1) Epic lvl 21 to 25. These "lvls" are for both the character & the quest difficulty.
Just as current mechanics N/ H/ Leet are used, each lvl increases that setting and adds some kind of factor for the content being run. (ie, construct, outsider etc...) This makes that particular environment situational. (your toon is capped, you can grind for needed weapons & items no problem)
2) Advancing thru epic lvls.; A token or favor needs to be in place to make this happen. As each epic quest is completed, you attain a token or points to advance up.
3) Decay of said tokens or favor.; This is actually a biggie. You're at end-game, you want to run that tweaked toon in the "new" system, if the status of that toon becomes idle, you start to lose that token or favor. (Keeps things fresh & active)
4) Running content above your epic lvl. I suggest no. It is in essence a short cut or free ride. And that's not the idea here. We're talking about making you earn higher lvls, not giving them to you.
5) TR's in the "new" system.; For every life attained, you gain a point or token or a deduction in the lvling up requirements. Completionists deserve even a bigger bonus if not a free ride thru several epic lvls.
6) I also suggest a system of house favor being brought in to play. ie, Melees are "anchored" to House D by nature of the class. Specializing in the warfare end of things, attaining max house favor bestows additional benefits in that houses Epic content. (yuppers casters would not get that in ETides, and same applies in other houses)
7) Red Names.; I dont think raising all stats & saves is the right answer. as I stated earlier, I think they should become more situational. And have more minor bosses to keep you away from the head honcho.
That's the base of my proposal. I have a few other thoughts, but need some time before I figure out how they tie into things.
What do you all think?