Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

The more the merrier everyone. That goes for the Vent Channel as well as the program.

After all, you can only get out of this what you are willing to put into it, and the chance to make networking connections with other players is enormous. I was once a very new player without anyone who would show me the ropes, and I have also been that player that even though I knew what I was doing, I couldn't get any breaks cause no on end game knew me.

DDO is like life in that way. It is about who you know, and your reputation.
    Officer of Renowned

Abbot puzzle training will take place tomorrow. The goal will be to get as much tile experience/practice in as possible, with people waiting in the que to be practicing the ice puzzle.

people who have never been in the raid will obviously get to try out meteors as well, but the focus will be the other two puzzles.

Refer to the adepts forums for the event time and signup sheet.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I figured I'd give the guys a free bump. Been really enjoying the learning experience from these guys.
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

I registered with the same user name DaSawks. Cannot wait to get started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

well, I for one am going to roll up a new character and pretend to be a noob just so I can make it interesting for you.....
    Leeeeroy Jenkinnnnnnsssssss.... Gonna make a guild called 'got my chicken'
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post
    well, I for one am going to roll up a new character and pretend to be a noob just so I can make it interesting for you.....
    Leeeeroy Jenkinnnnnnsssssss.... Gonna make a guild called 'got my chicken'
    Hey cannon, who said you needed to pretend to be a noob?

Thanks for registering DaSawks, you've been added to the usergroup for forums access. Youll find a post in the general section that has our channel info / vent info, as well as some calendar stuff going on.

FYI for everyone else signed up, please check our general boards - I am running a raid workshop on Friday, December 30th and am currently polling to see which raid is the highest on our priority list to tackle first. check it out and throw in your vote or your feedback if the time doesn't work out for ya.

So I set up Vent and trolled the forums. Just wondering when the next "meeting" is? I will clear my calender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Next raid workshop is scheduled for Monday, January 2nd at 6pm eastern - the raid will be the Vault of Night (VON) series, hosted by Kitten. I will also be around to help out. refer to the IS boards for updates!
    Last edited by protokon; 01-01-2012 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Wrong date ><

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    Next raid workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, January 2nd [...]
    Monday! Monday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    Monday! Monday!!

D'oh! yes, monday...was directly copying/pasting kitten's post from our boards and I didn't catch that little typo.

Also, due to it actually being on monday and not tuesday, I won't be able to make it myself - I have to work that day - but Kitten is leading the group and I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Lord of Blades workshop is taking place on Sunday, the 22nd - two different workshops are being held, one in the morning and one in the evening. check our forums for details.

I'm proud to see the adepts literally plow through all content we've thrown at them so far. You guys are making the raids look too easy for a group of newcomers, we will have to step it up and do some harder content soon I think

Epic velah is probably going to be next on the agenda, I think.

Been considering joining you since I saw this thread first come up, but needed a fire lit under my butt to go ahead and do it. Great thing you're doing here and I look forward to learning this stuff.

I must give props to Protokon about this again, would give some reputation but cannot at the moment.

I have been in a lot of runs, raids, etc over the years. I know how incredibly hard it is to explain what is going to happen and what has to be done to new players. I was never very good at it.

I have had the luck of running my very first Lord of blades with him. I was a bit wary about it since I had never been in it...and he wanted me to tank. Yikes.
    However, his explanations were extremely clear, brief and very informative, and I was able to survive tanking it.

I have been on runs with him where new players were present and again, his patience and direction are quite good. I imagine he must be a teacher of some kind.

He, however, had the unluckly chance of me joining another lord of blades raid, on hard, with me not as the tank. I had never been on that side of the battle before and was a dunderhead. People in the party are like 'what are you doing cannon?'...
    Yikes.

You new players, these guys are very patient, Proto is very informative. Run with him and learn.
    He will not be playing forever, so this may be a limited time, take advantage of it.

And, if you are ever in a run with my toon cannonfodder, and I say 'hold on, I'll be right back' and charge ahead somewhere...NEVER follow me. Ever. Never follow me.
    You will die. And in many cases so will I.

Just saying.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Thank you cannon for the complements I've never had so much fun, a full group of willing learners is a dream come true for me.

We've taken on:
    velah
    suulomades
    horoth
    arraetrikos
    reaver
    lord of blades

These adepts have proven to be tough..time to step things up. keep a lookout on our boards for abbot training followed up with an elite abbot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post
    However, his explanations were [...] brief [...]
    Really?! Are we thinking of the same person here?

Seriously though, if these people can teach a gimpy butterfly-hunter to not be scared of raiding, they can teach anyone. And they make it fun. Thanks for taking me under your wing, First!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    Really?! Are we thinking of the same person here?

Seriously though, if these people can teach a gimpy butterfly-hunter to not be scared of raiding, they can teach anyone. And they make it fun. Thanks for taking me under your wing, First!
    Hey we do finish everything in roughly an hour :P

45 minutes of me talking.

15 minutes of actually doing the raid. d'oh.

So I have a fvs named zydeca who has never ran the 2 new raids...She is a healer spec over 3k spell points baubble the works. Ill register with yall when i get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbeville View Post
    So I have a fvs named zydeca who has never ran the 2 new raids...She is a healer spec over 3k spell points baubble the works. Ill register with yall when i get home from work.
    Hey there.

There is no gear or experience required to join our program - in many cases, we had players join our group still wearing basic equipment they got out of waterworks, at level 17+. A 15-minute makover of +6 items and greater false life ring fixes most toons to be workable in all raids on normal - the only important aspect in most cases is proper communication.

Anyways, all I ask is that you sign up on our forums, post in our introduction thread, and join our groups whenever you want! We have about 50+ members at the moment, and so far don't intend to set a limit.

Stormreach Chronicler
    Founder

Default Hi there

Off and on player since beta, rolled a cleric a few days ago. I used to run VON5/6 and Titan(but no one ever beat it before I stopped raiding). Do you ever do low level raids or basically end-game epics? This system sounds great and I would like to join sooner than later if you do lvl 10-14 raids. Thanks in advance.
    Sink their bones to Davy Jones!

Community Member Beetlebluebird's Avatar

Hey Raenef, check out the list of workshops done so far on the Adepts forum, I think you will be pleasantly suprised. A new VoN5-6 workshop will be posted soon.

~Kitten
    "In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love." ~ Diego Marchi
    Kittensong Bardrogue, Nyankitten Future Druid, Kittensmiter Paladin, Kittenlich Wizard, Kittenfish Monk, Kittenthief Rogue, Katfish Derpbarbarian Thelanis \o/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast