: Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Wizard Bonus Feat (20): Heighten
    <snip>
    IMO, Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration are not optional on a first or second life wizard. I think, they are an absolut must have, where conjuration focus is only nice to have, not more. (you can get a conjuration DC of 40 without too much trouble.)

Quote Originally Posted by thx.janus View Post
    IMO, Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration are not optional on a first or second life wizard. I think, they are an absolut must have,
    Yes
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thx.janus View Post
    IMO, Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration are not optional on a first or second life wizard. I think, they are an absolut must have, where conjuration focus is only nice to have, not more. (you can get a conjuration DC of 40 without too much trouble.)
    I am actually trying out a first life Elf Pale Master just for the +4 spell penetration from elven enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by erikbozelie View Post

You don't need a spellsinger to complete EDA. Any well-geared wizard can maintain a dancing ball all day long. A warforged archmage also has free heals and free webs, which more than compensates for not having vigor. To top that off, having an additional arcane with finger and wail would easily make the quest faster than 90% of the melee toons you'd otherwise get.

It's amazing to me how people can continue to carry such incorrect notions about classes and their abilities, like when a shroud leader closes of additional arcanes because he already has two. Declining casters from EDA because they are WF is one such case. It's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    You don't need a spellsinger to complete EDA. Any well-geared wizard can maintain a dancing ball all day long. A warforged archmage also has free heals and free webs, which more than compensates for not having vigor. To top that off, having an additional arcane with finger and wail would easily make the quest faster than 90% of the melee toons you'd otherwise get.

It's amazing to me how people can continue to carry such incorrect notions about classes and their abilities, like when a shroud leader closes of additional arcanes because he already has two. Declining casters from EDA because they are WF is one such case. It's laughable.
    Wasn't there just a thread over in general spouting off about how WF arcanes were the most OP thing in the game?

This stuff amuses the heck out of me.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Default Wait a sec

Did i read that Pale Masters are gimp compared to AM, um, totally wrong. MyDDO my wizard Kathul of G-land.

Edit: I see what yer doin here, but, Pale Master is way more effective then Arch Mage I found. And extend is a waste of a feat. AM in epics works well, but seems like a bore.
    Last edited by Kathul; 12-28-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Community Member

In no way am I saying Palemaster are Gimp I'm proving they aren't in fact, and to be completely honest extend is nice for aura and haste, unless you are taking two past life actives. Also I don't see much that makes your wizard stand out from others.

I don't understand why you put points into strength (or dex in some cases) in your stat spreads, when you could get more con instead.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I don't understand why you put points into strength (or dex in some cases) in your stat spreads, when you could get more con instead.
    If your have all this planed out and starting odd con causes you to go even at cap with the tomes you have in possesion etc go for it. Problem is I didn't have every possible gear combo out there, general rule of thumb is start even stats if you dont have all this planed out aka pointless to go odd at cap.

Community Member

That's....remarkably stupid.

ah! i forgot, you can use int yugo pots at no drawback as pm .
    As can WF, get Omniscience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffyspiffy View Post
    That's....remarkably stupid.

As can WF, get Omniscience.
    you mean this thing?
    not really stupid though, we complete EDA dailly without the use of a single major pot.

Quote Originally Posted by aggressive49 View Post
    If your have all this planed out and starting odd con causes you to go even at cap with the tomes you have in possesion etc go for it. Problem is I didn't have every possible gear combo out there, general rule of thumb is start even stats if you dont have all this planed out aka pointless to go odd at cap.
    putting all your points into int and con, and with the gear you list in your OP youll end up with even stats. Putting points into str or dex is a waste, unless your doing advanced stuff like ghoste's shadowmage.

Edit: Sorry been too long since I used 28 point builds. My post was not taking them into account. Regarding 32+ point builds it is true though.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 12-29-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

you mean this thing?
    not really stupid though, we complete EDA dailly without the use of a single major pot.
    So do hundreds of other people? Just because you've accomplished a very mediocre achievement, doesn't make you an expert who can make such an off the wall statement like "WF aren't allowed in my EDAs" and then expect to be taken seriously.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    So do hundreds of other people? Just because you've accomplished a very mediocre achievement, doesn't make you an expert who can make such an off the wall statement like "WF aren't allowed in my EDAs" and then expect to be taken seriously.
    between round 1 and the shrine you can regenerate about 1000 sp per person with vigor.
    2 casters, 1 healer, 1 bard = 4000 sp. you wanna pot that everytime you run EDA? go ahead.

not sure why you wanna pick a fight with name calling and belittling achievements AtomicMew.
    do you disagree that 4000 aditional sp does not make it a easy eda?

I see no point to run it with WF casters when you can have a easyer completion with fleshies in there.
    all i did was add a benefit to the fleshie list.

what i really question is what this has to do with the Original Post AtomicMew,

about the OP.
    WF are also immune to the ear dweller's disease, which is a plus side, but cant use they're larva's to regen sp, which is a downside.

Quote snipe time:

not sure why you wanna pick a fight with name calling and belittling achievements AtomicMew.
    do you disagree that 4000 aditional sp does not make it a easy eda?
    I'm not picking a fight with you or trying to belittle your achievement, EDA is not a particularly challenging epic nowadays. I'm telling you that what you're saying is wrong. Not everything is a personal attack.
    what i really question is what this has to do with the Original Post AtomicMew,
    That's a good question. What does having a outlandish policy of not accepting warforged casters in a relatively easy quest like EDA - have to do with the original post? Since you brought it up, you tell me.

between round 1 and the shrine you can regenerate about 1000 sp per person with vigor.
    2 casters, 1 healer, 1 bard = 4000 sp. you wanna pot that everytime you run EDA? go ahead.

I see no point to run it with WF casters when you can have a easyer completion with fleshies in there.
    all i did was add a benefit to the fleshie list.
    I run EDA all the time and I rarely pot when I'm on my wizard, and I rarely see competent wizards pot either. I ran a no-spellsinger EDA last night where even after a beholder summon blew out four disco balls in a row in round one, we still managed to complete in 32 minutes with zero pots. Thinking a spellsinger automatically makes for a better run, much less is NECESARRY, is just flat out wrong.

A spellsinger brings less DPS than another caster or even another melee (since inspire courage only affects 6 and not 12). And so a spellsinger is possibly not even optimal in EDA, and if that's true, vigor is moot and whether your caster can be affected by it is a total non-issue.

Rather than building straw-mans to attack (you must like using pots - I rarely do spellsinger or no, you're just picking a fight - I'm really not), be honest and debate the points, and I think you could see that your viewpoint is narrow. Refusing casters because they are warforged is unbelievably myopic.
    Last edited by AtomicMew; 12-29-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Community Member

Sounds like you run a pretty weak eDA group. I wouldn't want to join on a toaster if you're that dependent on Spell Song Vigor.

dont think anyone s disagreeing that vigor CAN make a large difference. Its simply being stated that eDA is not a quest where that difference is needed. Most good arcanes have to really try to burn thru their SP between shrines in eDA, that or their DCs suck.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Community Member

LOL a strong arcane can solo cc EDA easily without using any pot and still manage 90-120 kills alike, AM or PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast