Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Lightbulb The Monster Information Project

This project is something I started about 10 weeks ago but I wanted to gather a considerable amount of data first before making it public. It provides information regarding the type, race, alignment, weaknesses, resistances, immunities and DR of monsters for each quest. Right now, being a one-man project, it only covers 230+ quests but I'll keep working on it until I see it finished.

Monster information project - The main page.

Basic monster information - Useful for when you want to craft the right Cannith/Alchemical/GS etc. weapon for the right job.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Mjoll; 05-13-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.
    Quest maps: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Item enchantments project: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Monster information project: on the forums & on DDOWiki

Very nice

Im going to link it on guilds website.

Your diligence with gathering & disseminating info is most commendable.

Great work on the maps & wiki.

Thanks for all you've done for the community.

+1 all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Very nice Mjoll, keep up the good work.

Good work on this! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

If I remember rightly MrCow did work on monster saves with his DDO Catalog. It's not responding for me at the moment but it might be worth getting in touch with him if you wanted to add that sort of thing in.
    Last edited by Yskuma; 12-09-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yskuma View Post
    If I remember rightly MrCow did work on monster saves with his DDO Catalog. It's not responding for me at the moment but it might be worth getting in touch with him if you wanted to add that sort of thing in.
    I think if you added saves, to-hit, base dmg, or AC, then you would have to include data for normal/hard/elite, since those values are obviously variable per difficulty. And as awesome as the current dataset is, can you imagine if all that data was added to the current 'Monster Information' page? You'd have to rename it to 'Ultimate Monster Information'.
    On Thelanis: Survo ... Wattr ... Tigerpalm ... Cranefist ... Hobbson ... Grayed ... Shadowstance ... Smashcut

Very nice write up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian99 View Post
    I think if you added saves, to-hit, base dmg, or AC, then you would have to include data for normal/hard/elite, since those values are obviously variable per difficulty. And as awesome as the current dataset is, can you imagine if all that data was added to the current 'Monster Information' page? You'd have to rename it to 'Ultimate Monster Information'.
    Yup, I suppose you're right. It would be incredibly useful and entirely unmaintainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yskuma View Post
    Yup, I suppose you're right. It would be incredibly useful and entirely unmaintainable.
    Good point, the devs could stealth change that stuff on an update or even a patch or a hotfix. So unmaintainable except for them, they have to maintain that data somewhere. Can you imagine if they relased that dataset each update? I mean, even if it was in some arbitrary, proprietary format that we had to write our own parser for, would anything be cooler? But since that will never happen except when I'm dreaming, the current 'Monster Information' page is the de facto 'Ultimate Monster Information' page.
    On Thelanis: Survo ... Wattr ... Tigerpalm ... Cranefist ... Hobbson ... Grayed ... Shadowstance ... Smashcut

Community Member

True, having saves, to-hit, dmg and AC info would be awesome but also insanely hard to get, even if all the major wiki editors were to work on it; we'll be sweating blood before getting all the data for just one difficulty.
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.

Outstanding work. I wanted something like this real bad
    +1

This is nice work...

However, there is already a Monster DR and Weaknesses page.

It's a lot smaller, sure, but most creature types/subtypes have some sort of entry in there.

Awesome work!
    +1

I love the breakdown by quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Thank you for this - it is amazingly helpful for certain quests!

Community Member

THANKS! very nice.

I guess this confirms my suspicion that i wont be needing my plant bane weapons.

Very, very nice! Thanks for all the hard work.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    This is nice work...

However, there is already a Monster DR and Weaknesses page.

It's a lot smaller, sure, but most creature types/subtypes have some sort of entry in there.
    I've used this as a reference a lot -- that being said, Mjoll's page seems to provide quite a bit more value. Functionally, I'm most interested in understanding monster weaknesses when I'm prepping for a particular quest. That being said, the high level "general weaknesses by type" is useful when trying to get a broad idea of immunities during character planning.

I'd love to see these pages combined, actually. If someone has the old Monster DR and Weaknesses page bookmarked or finds it via google search, they'd probably love to also see this page, and vice versa. Is that possible/easy in the wiki? Merge the content, and have both URLs direct to that page?

One side note for Mjoll or others that are contributing: one area that we're really scarce on is which mobs are immune to negative energy damage. I'd love to see this called out alongside the elemental types in the resistance/immunity column.
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Very cool.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Default Thank you

I will be using this. I love the layout.

It is very nice that you have set it up by quest or by monster type. It is really great that you have also listed all the monsters, not just a broad category, even the ones that do not have anything special.

This is going in my signature!

Community Member

Mj is the best!
    Thorgred, Cavitycreep, Creeploaf, Creepingdoom of Thelanis. Member of C-L-A-W

Community Member

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    I've used this as a reference a lot -- that being said, Mjoll's page seems to provide quite a bit more value. Functionally, I'm most interested in understanding monster weaknesses when I'm prepping for a particular quest. That being said, the high level "general weaknesses by type" is useful when trying to get a broad idea of immunities during character planning.

I'd love to see these pages combined, actually. If someone has the old Monster DR and Weaknesses page bookmarked or finds it via google search, they'd probably love to also see this page, and vice versa. Is that possible/easy in the wiki? Merge the content, and have both URLs direct to that page?

One side note for Mjoll or others that are contributing: one area that we're really scarce on is which mobs are immune to negative energy damage. I'd love to see this called out alongside the elemental types in the resistance/immunity column.
    Well the old 'Monster DR and weaknesses' page is lacking and contains wrong information and needs to be reviewed. The content can't be merged but I can take the relevant info from the Monster Info Project and update the 'Monster DR and weaknesses' page with it. Obviously the list will be bigger, monsters that have no resistances/immunities/DR won't make the list and there will be quite a few footnotes.
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast