Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Why do I now picture Eladrin as an evil slave driving Santa, and Vargouille as his hideous igoresque elf?

Oh yeah, Hi vargouille.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeshaper View Post
    Now that's just crazy talk
    “It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire staining, the staining becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.”

This has has never happened to me but I cringe every time I hear "****! I didn't combine my Supreme shards! Now I've got to start all over again!" I can totally see myself absent-mindedly doing the same thing.

To hear that this might be permanently done away with in the future drops my anxiety with GS crafty quite a bit. Thank you for working on this. It will be a HUGE improvement over the existing system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by bhgiant View Post
    This has has never happened to me but I cringe every time I hear "****! I didn't combine my Supreme shards! Now I've got to start all over again!" I can totally see myself absent-mindedly doing the same thing.

To hear that this might be permanently done away with in the future drops my anxiety with GS crafty quite a bit. Thank you for working on this. It will be a HUGE improvement over the existing system.
    I have done it, it is no fun. Multiple times actually in new and creative ways, I am just dumb.

P.S. I didn't mean to rhyme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeshaper View Post
    Now that's just crazy talk
    “It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire staining, the staining becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.”

Quote Originally Posted by bhgiant View Post

It's just going to sucker you in with a false sense of security... now you're all "Uh-uh. Not crafting until tomorrow when I sober up!" After a night of drunken raiding. When this happens you'll be all "Heck ya! I can craft this up no problem, it's idiot proof now!" and *kaplooey* you discover you're the new improved idiot that beats the idiot proof system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    One of my designers is currently in the process of converting the Shroud system over to use a barter style interface, which should reduce these sorts of problems in the long run.

He's also creating a partial-deconstruction system, where you can crush a greensteel item back into a random assortment of ingredients, currently around half of what it took to create a weapon of that tier. (Subject to change! Insert Still In Development Disclaimer here!)

A single shard tier three weapon like the one you mention would (with the current plan) be turned back into 4-8 random smalls, 4-8 random mediums, and 4-8 random larges.

Say hi to Vargouille! He'd shake your hand, but he only has tentacles.
    +1 to the good news.

One of my designers is currently in the process of converting the Shroud system over to use a barter style interface, which should reduce these sorts of problems in the long run.

He's also creating a partial-deconstruction system, where you can crush a greensteel item back into a random assortment of ingredients, currently around half of what it took to create a weapon of that tier. (Subject to change! Insert Still In Development Disclaimer here!)

A single shard tier three weapon like the one you mention would (with the current plan) be turned back into 4-8 random smalls, 4-8 random mediums, and 4-8 random larges.

Say hi to Vargouille! He'd shake your hand, but he only has tentacles.
    Love this. What about breaking the GS blank down to base ingredients if we made the wrong GS blank?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

I should note that these changes aren't going to be going live very soon - we need a very long test cycle for these recipes, since I can't imagine what it would be like if we totally broke greensteel crafting. Long term plans.
    I understand that these are long term changes, but can you start implementing these changes as soon as there is a generally working version on Llama-land? I imagine there will be different expectations of what the process entails, and the more feedback the better. Also, it increases the amount of people that can "preview" it to make sure nothing breaks for their live equipment.

"Incredible Potential can be restored to Tower of Despair Rings, wiping the ring clean so you can imbue it with different effects."

Edit:
    I should note that these changes aren't going to be going live very soon - we need a very long test cycle for these recipes, since I can't imagine what it would be like if we totally broke greensteel crafting. Long term plans.
    Thank you much for taking your time. Take as long as you need The last thing this game needs is another exploit, such as people being able to dupe ingredients or something.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Eladrin is a nice guy, once you get past the maniacal laughter. There was absolutely nothing wrong with those cookies.

What?
    That was just maniacal laughter in the background, I believe.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Greensteel decon AND TOD ring resets?!?!!??!!??! :O :O :O :O I APPROVE!

Good job Turbine, you've just managed to wrestle more money from my wallet!

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

Madfloyd askin for our thoughts AND GS decon on the cards? I can't take it, please annouce nerfs for my fav classes to balance this out.

Community Member

While you're messing about with GreenSteel, could you add Handwraps?

The extra damage could be coded like Garments of Equilbrium; or even leave off the extra damage if it's too hard to code.

Monks will be very happy.

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    please say we get to keep cleanshed blanks as well .

Ps: If you get this right i will forget 2011's bugfestation!, seriously i will hit myself in the head with a coconut till i forget!.

win!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    While you're messing about with GreenSteel, could you add Handwraps?

The extra damage could be coded like Garments of Equilbrium; or even leave off the extra damage if it's too hard to code.

Monks will be very happy.

Geoff.
    If Wraps are added to GS, then I demand that ToD Rings' elemental damage apply to melee weapons.

Community Member

Sweet
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

I don't have any greensteel mistakes (though I do have two lightning 2 khopeshes on a toon that will be a thf...getting those back would be nice, but that was a planning error, not a crafting error), and I'm super-excited about this. One thing I'm excited about personally are the ring fixes - I have screwed up rings, or changed my mind on a character after making its rings. This would be AWESOME.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Kambuk View Post
    Can we get a trade in mechanism like the challenge/cannith ingredients at the same time?

3 Small > 1 Medium
    3 Medium > 1 Large
    It's a nice idea, the problem is that you can buy smalls from the DDO store and this suggestion would then mean you can effectively buy large devil scales from the store by purchasing smalls then trading up.

I like the trading across the same size though I'm not sure of the 3 to 1 ratio.

Be nice if you we had a choice of clean blank and no ingredients or no blank and random ingredients. At least throw in a chance for a signet stone and some blank ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Hi. I'm an evil vampiric flying head and my name is pronounced var-GWEEL. Eladrin is my overseer of Unholy Eldritch Rituals and Systems Design. He also gave me cookies in exchange for delving into Green Steel crafting.

They were pretty good cookies.
    Hi, welcome to the forums! Please enjoy your stay. As a friendly warning, some of us do bite, from the sounds of things however, you'll likely bite us first! If you do get bitten, try not to take it personally, some of us are ravenous for new food (for thought). I hope to hear a lot from you, specifically about the upcoming changes to "Green Steel and Co." that you've been tasked to make, I'm sure we're all looking forward to it anxiously.

PS. Shr Cookies Plz.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

He's also creating a partial-deconstruction system, where you can crush a greensteel item back into a random assortment of ingredients, currently around half of what it took to create a weapon of that tier.
    Five words: Holy Bleepity Bleep Bleep Bleep!!!

Number 1 on my wish list for so very long. Make it happen guys, make it happen!
    Thelanis: Mithran, Mithrana, Aggrond, Arcanned, Ainadan, and others

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast