Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Great Big TR Checklist

I made this "over the top" checklist for my last life and decided to revisit / update it.

PSA: no one should try to do ALL of these things for a TR. That would be a bit crazy. This is just a checklist of things to consider.

I have organized this list into different areas of consideration. Suggestions and additions are very welcome:

General considerations:
     Have you collected all of you quest end rewards?
     Have you collected all of your quest chain rewards?
     Are you close to completing a quest chain?
     /quest completion - Are you close to a 20th Raid completion or 3rd chain completion (especially for Mindsunder, Dreaming Dark)?
     Have you tried the new quests yet? (try them while you are high level, they’re fun and have good loot)?
     Screenshot character appearance and character sheet for historical purposes
     Run a few loot quests and set aside some cash if you need it
     Do you have another character flagged for the Shroud so you can keep collecting mats and have a steady income?
     Seals of the Stormreaver and Seals of the Abbot (run the raids again before you TR) to upgrade some raid loot
     Fill your backpack and bank - it all goes in the TR cache and can be withdrawn when needed
     Chat with your guild - Do you have a leveling buddy?

 Have you planned out your next character?
    http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/
    http://www.ddochargen.com/home.aspx

 Have you thought about the most efficient way to level up in your next life?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=237895
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=263354
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=341209

Quests by level and XP: http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_Level_and_XP

For reference, this is (probably) the optimum quest order to establish and maximize elite bravery bonus:
    1) 659 xp - from The Cannith Crystal (244 base xp, no optionals)
    2) 878 xp - from the Storehouse Secret (292 base xp, no optionals)
    3) 1,228 xp - from Haverdasher (412 base xp, no optionals)
    4) 1,313 xp - from Bringing the Light (334 base xp, 30% optional) - you run Haverdasher and Bringing the Light (level 2 quests) early in order to maximize benefit from Heyton's Rest and especially the Collaborator.
    5) 2,599 xp - from Heyton's Rest (356 base xp, 20%, 20% 20%, 33% optionals)
    6) 3,813 xp - from The Collaborator (819 base xp, 25% optional) - this puts you about 1/2 way to level 3; farm collaborator after running it on elite
    (If someone wants to double check these numbers, please do so; be sure to get all kill, breakable, and secret door bonuses)

Favor considerations and items to purchase before Resurrecting:
     How close are you to next TP / favor tier?
     Did you collect your +2 tome from 1750 favor your next life? (If you are going for completionist, remember tomes now persist through TR. Might as well get one of each.)
     Phiarlan pendant of time
     get an extra Silver Flame cookie and put it in your bank (improved hp recovery in town)
     Silver Flame pots
     Marks of Silver Flame (for crafting)
     Marks of Yugoloth (for crafting)
     Marks of Cannith (for crafting)
     Cannith purchased crafting xp pots
     Cannith purchased crafting success hammers
     Large Ingredient bag from Twelve favor
     Deneith Wide Quiver
     Deneith Thin Quiver
     Deneith “Sturdy” bolts / arrows

Flagging, & Turn Ins:
     Is your Silver Flame / Emerald Claw Necropolis trinket upgraded?
     Get your Sigil of Dal-Quor repaired
     Save an extra set of the Phylactery, Orb of Djinn, and Blessed Blood from Desert farming runs (saves a little time if you want to jump into a convenient ATDQ elite run)
     9 dragon, 9 elven and 9 giant relics for Gianthold
     Complete an extra Sigil frame from Orchard of Macabre
     Get your Boots of Anchoring
     Consider farming the orchard for tome pages (or shield pieces) - Skiver, Sever, etc are pretty nice at mid levels.
     Save 3 dragon gems for Reaver’s Refuge
     Grab or buy an extra Eberron, Siberys & Khyber dragonshard essences from Reavers Refuge (from quests or from Vorace - this saves you a little time if you want to jump into a convenient SoS elite run)
     Get Drangontouched armor/docent appropriate for your next life (and if you are going to be an Artificer - get a DT docent for your pet!)
     Collect 9 extra Shavrath trophies of war for rings in the next life
     Turn in Invasion tokens and collect an appropriate reward if you have not already done so
     Collect 20 extra tapestry pieces from Orchard in case you want a different helm at level 11
     1 full set of fruit loops for Mindsunder
     6 of each essence for Dreaming Dark alter
     unsuppress "something" for your next life in the Dreaming Dark - I always forget this.

Stuff to dump / get rid of to save room in cache for more useful gear:
     Spell components (they're cheap, buy them later)
     Guild pots (easy to replace)
     Tiny bags (these can be useful for organizing your stuff, but ditch them if you are not using them - I have several of each and don't need any more)
     Note: You CANNOT sell stuff at a bar and repurchase it after TR. All items in your buyback are cleared.
     You can also mail anything that isn't bound to an alt and just let it return to you in the mail in a few weeks.

How to organize your TR cache (more or less)
     I am still working on this puzzle, but I can confirm that ALL of the items in your personal bank slots will appear at the top of your TR Resurrection Cache list in an (apparently) random order.
    If you have 100 bank slots, those 100 items will appear at the top of your TR cache. Items in your backpack and worn items are mixed together after that. There may be some order to this but it is not yet apparent to me.

Useful (and relatively easy to acquire) low level twink gear:
     Collapsed portable hole (for Coin Lord backpack upgrade)
     Festival cookies and cakes
     Crystal Cove trinkets and gear appropriate to next life
     100+ Air Elemental gems
     Upgraded Ioun stones
     Other tomes appropriate to next life
     from Shan-To-Kor: Ring of Feathers - or get a crafted feather fall ring (ML1)
     from Shan-To-Kor: Gatewarden's Girdle (no ML); Light Fort, Fort Save +2
     from Shan-To-Kor: Cloven JaW Warbeads (ML0); +2 CON
     from Shan-To-Kor: Puzzle Cap (ML0); +2 INT
     from Shan-To-Kor: Trapblast Goggles (fno ML); Reflex +4
     from Sharn Syndicate: Nicked Greatsword (Ml2) nice for WF two-handers
     from Delera's Tomb: Voice of the Master (ML5)
     from Delera's Tomb: Devotion handwraps (for monk, no ML)
     from Delera's Tomb: Carnifex (ML4)
     from Maleficent Cabal: Phiarlan Mirror Cloak (from Partycrashers - ML3); Hide +5, Move Silently +5, Spell Resistance 17
     from Maleficent Cabal: Roderick's Wand (end reward - ML3); Summon unknown monster
     from Maleficent Cabal: Big Top (from the Big Top); for UMD
     from Maleficent Cabal: Ring of Elemental Essence (ML 3); Power III, Magnetism III, Glaciation III, Combustion III
     from Maleficent Cabal: Grim's Bracelet (necklace from A Small Problem - ML3); Str +2, natural Armor +2
     from Sentinels of Stormreach: "Repaired" Blademarked Docent (ML5)
     from Sentinels of Stormreach: "Repaired" Jidz-Tet'ka (ML5); Armor +5, Will +2, extra goodies for monks / splashes
     from Threnal: Mantle of the Wordlshaper (ML5)
     from Threnal: Fernian Handwraps (no ML); +2 Flaming Burst Handwraps, +3 Reflex Save, Fire spells and Fire Finisher Bonus
     from Tempest Spine: Maelstrom (ML2), especially for Barbarian
     from Assault on Stormreach: Vampiric Stonedust Handwraps - makes your monk pretty much unkillable
     from Assault on Stormreach: Garments of Equilibrium - monks will wear these through endgame
     from Challenges - Ring of the Master Artificer (each tier - fully upgrade - great item for WF)
     from Challenges - Spare Hand (each tier - fully upgrade - essential gear for stun based monk)
     from Challenges - Elemental Weapon appropriate to next life (each tier - fully upgrade)
     from Challenges - Ring of the Stalker (ML12 version - for manslayer effect and seeker +4 on ring, fully upgrade)
     from Challenges - Bracers of Wind (ML4 version - "blurry" on wrist slot)
     from Challenges - Rock Boots (slippery surface immunity at level 12 for special situations like White Dragon in Tor)
     from Challenges - Blasting Chime (for "weaken construct" effect - nice when soloing construct heavy quests)
     Run the Reign of Madness chain and collect end reward - Ignore the named items, GREAT rings drop here.
     Chronoscope / Abishai set (Charged Gauntlets FTW)
     Necklace of Contemplation (Caverns of Koromarr); Concentratin +5, False Life, Attack Bonus+1 - no ML
     Muckbane (Durk's) / Muckdoom (the Pit)
     Morleth Docent from Dark Scarab Dust turn-in (WF, no ML)
     Mace of Smiting (ML6)
     Dwarven Thrower (RR: Dwarf but UMD is only 14 - ML6) appears often in Garamol's Chest in SubT
     Gravnok's Band (from the Captives quest in Cerulean hills - ML2); +2 Resistance, Lesser cold resistance, lesser fire resistance (if monk, grab Weeping Handwraps - ML2 +2 Screaming wraps from that quest)
     Bottle of Air (from Hiding in Plain Site underwater) / Underwater Action (no ML) item
     Fragment of the Silver Flame trinket (from Church and the Cult); permanent protection from evil ML7
     Ring of the Mire or Bramble-Casters (or both). The only Spearblock items which are not armor/shield.
     Reaver's Ring (ML 9 - Lowest ML fear immunity item).
     a set of Crystal Cove hats for various levels

Craftable twink gear:
     Starter Rags (never let these go! I love my Thorn Guard Starter rags of Invulnerabilty)
     Crafted outfit/armor of Invulnerability (ML1)
     Crafted ring of Feather Fall (ML1)
     Crafted luck +2 item
     Crafted +4 attack bonus goggles or trinket
     Crafted melee alacrity / ranged alacrity trinket or runearm
     Crafted Persuasion item for Haggle & UMD
     Crafted Superior Inferno 7 clicky wep (pref on a b2a wep) for insta-kill DBF (for casters)
     Crafted Superior Stability armor (ML 3 with masterful crafting) if you plan on going true neutral or a Deathblock armor of superior stability (ML 9 with masterful crafting)
     Crafted greater evocation/necromancy foucs ring (for sorc/wiz) (ML 9 with masterful crafting)
     Crafted superior potency 4 ring (for arti-only pea shooter, toven's and lucid dreams got potency on rune arm and you need it for casting)
     Crafted Potency / Wizardry item for buffing
     Crafted Major Healing Lore item for healer
     Crafted level 3 Mod fort and level 7 Heavy fort items (requires Masterful craftmanship)
     Use Masterful Craftmanship (House C Mark of Favor) on any of these items to make them even better.

Useful clickies & other consumables:
     Invisibility clickie (x1 or x3 - look for no ML/ML 1 items)
     Expeditious Retreat clickie
     Goggles of Time-Sensing (from Chronoscope - ML5) for Haste x3 clickie
     Planar Gird or some other Heroism clickie
     Divine Favor clickie
     Displacement clickie
     Lesser Restoration clickie
     Remove Curse Clickie
     Ring of Ancestors or Greensteel weapon with raise dead clickie
     Royal Guard Mask (teleport clickie from Ghola Fan - one of my favorite items in the game when I am not on a caster)
     Visor of the Flesh Render Guard (Deathward clickie from Tangleroot - I believe everyone should have one of these)
     Totemic Staff of Splinterskull (from Tangleroot - ML 4) for Summon Monster 3 clickie that can be used by anyone
     Guild Cure pots , Rage pots, scrolls, etc. (BtC - your haggle should be better now than later)
     Stock up on Yugo pots
     Guild favor elixirs - there is a lot of quick favor from running low level quests on elite difficulty
     100 Tasty Hams
     A full set of new scrolls for your new spellbook next life if you will be playing a non-wizard caster (I was really annoyed on my 2nd arti life to learn that these spells did not carry over).
     +1, +2 Intelligence tomes for extra skills in next life

Extremely useful, situationally critical, high end and rare gear:
     Icy Raiment (monks)
     Any Rune Arm (get duplicates for crafting if they are available) if next life is Artificer
     Greensteel weapon appropriate to next life (Min II, Lit II, Rad, etc.)
     Cleansed greensteel accessory appropriate to next life (conc/opp for caster)
     Completed alchemical weapon appropriate to next life
     Mindfury Symbiont
     Xachosian Eardweller (any caster)
     Ring of Spell Storing (any caster)
     Mysterious Bauble (any caster)
     Torc of Prince Raiyum (any caster)
     Bloodstone
     Tharaak wraps from hound (for monk)
     Sword of Shadows
     Appropriate Amrath belts and necklaces (and matching rings if possible)
     Appropriate boss beaters
     Tharnes Goggles (melee) or crafted +4 attack goggles
     Upgraded Dreamspitter
     Chattering Ring
     Seven-Fingered Gloves
     Kundarak Delving Boots (Freedom of Movement)
     Pale Lavender Ioun Stone (upgraded)
     Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone (upgraded)
     Dark Blue Ioun Stone (upgraded) for Rogue/Artificer (+15 spot, +15 listen, used to be no ML, now may be ML 5)
     Devout Handwraps (from the Shadow Crypt) metalline pure good for monks - hard to get in my experience
     Upgraded abbot quiver: for 30% striding at ml 0 without wasting a slot
     All those pesky high level runearms (Lucid Dreams and Glorious Obscenity are pretty easy to farm)
     If you upgraded something critical into an epic item, you may want to refarm a non-epic version for leveling.

Things I always wish I had done before TRing last time…
     Farmed some extra Adamantine Ore from Relic of a Sovereign Past
     Ransacked Mining the Giant’s Vault again
     Upgraded something else in the Dreaming Dark
     Farmed "Stand Your Ground" and other "Sharn" quests for BtA gear that can be made into crafting blanks

Any other major suggestions?

Note: I am Editing this post on an ongoing basis.
    Last edited by BoBo2020; 03-30-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Default Suggestions?

Please feel free to offer suggestions, helpful hints and constructive criticisms.

I am sure there is a lot I have overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    I am sure there is a lot I have overlooked.
    I don't see how that's possible.

That is a LOT of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Extremely useful, thanks!
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member abrownbear9108's Avatar

Devs should Sticky this thread :P

Excellent post, +1
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

Very organized. I wish I would have taken half of this into account on my TR. Thank you for the insite.

I would also recommend the Kaelth's Touch trinket from turning in the Eerie scarab powder (necro III).

I would take all Epic stuff off the checklist: you cannot use it until level 20, and presumably you will be more powerful as TR'd level 20 than now, so why farm it now? Farm it when you are more powerful level 20, and will have easier time doing it.

I would add two things:

1. Ring of the Mire or Bramble-Casters (or both). The only Spearblock items which are not armor/shield and not ML 20.
    2. Reaver's Ring. Lowest ML fear immunity item.
    Last edited by brian14; 12-20-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

I must really like your posts BoBo. Can't rep ya. Darn it, only have half the stuff your list.

Evil Turbine, making me TR two weeks early, ugh.

Great list, I'm going to print it as a cheat sheet. Even as a multi-TR, I will still get good use from it.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Latest addition:
    Seal upgraded abbot quiver: for 30% striding at ml 0 without wasting a slot

Other items of interest:
    Challenges: ML 12 Water 'pesh - upgrade to tier 3 and put holy on it as universal trash beater (or masterful crafting to use it early-before shroud weps)
    Rune arms: get house C favour marks and put masterful crafting on them. decreases the ML by 2 (e.g. Pea shooter at lvl 5 or Lucid dreams at lvl17)
    Crafting: Craft a Superior Inferno 7 clicky wep (pref on a b2a wep) for insta-kill DBF (for casters)
    Crafting: Craft a Superior Stability armor (ML 3 with masterful crafting) if you plan on going true neutral or a Deathblock armor of superior stability (ML 9 with masterful crafting)
    Crafting: Craft a greater evocation/necromancy foucs ring (for sorc/wiz) (ML 9 with masterful crafting)
    Crafting: Craft a superior potency 4 ring (for arti-only pea shooter, toven's and lucid dreams got potency on rune arm and you need it for casting)

At least thats whats on my tr lists.

Cheers

Ast
    Last edited by Astars; 12-20-2011 at 10:21 AM.

 Fill your backpack and bank - it all goes in the TR cache and can be withdrawn when needed
    If your other toons are running out of backpack and bank space, put some of their stuff here -- preferably something they won't need for a while. Extra storage space!
     Get Drangontouched armor/docent appropriate for your next life
    In some cases you can get away with just a couple Dragontouched runes. I plan to TR my ranger into splashed rogue, and as soon as she reaches level 20 TR back to ranger. Tier II rune on her dragontouched leather is CON +6 which I hope to obsolete with Vorne's Belt. I already have INT +6 rune which is of no use to a ranger, but may be useful to rogue. So if I get Vorne's Belt (and possibly even if not), I will put INT +6 rune onto armor before I TR, and hopefully a Tier II rune appropriate for ranger before next TR. Tier I and III runes on that armor are suitable for ranger or rogue, and I expect to keep them indefinitely.
    Last edited by brian14; 12-20-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I would take all Epic stuff off the checklist: you cannot use it until level 20, and presumably you will be more powerful as TR'd level 20 than now, so why farm it now? Farm it when you are more powerful level 20, and will have easier time doing it.

I would add two things:

1. Ring of the Mire or Bramble-Casters (or both). The only Spearblock items which are not armor/shield and not ML 20.
    2. Reaver's Ring. Lowest ML fear immunity item.
    Have to agree here. Grabbing Epic stuff to prepare for a TR is kind of a waste of time. Having stuff that you can use while leveling much more useful. You can farm for capped junk after you cap again.

Excellent list. Well organized and complete. +1.

One thing I would add however-from levels 12+ you will be doing a lot of quests MANY times. I generally feel it is near pointless before TRing to aquire

-sands flagging items (POSSIBLY CoF is the exception)

--GH relics (most of GH is 8-12x to be honest...I have 450+ relics....9 of each you really shouldn't worry about)

Dragontouched runes (ok so you can use it at lvl 16...but reavers is farmed at 17-18, not a huge difference...farming runes at level 20 is horrifying imo )

-dragon gems (a bit annoying to farm for, but generally get a few from rares on the TR path. SoS flagging is silly anyway; the xp is nothing to go nuts for)

-IQ1 fruit loops (most of it is 5x-6x or more...and OK xp)

-IQ2 essences (generally 8x+)

-eardweller (can't use till 18, and get xp for farming for it)

-shavarath boot ing/bauble (sins 10x, some others multiple times. weap shipment xp is meh but its better than the ZERO xp you are getting at cap...and you cant use it till 18 anyway.)

If you are going to grind them, you might as well do it when you are getting xp. I am constantly thinking of upgrading new items in IQ2 even though I have ABSOLUTELY no need for them...having a reason to grind other than xp helps keep some motivation. (8th run of reclaiming memories, YEA! gotta upgrade that turd-brown ioun stone so next life I can have +15 to sense motive at level 5! YEA!)

ex. Getting the item from wizking at level 20 is kinda pointless when you only need 1 each life and you are farming the quest 10x each life.

I would generally only farm for an item if it was MUCH faster at 20 than the level you normally farm it at, or has a low ML and cannot be farmed easily at that level. Farming for muckbanes at level 20 is just silly...it's about as fast at level 2 or 3 and you are working towards the next 4.3mil instead of delaying it. Farming to upgrade an ioun stone makes sense as its ML5 and you can't do it at that level. I would personally delay it till the next life though; as I said, always looking for reasons to run more IQ2 each life...

Stuff to add/emphasize:

Build ANY character for AC for the first 6-7 levels or so. Maybe longer. Even casters. Even barbs. The difference between a naked character and a character that is...

mage armored (6min or so, ML1)
    shield clickied (1min, ML1)
    cats grace potted (3min, ML2)
    +5 prot ioun stone (forever, ML5)
    +3 barkskin potted (5ish min, ML5ish)

is EIGHTEEN. Thats maybe...15 vs 33...a huge difference in survability at low levels. With even a little work you will see only misses and glancing blows on any build...which will just be absorbed by DR.

Invulnerability at level 1 will prevent a TON of damage. It's night and day with and without it. It's actually useful for a long time...that club the fiend-blood troll is swinging at later levels STILL isn't magic. Mobs never learn

I generally go abishai @5 --->3p abishai/fens @7--->fens/GS/sands @11--->GS/amrath @18

abishai set is great at level 5 (saw it on your list but want to let the people know )

Marshwalker set-it is NOT 15% striding like it says, more like 25%. Definitely nice at level 7.

Claw set-a lot of win here for melee chars. Moderate fort/con/str/+2 damage. for wf this takes care of your fort totally and can slot false life on the belt.

All in all, great list.

This is a phenomenal list. Over the top? Yes! A great reference though, and well thought out. A whole bunch of stuff I never would have thought of, and I can be neurotically thorough sometimes (OCD ftw!). Even if one gets only a fraction of these checked off, that person will have a significant edge going into the next life.

Bookmarked and appreciated

ML: 0 Expeditious retreat clickies
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Great list, well done.

 Might as well grab Ogre Khan's Skull & Horrid Golden Figurine from Restless Isles
    I'd scratch that out though. Completely useless items imho, the one-time skip of an easy fight is not remotely worth the inventory space to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Great list, well done.

I'd scratch that out though. Completely useless items imho, the one-time skip of an easy fight is not remotely worth the inventory space to me.
    You're right.

Must... resist.... urge ... to... hoard......

I suppose I should also throw away this aspect crystal, these smuggler's gems, this extra iron ore, a few of these Khyber dragonshards, that smoldering cudgel...

Sigh.

Default Sticky Please

+1 for best thread in Genreal Discussion in a very long time

Please sticky this Thread (1 Vote)

I don't think I saw this on the list, but maybe I missed it (it was a looooooooong list!)

Check your quest completions for various raids before you TR. If you are close to 20/40/60/whatever, it may be worth it to do an extra three or four to get the "20th" reward list before you TR and all your raid completions are reset.

I forgot about this when I TR'd my sorcerer into a wizard. I had 18 Shroud completions and now I need 20 more to get the cleansing essence I need. D'oh!
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast