Community Manager

Default Introducing: Challenge Leaderboards!

See how you rank against others on your server with new Challenge Leaderboards! Compare your score with your friends, and check out what groups are top of the charts! You can see individual scores, as well as who was in the party for that Challenge run (and even how many Hirelings they brought along).

Frequently Asked Questions

How are Challenges scored on the Leaderboards?

Players and parties who’ve obtained the most stars in a Challenge variant will appear highest in rank on the Leaderboards. If they’ve earned the same amount of stars, it is the score that further defines who is top rank for that Challenge!
    You can see top scores for each Challenge variant.

How many of my scores will show?

You may have 1 high score per difficulty level per Challenge variant on the Leaderboard. So if you got a high score in Kobold Island – The Disruptor and also in Kobold Island – Kobold Chaos, you would appear on the list for each of those variants. If you got a high score on Kobold Chaos at level 8, then another high score at level 11, you’d appear on the level 11 and level 8 lists.

How over-level can I be and still appear on the Leaderboard for a Challenge variant?

You can be no more than 4 levels over the selected difficulty level to have your high score appear on the Leaderboard. For example: If you play a challenge and select level 10, your character can be no higher than level 14 to have their high score show up on the Leaderboard for that variant.

Hey, I just leveled up recently, why doesn’t the Leaderboard reflect my new level?

Leaderboard rankings reflect what level you were at the time you ran that Challenge. So if you get a high score at level 4, then level yourself up to 6, the Leaderboard will still state that you earned that high score when you were level 4.

How can I see who was in a party, and how do I know if there were Hirelings involved?

Under the “Party” column, you will see two numbers. The number on the left is the total amount of characters that were in the group, and the number in parentheses indicates how many of those characters were hirelings. You can also hover your mouse over the number listed in the “party” column to see what characters were on that run, and what the highest level party member was.

How do high scoring parties display on the Leaderboard?

Each person’s high scores are tracked individually. If your party scores a high score together, you’ll see each person’s name listed in alphabetical order, and you’ll be tied for the same rank on the left. If you then play with someone else and get an even better score, your name would move further up the rank list. There will still be record that you participated in that party in the Party tooltip.

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Artificer's dogs also show up in the hireling count.. Sort of interesting seeing 6 players and 3 hirelings in a party.

Vordax

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Hey, I just leveled up recently, why doesn’t the Leaderboard reflect my new level?
    Leaderboard rankings reflect what level you were at the time you ran that Challenge. So if you get a high score at level 4, then level yourself up to 6, the Leaderboard will still state that you earned that high score when you were level 4.
    This doesn't appear to be the case, Picture portals - EPIC, Khyber level 21:

The level 2 wizard was a level 20 Artificer at the time this was ran.

Vordax

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Does not work with Wayfinder selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    T

The level 2 wizard was a level 20 Artificer at the time this was ran.

Vordax
    I'm going to bet its all based on MyDDO data. He is a lvl 2 wiz in Myddo:

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/iskarel/
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I love this already. On a whim, I picked a Thelanis lvl 20 challenge at random, to see who had the highest score, solo, for that challenge (and to give myself a solo target to shoot for).

MrCow, of course. Don't know why I even bothered checking
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Level 22 to 25 challenges aren't showing. I checked one I'd completed personally on 25 (Buying Time) to be sure it had been done, as the conventional wisdom is to do 21 on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I'm going to bet its all based on MyDDO data. He is a lvl 2 wiz in Myddo:

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/iskarel/
    Most definitely! That is my character, and the 7th party member was my dog.

Vordax

Community Member

One of my characters appears on a leader board for L21. I have completed the same quest on L22 and L23 but do not appear on those boards. Is there a delay on updating the boards or would there be some other reason I don't appear?

There is also another L21 leader board on which that character appears but I am at No. 33 despite the fact that a party I was in appears higher on the board at No. 19. Methinks the boards are bugged.
    Last edited by black_pearl2001; 12-22-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

My guildie isn't showing up despite having completed challenges together.

My best example is The Dragon's Hoard CR 18 EDIT: on Khyber.

I'm there on Aggrim - with my guildie (and his dog = 1 hireling) in the party, and he actually was in the challenge throughout and when it completed. But he's nowhere to be found on the Leaderboard either above on more stars, or below me on fewer.

Incidentally his MyDDO does accurately show his last logout.

This leaderboard is very cool though.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 12-22-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

One thing I've noticed, it seems to record the full party, regardless of who's in the Challenge. For example:

Spadeqt was AFK at the time after being social with Darkshire and myself (Ethirial), so unless there's somehow a new way to contributed from the Airship, I'm not sure if their name should be displayed. Its not a huge thing though.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Maybe I missed it. Is there a way to sort by score first, then star count secondary? The star count is nice and everything, but I personally find score the more important stat of the two as that's the number people may be trying to reach on a regular basis while star count is a "once and you're done" thing you do for favor. The concept of getting max stars and also attempting to get a high score at the same time is something that I find would be appealing to maybe 5% of the people actually running the challenges. The two goals are essentially mutually exclusive of one another and in many cases if you're "going for stars" you will be sacrificing your max score in some way to do so.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I lost my High Score:
    Was (EDIT:5 Stars) and 5096 or 5095 with Aggrim on Khyber Behind The Door CR 15, when I was CL 13 last life.

That score showed until I ran Behind The Door CR 15, when I was level 5 on my latest TR because I wanted to see how far I could get. Now that score - which was markedly worse - 3 Stars, Score of 3522 is showing and I've lost my better one.

I'm not too cheesed at having lost my sweet score, but I am curious as to what the overwrite conditions are so I can avoid this in future.

Will a score at a lower character level of the same character always overwrite? i.e. careful if you TR and want to maintain your rankings?
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 12-27-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Still not working with Wayfinder as selected server.

Community Member

I like checking how well I've done against the leaderboard. Nice feature. I have three suggestions for improvements:

1. Optional sort by score: Could you add a fourth selection box called "Sort" with options of "Stars" and "Score"? (default to "Stars") Challenges are all about making choices about what you want to accomplish. It would be nice if those of us more focused on score could see how we rank. For example, on Khyber / The Dragon's Hoard / Level 10, my toon ("Agthorr") is ranked 44th when sorting by Stars first, but if sorting by Score first I'd be 6th. But to figure that out, I have to count up by hand how many people have a higher score than me.
    2. Hyperlinks: Also, could you make it possible to hyperlink to a particular leaderboard? Above, I would have liked to hyperlink to the challenge leaderboard for Khyber / The Dragon's Hoard / Level 10.
    3. All Worlds: For the "World" selection box, could you add an "All Worlds" option? It would be nice to track how I'm doing compared to all players, not just players on the same server. You could perhaps setup a small recurring task that queries the results for each world and combines them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snarglefrump View Post
    All Worlds: For the "World" selection box, could you add an "All Worlds" option? It would be nice to track how I'm doing compared to all players, not just players on the same server. You could perhaps setup a small recurring task that queries the results for each world and combines them.
    This'd be nice, but that means it would have to actually work on all worlds. Wayfinder is still a no go.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    This'd be nice, but that means it would have to actually work on all worlds. Wayfinder is still a no go.
    We're having the same problem in Ghallanda, I've got a few high scores that should be there but it looks like the leaderboard doesn't update itself...

Community Member

When i go to the leaderboard, it's blank, nothing to check...it says I have to "Select a World, challenge, and rating to view leaderboard for that challenge"

Where do I check off those three parameters there are no check boxes...