Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Some of the topics on my mind are:

- Strengths & weaknesses of the game
    Please forgive the wall of text.

If I were Turbine I'd ask myself have we correctly identified the key elements that distinguish our game from other MMOs and do we strive to improve those elements each and every development cycle. Is there a mission statement that keeps the team on track or does the brand become diluted when Turbine grafts ideas from other MMOs? Is there still a laser focus on what makes the game fun (and making that fun better) or is there a danger in drifting towards trying to be all things to all people in hopes of capturing greater market share?

The list below is what sold me on DDO and has kept me playing for over 5 years where all other MMOs have failed to hold my attention more than a month. From my perspective, this is what makes the game a success. This is what makes it fun. These aspects should be further supported and developed for continuous improvement of the game.

(1) VOICE CHAT: DDO was the first MMO I experienced to offer voice. Facilitating this social connection is what pulls me away from single player games like Dragon Age and Skyrim. No fantasy story is as compelling as hearing about the lives of real people. It is the friendly voices of my guild mates that keeps me playing. What would happen to the game if voice chat were to disappear? Does Turbine consider voice chat to be a cornerstone of the game's success and if so, what improvements have been made since launch? Are there individual volume slider for each player in a party so you can crank up the volume on those who speak too quietly and tone down the volume on the players who have swallowed their microphone? Can Turbine be innovative in any way around voice chat: create an automatic voice chat channel without grouping anytime anyone steps onto the guild boat? How about audio messages that can be attached to letters to friends and guild mates? Have dungeons where a demon curse lowers the voice range of the cursed player so that he or she sounds like Satan or maybe a zone in Xoriat where voice chat sounds like squeaky gerbils? Squelch able user downloaded WAV file movie quotes that can be toggled onto hirelings to increase the value and fun of running with a hireling (same could be done with iron defender pets - growls, barks yaps or even meows). Those are a few ideas off the top of my head, and not necessarily ones that should be implemented; however, my point remains, if VOICE CHAT is one of the keys to DDO then Turbine should be improving upon the customer experience with this facet of the game.

(2) GROUP PLAY: DDO drew me in with the private instance. The smaller groups of 6 creates a dinner party atmosphere with humor and occasionally team work. I've felt lost in other MMOs where at best I exchanged a tell with a zerging stranger and tried to keep up as we avoided other players stealing our kills. I periodically like to solo and it’s important that the game remain accessible for single play but other MMOs can offer crowds of strangers running past each other. Let them be best at single play and let DDO continue to provide the best group play experience. This needs to remain a focus of game play.

With that in mind, has everything been done that can be done to facilitate the Looking For Group interface to making grouping easier? Are further improvements possible; for example, could I enter a particular quest I'd like to run in my LFM profile, say an unpopular one like Faithful Departed. Then, as I play the game, I would get personalized notices akin to World Broadcasts whenever there is a LFM up for my selected quest (Faithful Departed) advising me to go check the grouping interface.

Does Turbine's design philosophy, while necessarily supporting solo play with hirelings and dungeon scaling, still provide a structure that will naturally lead towards grouping? I find that the 10% xp bonus for not having any party members die discourages me from running with people outside of my guild. Now that dungeon scaling is in play I would rather solo or run with a friend than fill the group with PUGGERS who may be less experienced with the game and possibly die removing that 10% bonus. Could Turbine provide some incentive to encourage grouping with newer players, say a "mentoring bonus" of +15% xp for each player if there is at least one party member who is not a TR who has not run the quest or raid on any difficulty. When I run quests with guild members I often don't fill the party so that I can leave a few slots open in case any more guild members log on. If Turbine were to offer incentives, say +20%, +15% and + 10% renown bonus to FULL groups of small, medium and large guilds respectively then would those guilds be more tempted to pick up a 5th and 6th player when running a quest

Does Turbine's design philosophy for Enhancements and named loot facilitate and encourage group play? There is the Favored Souls Prestige Class champion and the Halfling's Hero's Companion but these are the exception rather than the rule among enhancements and hardly structured in power to incentivize larger group play. Could Turbine provide more powerful enhancements that would scale in power to encourage grouping? For example: Collective Consciousness (Each player with Collective Consciousness gains +25 Spell Points for every other player in the party with Collective Consciousness up to a maximum of 150 spell points), Strength in Numbers (You gain a stacking +1 STR/ +1 CON if two or more players are within a 15 foot radius, You gain a stacking +4 STR/ +4 CON if five or more players are within a 15 foot radius). Does Turbine design a respectable percentage of magic items to promote group play, for example +2 Falchion of the Harem Guardian [Min level 6] If 3 or more members of party are female Falchion is +3 and gains Flame burst, If 5 or more members of the party are female Falchion gains +5 and Summon Efreeti 1/day]

Does Turbine place an emphasis on designing quests that encourage group play without mandating it? A good example is the modular design of Into the Depths where it is more efficient to divide and conquer in a group yet objectives can still be completed individually. Does Turbine design quests where team work is preferable to overcoming an obstacle via solo play. The quest Schemes of the Enemy almost had this with the wheel puzzle for deactivating the Peacemaker boss but in the end, its more efficient to beat down the boss as a solo player or as a team than to work as a unit to solve the puzzle. Provide two paths to victory to allow for solo play but make the teamwork approach the more compelling method. Does Turbine make the quests accessible or does Turbine hide quest entrances deep in dangerous wilderness areas so that once the quest has begun newer players are reluctant to join the group because they can't find their way or its too dangerous for them to travel by themselves?

(3) ACCESSIBILITY: I have a family and I travel for work. I consume my entertainment in 30 - 60 minute increments. DDO succeeded where other MMOs failed by allowing me to log on and quickly access my entertainment without requiring participation in the MMO to be a part time job. I don't have to jog 15 minutes to reach a quest entrance before I can start my fun. I don't have to click on 500 dead bodies and sort through those inventories when I can open a single chest. Now there is dungeon scaling and hirelings so I don't necessarily have to wait to fill my party before beginning a quest. The game has been a success for me because I can partake in most of the content without grinding.

Is accessibility(*) still a central tenet of the game design. Does obtaining an end reward from Challenges require excessive grinding before an end reward can be created? Is Turbine designing Raids so that the casual player can participate in those Raids on normal without named loot/ Greensteel in every equipment slot? Is the crafting system designed for the casual player in terms of time investment or was it designed for a different type of player? When Turbine designs new quests and raids does it consider the amount of time needed to complete that content and strive to provide a few 30 - 60 minute options to promote accessibility for a wide range of players?

(*) Please note, there is a subtle difference between accessibility and difficulty. The game can still be a challenge with Elite settings and accessible via convenient to reach quest locations with minimal grind and optional Casual difficulty settings.

(4) CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION: The ability to make mix and match the character classes into unusual combination is a big part of what has sustained my interests in this game. If limited to a few narrowly predefined classes (fighter always = tank, cleric always = healer) then I would have exhausted the game content by now and moved to something else. As it stand, I keep adding character slots and rerunning the content to try the latest prestige class or some unusual combination of my own creation just to see how it feels. Turbine is doing a good job in not pigeonholing us and letting us play what we want but could more be done to further customize character choices so they felt and played differently from one another rather than just being an assemblage of gear. Take alignment for example, has Turbine done enough with alignment to differentiate the play experience of a pure lawful neutral fighter versus a pure fighter that is true neutral, neutral good or chaotic neutral? Could more be done in terms of alignment specific enhancements and gear so that the choice of alignment would feel as distinct in game play as the choice of character race? Is there enough diversity feat selection or are we limited to a small subset of playable feats? Could there be more of an effort with enhancements and named gear to make some of the less popular feats (Bullheaded, Skill focus heal, Snake blood, Athletic, etc. ) more useful and interesting? Are there mechanics currently in the game that with just a little more attention and power adjustment could open up entirely new fronts of game play (trap making, pet augmentations etc.)?

(5) D&D SPIRIT: DDO is first and foremost a video game and yet what drew many of us to try the game was some past experience with pen and paper D&D and a desire to recapture some of that nostalgia. As Turbine improves its video game does it place proper emphasis on enhancing and further deepening the "flavor" from pen and paper D&D. Are quest and raids developed advancing the story of the Lord of Blades or do we get Challenges like kobolds mining gems as we lay torches or operate extractors with little back story and negligible connection to the D&D universe. What is Turbines priority for adding Iconic D&D monsters like purple worms, carrion crawlers, and even Owlbears versus adding Ice Games, Mabar coffee and increased bank space.. Turbine pays homage to classic video games like packman in the Shroud but does it try to bring classic D&D modules to life like Tomb of Horrors or White Plume Mountain? Are there still classic D&D magic items that could be added to the game? How much value does Turbine see in the DM narration and how is Turbine improving upon this element of the game (celebrity voice acting)? What is the relative importance of completing Prestige Enhancements or implementing Patron Deity options for cleric spell selection?

(6) ACTIVE COMBAT: I don't have any specific suggestions here but I think most would agree this is one of the major draws of DDO over other MMOs. Given this is the case can Turbine make that better? Rag doll physics? Simulated attacks of opportunity when a player enters the swing radius of a monster (normalized D&D movement rates in the attack radius consistent with monster's movement speed)? Environmental effects such a water on the floor weakening fire walls or rain and wind decreasing the effectiveness of missile weapons? Are there more things we can break, move and set on fire in the dungeon setting to make it feel more dynamic and interactive?

Community Member

got something popping to my mind, which you definitly should ADD to your let's talk list: USER/CHAT interface

Each time i start a new toon it takes me around an hour to set chats up, etc. Each time i have to enable the options I want and set up the userchannels, I'd like to participate. I would really appreciate some kind of export/import of the chat-settings as well as a 'save current UI-Locations (like Party-HP, Map, Chat, Optionspanel (exclude hotbars)) and import it on my other characters... it would really save a lot of time and it is definitly something people might find pretty useful!

So when are you going to get around to a segue to what is upcoming in update 13. That will likely be some of the last Lets Talk segments. My personal guess is ranged combat and a significant change to true reincarnation perhaps giving somebody who true reincarnates multiple past life options to chose from...
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claver View Post
    Does Turbine's design philosophy, while necessarily supporting solo play with hirelings and dungeon scaling, still provide a structure that will naturally lead towards grouping? I find that the 10% xp bonus for not having any party members die discourages me from running with people outside of my guild. Now that dungeon scaling is in play I would rather solo or run with a friend than fill the group with PUGGERS who may be less experienced with the game and possibly die removing that 10% bonus. Could Turbine provide some incentive to encourage grouping with newer players, say a "mentoring bonus" of +15% xp for each player if there is at least one party member who is not a TR who has not run the quest or raid on any difficulty.

[snip]

Does Turbine place an emphasis on designing quests that encourage group play without mandating it?

[snip]

Provide two paths to victory to allow for solo play but make the teamwork approach the more compelling method.
    Being a Newbie myself, I like these parts.

Personally, I love questing solo, because doing so, I can rather role-play my game. Plus, I'm a very slow "explorer-type" kind of player, someone, who likes to find out every little bit of a quest area (similar, but not fully, to the "completist" kind of player).

Personally, I refrain from grouping simply because I do not know about the Netiquette that's going on within a group. I just don't know what is considered "bad behaviour" and what not.

When I read in the forums here (have been a Lurker for some time now), I often read of people who attract too much aggro, which is usually frowned upon by more experienced players.

Which brings me to my next point : Experienced players. I often fear that they might either laugh about my attempts or insult me becauseI have done something wrong which is "common knowledge" within the circles of rather more experienced players, but *not* within the circles of total Newbies ... No-one is teaching them "best practices".

In table role playing, a GM could help out, help the Newbies by explaining this and that. Explaining them the system rules, and that - for example - too selfish behaviour might lead to aggro of the other group members.

But here, within the game, no-one tells me. There is no tutorial of some sort about what's considered "best practises" and "good behaviour" among players [within a group].

If it wasn't so much work, I'd like to see a "grouping tutorial", like ... an experienced GM inviting ONLY Newbies into a PUG. Experienced ones and TRs would be thrown out.
    This way, Newbies could learn what to pay attention to.

This would be similar to the very first entrance quest into DDO, the one from Korthos Island (I'm assuming that everyone plays it). Only more expanded, over a bigger field, and with a bigger enemy, so Newbies could learn how to react towards threats.

But still - I'd like to be able to solo quests without having to fear that a) my char will die too soon or/and b) my char's equipment will be totally destroyed (I had to repair my equipment for several hundreted Plat after I had to retreat from The Pit !).

And last : I absolutely hate the respawn of the oozes in The Pit. In solo mode. They destroy everything (that belongs to the chars/toons) there, imho.

however, my point remains, if VOICE CHAT is one of the keys to DDO then Turbine should be improving upon the customer experience with this facet of the game.
    Personally, I don't do any voice chat. Simply because I'm an European playing on an English-speaking server, and I fear that either I won't be understand or won't be able to understand others, or both.
    Plus, I'm half deaf in RL.
    I'm only using chat - and that is quite slow within any quest (I did a few quests with other guild members, who are much, much more experienced than I am.)
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 01-15-2012 at 09:04 AM.

MF,
    It’s been 12 days since the last thread. I’m ready for a thread about True Reincarnation or Ranged Combat.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Or we could let all hell break lose and start the AC thread.

Some of the topics on my mind are:
    - AC
    MadFloyd, you have just risen a notch in everybody's good book.

On the subject of AC, i think that we need to reduce it on decent scale. Having to min/max and get VERY specific gear seems to be unfair to untried new players. Either that, or provide many more ways to easily reach the high AC requirements. Like mentioned in the Enhancement topic, you want racial prestige classes. I believe that somewhere in the Warforged Juggernaut class, they did consistently have a large amount of AC. Perhaps adding an AC line to warforged, dwarves, humans, and half orcs will allow for a much wider variety of AC tanking to be accomplished. Overall though, I think that an AC reduction requirement on the bosses will make things much easier. From a more practical point of view, a reduction of AC will mean that min/max AC tanks wont be needed anymore, allowing for a build to reach the highest practical AC, and then allowing the rest of the build to be focused on another aspect.
    The Patron Saint of Patience on Sarlona Server
    Toons: Ormadil The Red, Aesanon The Orange, Aedanon The Gray, Faithwarden, Aelanon The Blue

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    MF,
    It’s been 12 days since the last thread. I’m ready for a thread about True Reincarnation or Ranged Combat.
    Thanks for counting. :-)

I'm already in hot water with the folks in the Enhancement threads about not responding, so I'm reluctant to start another one until I catch up.

Last week was the week from hell. I'm hoping to make more progress this week.
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    thanks for counting. :-)

i'm already in hot water with the folks in the enhancement threads about not responding, so i'm reluctant to start another one until i catch up.

Last week was the week from the underdark. I'm hoping to make more progress this week.

ftfy
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

I'm already in hot water with the folks in the Enhancement threads about not responding, so I'm reluctant to start another one until I catch up.
    But that thread has become like this:

What this forum needs is moar topics to argue about!
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Thanks for counting. :-)

Last week was the week from hell. I'm hoping to make more progress this week.
    Personally, I'd love a "let's talk: Abbot" thread... specially if, unlike the current challenges thread, it actually leads to changes/action :P
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

A new patch on live and a Lama drop of U13 would redirect forumer' attention onto more than just the enhancements thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

...(3) ACCESSIBILITY: I have a family and I travel for work. I consume my entertainment in 30 - 60 minute increments. DDO succeeded where other MMOs failed by allowing me to log on and quickly access my entertainment without requiring participation in the MMO to be a part time job. I don't have to jog 15 minutes to reach a quest entrance before I can start my fun. I don't have to click on 500 dead bodies and sort through those inventories when I can open a single chest. Now there is dungeon scaling and hirelings so I don't necessarily have to wait to fill my party before beginning a quest. The game has been a success for me because I can partake in most of the content without grinding...
    I would disagree with this point, I find that in some ways accessibility is a problem with DDO.

In DDO you start a quest and buff up using finite resources (spell points, item activations etc.). If you had to go AFK for any reason you were penalized when you came back and found that those buffs had worn off or were about to expire and you had to again spend finite resources to recast those buffs. I would dread getting logged out due to inactivity because I would have to repeat the quest from the begining. This led to a feeling of frustration when I had to AFK for any reason and was one of the reasons that drove me to stop playing.

In other MMO's such as LOTRO I did not feel that same drive/need to complete an instance. I could find a safe spot and either log out or go AFK without the dread of having spent resources that I could not get back. I was always a few minutes away from a quest or task that I could accomplish within a short period if my time was limited. I did not feel the need to dedicate a block of time to getting through an instance from start to finish.

Just my 2 cents.

M.

Last week was the week from hell.
    No challenge. No fun.
    Sounds like you are having lots of fun!
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

First off, I would like to say welcome, if anyone else hasn't beaten me to the punch.

I'd like to get your feedback on a number of topics and to that end I will be starting separate threads on each of them. The idea here is to make sure we're hearing your wishes, get constructive feedback on past updates as well as some future plans, and being able to drill down and ask some specific, but important questions.
    I'm pretty sure you do, MadFloyd. I now recently have a lot of free time on my hands.

This is going to be somewhat tricky for a number of reasons. I'm not at liberty to divulge all our plans. There's always a high risk for misinterpretation. I expect some degree of controversy. I expect some cynicism and anger and I expect to be humbled at times.
    I totally concur with that statement.

One thing that is exceptional about the DDO community compared to many other MMOs is the level of maturity. Most of you are highly passionate about the game and can articulate your thoughts and ideas extremely well.
    Time for a party, perhaps? To celebrate?

As usual, if you don't feel comfortable sharing your thoughts in these threads, feel free to PM me.
    *Whispers* Don't worry, I'll let you know.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some at the moment. These threads won't all happen at once, but I hope to get them going as soon as possible.
    I can't wait to hear more from you.

Thanks in advance for your constructive participation!
    Just a funny statement you put down in thanking us in advance... Also when I first read it, I thought the last word was "criticism." Gotta go get my eyes checked. heh I thank you for your gracious words of wisdom you have to share with the DDO community.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Which brings me to my next point : Experienced players. I often fear that they might either laugh about my attempts or insult me becauseI have done something wrong which is "common knowledge" within the circles of rather more experienced players, but *not* within the circles of total Newbies ... No-one is teaching them "best practices".
    From one Newbie to another, it's really not that bad out there once you give it a try.

I've PUGed a few times now, and so far I've had predominately good experiences. Just be sure to be honest in your LFM. I typically put up something like "Me: Gimp newb. You: Helpful friendly non-zerger." or "Newbie wants to explore, help appreciated." and so far I've always gotten good people. Just be sure to let your party members know that you're new and you don't want to rush. It might* take a little while longer for your group to fill up, but at least it'll be full of the RIGHT kind of player.

*I say "might" because so far I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for two or three people to join, but I'm aware that this might be the exception rather than the rule.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer;4260097
    Personally, I love questing solo, because doing so, I can rather [B
    role[/B]-play my game. Plus, I'm a very slow "explorer-type" kind of player, someone, who likes to find out every little bit of a quest area (similar, but not fully, to the "completist" kind of player).
    I understand, newcomer myself. Ive been playing games for quite a while (I remember my coleco). And I enjoy action and RPG games a lot (Castlevania, Castle Ravenloft, DOOMs). And sure, you sometimes could have two players or maybe even compete on a lan (or cough modem cough). But for the most part it was a "ok, lets see... save world, millions of baddies, one of me and little ammo, ok dokie lets go then" kind o mentality.

Since my first MMO experiences were underwhelming to say the least. It took me many many years (and attempts) to get curious enough to wade thorugh many waves of terribly boring and superficial games before I got here. And once I got here, I just wouldnt go back.

When I started I saw many people were caught in a strange race trying to cap their characters before they even knew what role they had to accomplish. I managed to get about 3 groups in which I was comfortable but somehow those people just stopped playing. And hence I started to solo, and solo I did mostly for 6 months.

Now, I duo a lot and often hangout with a friend from my guild (who often gets 3 or 4 player parties going). So I agree, its good to have more than one way of solving a quest. When you solo you get to look at things at your pace, crush your enemies like insects and then stop and go sight seeing while reading every dialog. When youre in a party it often means catching up to whoever is in front or going in front until you reach a treasure loot it and press finish immediately.

So yeah, having a different feel to quests when soloing and when bringing your friends by means of alternative pathways/solutions would certainly be appreciated. And in my case, perhaps some cinematic sequences (would have expected something when I left Korthos for example) because though Id like a much more intricate NPC interaction I doubt a zerging party would welcome it (sigh)

As for Jahmins Post, couldn't agree more

Still of all things in his post, I would at least hope the prestige and AC part makes it to U13. Sure ranged is important (many pres depend on it, and it would make elves a much much stronger race) and there are many things to polish, but without an AC revision the enhancement system would end up being a placeholder for a future enhancement system that would require unnecessary resources (and time) to see the light of day. Since after all, AC should be as important as saves, CON, fortification, etc (at the very very least for ALL melees).

Still eagerly awaiting some of these... Now that the expansion cat has been released from the bag, I'm hoping there's a few more things that can be talked about.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Brissy Australia(u wouldn't know where the real town was)

First off, Hi Mal love your work. **** warning wall of txt following*****

I'm an old school D&D player who can't make the PnP sessions because of RL and DDO lets everyone meet up and have a good game or not and just pug it. So i don't do MMO's and have nothing to compare to. But i will give u some feed back on how DDO has changed from a Players view point since just before Update 5, which is when i started playing. This is not a right/wrong thing, it's just what it looks like to me.

Ok i start as a free to play human ranger july 10 - Korthos is awesome!
    TWF is awesome, long strafing runs of swords slashings enemy's left and right
    Quickly go P2P with extra slots playing lots of rogues and a WF thing for a while.

UPDATE 5 - guilds at first ho hum, to date i have spent TP's on upgraded ships, etc
    *best bit is the personal space for me and friends to hang out, but would be nice to have a training dummy that would take spells(now i play a few casters) and sneak damage(that lordsmarch kobold got a flogging)

UPDATE 6 - missed it totally, at the time didn't interest me at all (i have since bought red fens but don't play it)
    - i think in here somewhere was the targeting issue with spells, parked my soundbursting cleric for a loooong time till u fixed this. Pointing at the ground with any caster in those oh poo moments and emptying your blue bar until nothing is left moving and then picking up soul stones of the fallen party was a option removed for far too long imo.

UPDATE 7 - Horc and Helf, nothing here for me. i think it was the artwork of the races that just didn't do it for me
    on paper they are very powerful and currently have a horc and helf but i just don't bond to the toons
    - the new quests were fantastic, and even free to play. bought crono later but nice gear in it,too hard at level though

UPDATE 8 - so taken by the lordsmarch that a farmed favor to buy this pact, drop rates on some named gear was just down right dumb, crimson chain, wind howlers, storm singer or those monk garments anyone?
    - is this when u changed the arrow shot sounds to something very cool? nice job that
    - and is this when u totally stuffed twf attacks(and have continued on to totally stuff melee in general)
    - appearance kits - not interested at first but now i have build my heart and soul into some of my toons, it is very nice to dress them up to match who i have made them to be.

UPDATE 9 - ok somewhere in these previous and all the post updates a hireling just went from a focused single minded, hand on the trigger to a i'm trying to do to many things and now i can't to anything. currently they are still not back to their original usefulness when i started playing.
    - the madness chain - it lived up to it's name, total fun and very mad. The end quests end fight seams a heck of a lot harder then anything else in the chain.
    - the spell rework was great, my ranger could now self heal with the reduced sp costs
    - but my wizzy friend over my shoulder is yelling at me saying u f'd up his pale master
    - the new spells are nice too

UPDATE 10 - well that madness chain just sent u guys fruity i think, i'm still trying to see the point of it at all
    - some of the named gear is pretty cool, but stop with the collectables
    - oh crafting came in earlier here(update 8/9) and i only really started to get into it here. Totally love the flexibility of it, the increasing xp per lvl graph without scaling the amount of xp u get for higher level crafts is rubbish. I like the bound, unbound thing. A big thumbs up, BUT, i think as part of a bound craft could be a bound to guild craft. Have it cost 3 times the greaters i don't care, just have the crafting levels the same as bound shards. I think one guild crafter in a 6 acount guild is not overpowering and i'd like to share with my friends.
    - all in all a very underwelming update, i think i remember u breaking melee around about here too.
    - the current state of a melee attack is run up to target.....stop...swing to score a hit
    - i have come running up swinging(toon animation) to a monster and stand at them for 2-3 swings before a single hit registers and starts reducing their hp's.
    - now ppl's could say u broke it so arty's in update 11 would be nice and powerful? <shrugs>

UPDATE 11 - i love my 2nd life ranger, love my bow, love my ranged playstyle and my cut them to ribbons if they make it that close BUT since this update to best ranged toons with a weapon is an arty, booooooo
    - ok loved arty, build a WF arty got him to 11th, built a drow arty, a helf arty both deleted but used that knowledge to TR my main 2nd life RANGER into a Helf arty and sits at 18 atm and later built a dwarf melee arty.
    - Dogs are great! and at first level totally cute after that just a meat shield
    - the new quests are very nice and house c is amazing, but the raids final fights are just boring.
    - NOT more collectables and they weigh a ton!
    - i was so happy with arty i went VIP for elite opening(i have bought almost all packs(1 left?) and elite opening is the only reason i am VIP)
    - the new crossbow fire/reload thing is perfect except for breaking barrels, but u balanced it nicely with summon ammo(u should change AA into this, it's a nice game mech. it's funny to run out of ammo in a big fight and have that oh poo moment)

UPDATE 12 - WHAT THE?
    - i'm still scratching my head over this one?
    - um, u broke my dog too, and he's still broken to-date
    - nice fix on the weight of collectables, pitty u took it away

UPDATE 13 - i like it, the update your having when your not having an update.
    - i think the lessons learnt from this one are u can give us the player base basicly absolutly nothing and say it's in the next update which will be huge!
    - now i mean this in a good way, i like how MotU was handled and taking an update here and there to bug fix while the art department and story writers get extra time to develop a kick ass update is super.
    - I am VIP and am the King of alts with 13 of 17 toons on the go atm but am still torn as to if the new pact is worth it. I'm meaning the collectors one, because of all the goodies. If i was only going to buy the expansion i'd wait til it was out and read the forums, it's all the fluff(xp tomes forever! and cute cute pets) that is soo tugging at me.

I think once some of my toons became personal, that was it turbine i'll just hand my cheque book over to u now. the trick is giving me options that fit my toon. I think your halfway there to making to most addictive game on the planet!

Cheers

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112