Default Screenshot of the Week gallery - does not work IE8

The Screenshot of the Week gallery does not appear to work on Internet Explorer 8 (Windows 7 32-bit). Pretty sure I have the latest and greatest Java and Flash installed.

When I follow Cordovan's links to the gallery, and then click on one of the thumbnails, the screen dims as if to be recessed into the background, but nothing loads in the foreground. Also, there is a "Done, but with errors on page" browser error that appears in the status bar. I see this:

I wanted to bring this to your attention in case the problem was related to your web technology. If you have any recommended fixes or workarounds, I would be happy to try them.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Cauthey; 12-12-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Community Manager

When you click the link, the gallery should "open up" on the page to become sort of a slide show of images; could it be perhaps that you have some kind of pop-up or pop-up related thing active that is preventing it from displaying correctly?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Even with the pop-up blocker off, it does not seem to draw.

If I had to presume, the web interface is making some sort of a plugin call. That's why I'm getting the Status bar notice "Error on page" before even attempting to spawn the gallery player.

I'll give Flash Player a tap, as well as Java, and see if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Updated to Java 6, Update 29 and Flash Player 11. No bueno. Morefeoshow is slow loading at first, and then spews the Status Bar error.
    Last edited by Cauthey; 12-12-2011 at 04:47 PM.

It appears to be with errors in the javascript code. For the developers, it appears to be that Shadowbox.lib.setStyle is being passed NaN in a couple cases. Also, swapShadowboxInfo has an ending brace commented out.

As a temporary work around, you can open the developer tools by pressing F12, go to the script tab, and click Start Debugging. Also ensure that the Break on Error button (looks like a pause button with a red x above it) is in a pressed state. After clicking on a screenshot, go back to the developer tools and press the Continue button (looks like a green play button) 3 times. After that, you should be able to close the developer tools and look through the gallery... until you need to open the gallery again.
    Apepp, Horuss, Rner, Iaiz, etc. • Argonnessen