Default New CTF maps please

Now before everyone gets all worked up about this. I hate pvp in DDO as much as the next guy. However I do like going into the CTF arenas on occasion to play around with friends and guildies. On this note I would like a to see a CTF arena map pack released into the store so it doesn't always come down to the same old 2 maps. Have some intern modify some maps from various quests add in CTF triggers and bam you have a CTF map pack that turbine can make a profit from. Something with cannith moving platforms would be amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I quite like this idea!!..

And here comes the *don't spend dev time* comments!!
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

/signed for suggestions relating to PvP that can get around the inherent and appropriate lack of individual class balance in PvP situations.

Can we then get a DotA style map pack?

Community Member dragonhighlord1's Avatar

Default more ctf maps would be great.

/signed
    Less is More, and Perfect is good enough

/signed

And (tossing this in) can we adjust the LFM's so that you can advertise and fill an arena party with two teams?

(My post about this got stomped, but I'm not giving up! Never give up!)
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

/signed

I'm not one for PVP, but the CTF stuff is fun.

/signed

Mainly to un-bump a certain other thread, but also because Combat_Wombat is a funny name and he/she puts the point across well.

Community Member

I'll agree to this. I think that this is the good side of PVP and if anything in PVP is deserving of love it's the CTF.

Dont play it but its better than the other pvp stuff and dont see making a few maps taking much time so /signed

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Would be great to have a ctf map based on House C!
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

Community Member

People have been asking to make the blown to bits map a PvP arena since it was released

The schematics room in Schemes of the Enemy would be awesome too.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

I think this is a great idea, with some comments;

- Design the maps so there are multiple things/skills to do as well as fighting. Its competative but not just combat. This could be jumping, avoiding obstacles. This should help give players more roles in the match.
    - Have objectives that require teamwork - ie someone at the lever when the other part of the team charges up the ramp etc. Again this gives players roles and allows a non-pimped character to be useful. Also, perhaps have class specific things, like artificers can get the turrets online and the cleric can sanctify the base or mass heal/aura the NPC defenders etc. I'ld be tempted to only allow the princple class to do these things to make more people have a role.
    - Have a reason to do the PvP. But not too much of a reason! This is going to be hard. Given the inherent imbalances in DDO I dont think there should be a loot/power item reward for PvP. However, some form of epeen/status system could be a good idea. This could be a halo on your character, a special PvP 'Champions Helmet' armour kit which could modifty the look of your equipment etc. In other words, you cant be materially better off from PvP but you can brag about success!

Lastly, on character balance. Yes characters are not equal and there are some build choices which, for PvP, will be better than others. However, this is a good thing as it is only by being able to make a poorly designed character than you can make a good one. Its a bit Zen, but you have to have poor choices to have good ones. The alternative would be the vanilla classes of other games. This could result in some players making specific PvP builds, but again, I think thats a great feature of the game. After all, we can make solo focused, group focused, raid focused builds now.

Discuss?
    -

Having the current slayer zones as CTF maps would suffice in my opinion. There are quite a few to choose from.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Default Reply

/Signed.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra