Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Whoops. Missed mentioning that there are non-Artificer [v]s. I'll have to adjust my post.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say that the [v] is some kind of new generation version, perhaps that will work better with MyDDO, or something.
    That may be it.

Can anyone make a new character, brand new level 1 and see if they get it? Op, how old is this character? Those with the (v) how old are yours? I would count TR as a new birth for it. But make note of it as well of those that are.
    I won't be home and online for another... 4+ hours.

It isn't related to crafting as my crafter is a bard and no (v) there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    That may be it.

Can anyone make a new character, brand new level 1 and see if they get it? Op, how old is this character? Those with the (v) how old are yours? I would count TR as a new birth for it. But make note of it as well of those that are.
    I won't be home and online for another... 4+ hours.

It isn't related to crafting as my crafter is a bard and no (v) there.
    my character is newer, but not as new as either of my favored souls or the ranger alt I have listed.

edit: the level 1 favored soul was made last night, to help a friend snag 50 TP from a server we've never played on so I don't think its character age
    Last edited by Boombastic; 12-09-2011 at 04:02 PM.

I've eaten at a lot of restaurants and read a lot of menus, I'm pretty sure the [v] after a name means vegetarian. Just make sure you stick to the brocolli and stay away from the ham, no matter how tasty it is!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I've eaten at a lot of restaurants and read a lot of menus, I'm pretty sure the [v] after a name means vegetarian. Just make sure you stick to the brocolli and stay away from the ham, no matter how tasty it is!
    but I love red meat

Ok, that is funny.

----------------

Ok, very last guess I have. Maybe it is some flag (that we shouldn't be seeing) marking a character...
    *that has won too recently and isn't eligible for this one?
    *as already won.
    *as won't win.

???

That might explain why my Elf bard has such a low Constitution score...

When examining my bard, the V is placed after the race, not the class.

It also does not appear on my page when I have a lottery to select, but it does appear when I look at my character list in My Profile.

Outro
    Lvl 7 Bard
    Khyber
    Is what my lottery entry looks like, but if you examine that character in my Myddo, the V appears. This is also a character that is not updating, but my other update failures to not have the V (Greenskin)
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    When examining my bard, the V is placed after the race, not the class.

It also does not appear on my page when I have a lottery to select, but it does appear when I look at my character list in My Profile.
    *goes looking*

Under "my profile" I have the (v) as well, but only with elves, no other race. Both elves with it are female. I have no male elf to compare against.

One is a transferred in ranger who lost her name during the server merge. (name change happened before transfer.)
    The other is a multi rerolled multiclasser.

Community Member

Ok, that is funny.

----------------

Ok, very last guess I have. Maybe it is some flag (that we shouldn't be seeing) marking a character...
    *as already won.
    *as won't win.

???
    don't think its that, as this Velkys has never won anything. I remade my artificer, first time I made him I pumped like 4 points into charisma, and neglected con and dex a bit, so I remade him before I got too high of level to regret it. So this Velkys is a clean slate as far as lotto wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombastic View Post
    not sure where else to put this, so here goes. While signing up for the lottery these past few days, I noticed my Artificer on my primary server has (v) next to his name, just like that. Nobody on server seems to know what it means, so I humbly submit my question to the forum gurus. Anybody have any idea what that (v) means?
    V is for victory or live long and prosper.

*goes looking*

Under "my profile" I have the (v) as well, but only with elves, no other race. Both elves with it are female. I have no male elf to compare against.

One is a transferred in ranger who lost her name during the server merge. (name change happened before transfer.)
    The other is a multi rerolled multiclasser.
    In the OP's case, the V only appears on the lottery page next to the class. Cinq and Velkys of G-land do not have the V on their character page. One is a WF, and the other is a Drow.

The only thing I can think of is we are seeing a developers tracking code, like we did once before with the testing on MyDDO after the security breach.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Ok, that is funny.

----------------

*as already won.
    *as won't win.

???
    I'll add to this. My new ranger has not entered the lottery, and has the tag on the character list. I'm sure somebody is having a great laugh at this though lol.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

This was brought to our attention earlier today.
    Thanks for your feedback.

I have an old Ranger character (elf) that has the [v] next to her race and it just suddenly appeared.

Community Manager

Not sure what's up with this, but will look into it next week.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I love the mystery in this thread, it feels like being an archeologist.

Could it have something to do with Veteran Status? They both start with 'v', and there was that bug with veteran status and artificers for a while . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Not sure what's up with this, but will look into it next week.
    You may want to just merg the two threads together, Cordovan, that way Droip has all the info in one spot. And the other thread is in the correct location.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    I love the mystery in this thread, it feels like being an archeologist.

Could it have something to do with Veteran Status? They both start with 'v', and there was that bug with veteran status and artificers for a while . . .
    Nope, as the character I mentioned is a gimpy (trust me she used con as a dump stat way back when) 28pt build.

Community Manager

You may want to just merg the two threads together, Cordovan, that way Droip has all the info in one spot. And the other thread is in the correct location.
    Done, and mystery solved!

One of our web dev folks says it looks like there's a bit of stray multi-language-support stuff being erroneously displayed for some characters in the DDO Lottery. Ultimately, nothing to worry about. We'll see about fixing it, of course, but just thought I'd mention that while I agree the [v] is often used to mark vegetarian options on menus, your characters are indeed not made out of textured vegetable protein.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Done, and mystery solved!

One of our web dev folks says it looks like there's a bit of stray multi-language-support stuff being erroneously displayed for some characters in the DDO Lottery. Ultimately, nothing to worry about. We'll see about fixing it, of course, but just thought I'd mention that while I agree the [v] is often used to mark vegetarian options on menus, your characters are indeed not made out of textured vegetable protein.
    one thing that might be looked at is winning characters for the lottery, i have noticed there is no order whatsoever on them. at the bottom of my list i have something from November 26th, 2011 and at the top its December 4th 2011 and all kind of dates in between including newer ones and older ones.

We'll see about fixing it, of course, but just thought I'd mention that while I agree the [v] is often used to mark vegetarian options on menus, your characters are indeed not made out of textured vegetable protein.
    Ah ee ooh, Killer tofu.

Dee Hock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast