Default The Whirling Hurricane Halfling Dark Monk Build

I recently put this build together in hopes of TR'ing my monk into the 36 point version. I have never made a monk build like this. At the moment, he is folowing
    the Rockan Robin Monk Build with Void 4 and Grandmaster of Air. Any advice on this build would be greatly appreciated. So, without further adue,
    The Whirling Huricane, Master of Air and Water.

The Whirling Huricane
    Pure Dark Monk Lvl 20-Halfling

Goal:The Goal of this build is to deal out high teens-mid twenties in SA (Sneak Attack). Dealing high 40's mid 50's on a base non critical, The Tharak Wraps,
    (http://ddowiki.com/page/Thaarak_Wraps), on a non save for the Nightmare, it deals about 30 points, and then the Acid Burst. Total with SA, each fist is dealing
    apporximately 110 Points of Damage. This build is a Master in all of the four Stances, and a Grandmaster in Ocean and Wind. With the Dark Monk prestige,
    shortswords may be an alternative, but wraps are definately more efficent. Void Strike IV is a must, which this build is euiped with. And with the Blood Stone,
    later epic, and the Tinkers gloves, i have +8 Seeker, later +10. Makeing my criticals more often, and harder. And average total hit per hand on a critical should
    be 250-300. In Grandmaster of Air, you will attack as fast as if you were perma-hasted. In Grandmaster of Ocean's, you will attack at normal speed, but your saves,
    AC (Armor Class), and passive Ki regeneration are at their peeks. As for Hp (Hit Points) this build should be able to achieve apporximately 475 self buffed
    with +6 CON and Shroud 45 Hp item (Min II on Cloak:OR Lit II on cloak. Depends on preference) this in in Air, receiving the -2 to CON. In Ocean Stance, you
    should be able to hit 500.

Build Breakdown: (Do NOT attempt a 28 point build, it will not work well)
    Stats~
    32: Strength 14, Dexterity 16, Consitution 14, Intelegence 8, Wisdom 16, Charisma 8.
    34: Strength 14, Dexterity 17, Consitution 14, Intelegence 8, Wisdom 16, Charisma 8.
    36: Strength 14, Dexterity 16, Consitution 16, Intelegence 8, Wisdom 16, Charisma 8.

Key Stats~

Strength--- Wisdom--- Constitution
    14 Base--- 16 Base--- 14 Base
    +2 Tome--- +2 Tome--- +2 Tome
    +7 Item (Frenzied Bezerker Ring Holy Burst)--- +7 Item (Kyoshos Shocking Burst)--- +6 Item
    +1 Litany--- +1 Litany--- +1 Litany
    +2 Yugoloth --- +2 Yugoloth--- +2 Yugo
    +2 Ship--- +2 Ship--- +2 Ship
    +4 Level Ups--- +1 Level Ups
    Total= 32 Self Buffed--- Total=30--- Total=28
    +2/4 Madstone--- +8 Madtone (Double)
    +2 Rage Spell--- +2 Rage Spell
    +6 Titans Grip --- Total Con=38
    Total Strenth=44---

Hit Points:
    Heroic Durabiltiy +20
    Level 20 Monk +160
    Constitution +280
    Draconic Vitality:10
    Green Steel:45
    Greater False Life:30
    Yugoloth Potion Bonnus:+20
    Toughness +42
    Total Hp Buffed:627(Fairly Certain of this number, but this is with full gear. Subtract bonuses for your own player.)

Feats:
    1:Toughness, Stunning Fist
    2odge
    3:Power Attack-Fists of Darkness
    6:Past Life Feat, TWF
    9:ITWF
    12:IC Blunt
    15:Stunning Blow
    18:GTWF

Enhancemetns:
    Grandmaster of Air-9 AP (Action Points)
    Grandmaster of Oceans-9 AP
    Master of Stone-5 AP
    Master of Fire-5 AP
    Minja Spy 2-6 AP
    Touch of Death-12 AP
    Void Strike 4-10 AP
    Clever Monkey 3 (or Animal path of Choice)-6 AP
    Monk Wisdom 2-6 AP
    Racial Toughness-3 AP
    Capstone-2 AP
    Improved Tumble/Jump-4 AP
    3 AP Left to Spend

Gear: Level 20 Non Epic
    Helm-Minos Legens
    Goggles-Tinkers Goggles
    Outfit- Dragon Touched~Resistance +5/Corrosive Salt Guard/Heightened Awareness 4
    Bracers-Jidz Tetka or Armor Bonnus +8 Bracers
    Ring 1-Encrusted Ring
    Ring 2- Kyoshos Ring
    Boots-Madstone Upgraded Boots
    Gloves-Tinkers Gloves, or Spectral Gloves
    Belt-Knosts Belt
    Cloak-Min II or Lit II HP item
    Trinket-The Blood Stone
    Necklace-Alchemest's Pendant, Shintao Cord, or Henshin Necklace

Gear: Level 20-Epic
    Helm-Epic Helm of Frost~Slotted with Greater False Life
    Goggles-Tinkers Goggles
    Outfit-Red Dragon Scale Armor
    Bracers-Epic Scorched Bracers with Toughness slotted or Epic Jidz-Tet'ka
    Ring 1-Encrusted Ring-Holy Burst
    Ring 2-Kyoshos Ring-Shocking Burst
    Boots-Madstone Boots (Upgraded) or Epic Boots of Corosion with Good Luck +2
    Gloves-Epic Charged Gauntlets Slotted with Blindness Immunity
    Belt-Knosts Belt
    Cloak-Min II or Lit II HP Item or Epic Envenomed Cloak slotted with Greater Nimbleness
    Trinket-Epic The Blood Stone
    Necklace-Alchemest's Pendant, Shintao Cord, or Hennshin Neclace

Handwraps-Thaarak Wraps, Epic Wraps of Endless Night (Abbot or other Undead), Alchemical Handwraps-Silver/Air/Air/Air

Overall, a build that should be able to hit a mid 70 AC without trying, exceptional damage mixe with Acid Burst, Shocking Burst, Holy Burst, Flaming Burst, Sneak Attack, Nightmare, Elemental Fists, Void Strike 4, and Touch of Death, damage will be off the charts. This monk should be ableto tank Voltron in eChrono, and do massive damage to any monster he comes across.
    Last edited by GeoBob; 05-16-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Thelanis Server
    Empazio~Srandril~Gimpazio
    Member of Eternal Infinity

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Strength: Divine Power bonus to STR does not stack with items.

Con/HP: Even with double madstone and everything, your con modifier is +14, giving 280 hp at level 20 from con. Not 360. If you're in air stance, subtract another 20.

Pots: People claim that con yugo pots lower attack speed. Haven't tested it myself, though. Wisdom potion lowers reflex save by 4, which may or may not matter.

A pure dark monk is nice, though, especially with void 4. Very good damage output. Personally I'd go helf, for 3d6 SA and human versatility (I think I could only fit in rank 3 of HV along with void 4, but it's still nice IMO). Halfling is good for saves and ac, though - but somewhat less damage.

The one weakness of the dark monk is the lack of inherent DR breaking against devils and demons (EDIT: Sure, you can use Devout, but other than DR breaking they're pretty bad). So you'll need to either grind DA around 3897665 times, or bring an arti, I guess.
    Anyway, on normal difficulty the lack of DR breaking shouldn't be too noticable - you'll still do fine damage.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 12-17-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Ok thanks, so forget the Divine Power Bonus and Throw in the Titans Grip from Mindsunder. Still the same basic Strength, it just won't have the lasting as Divine Power, which you could have infinite items for. As for Hp/Con, i knew i had done some math wrong in there (was never my strong spot in school). 700 hp seemed far fetched, since i was basing it only on 34 point. Thanks for info updating the build
    Thelanis Server

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBob View Post
    Ok thanks, so forget the Divine Power Bonus and Throw in the Titans Grip from Mindsunder. Still the same basic Strength, it just won't have the lasting as Divine Power, which you could have infinite items for. As for Hp/Con, i knew i had done some math wrong in there (was never my strong spot in school). 700 hp seemed far fetched, since i was basing it only on 34 point. Thanks for info updating the build
    Keeping double madstone and titan's grip up is not something I'd count on, but it could make for a good screenie (especially combined with vale rats).

Lol yeah, anything to make a build more appealing
    Thelanis Server

IC : Blunt , drop lightning reflexes

you are counting both the bloodstone for crits and litany for stats even though they take the same slot.

I disagree with being able to hit mid 70s AC without any work. you would have to give up a lot of your damage gear to be able to hit mid 70's. as you have laid out mid 50s might be possible with a full rack of raid buffs, maybe.

as stated above you HP calcs are a tad off

other than that it is a solid build, just overstated a bit.

===============
    edit: add
    ohh and you might consider going something other than shock for teh 2nd ToD ring. With Alch handwraps coming with SB and stun10 on T1 air you can tack in another damage type. Acid comes to mind first but icy would probably have about the same up side.
    Last edited by t0r012; 12-18-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Doh, I missed the missing IC. Well spotted!

Bad Dan, bad. /smack

Doh! I knew i was missing a feat. Thanks, completely forgot about. Wouldn't want it with out it-build updated, feats swapped around
    Thelanis Server

Got yugo pots on current monk a while ago, con pot definitely lowers attack speed by about 5% or so.
    Thelanis Server