Thread: New PRE

Default New PRE

I have been playing my casting classes almost exclusively lately. The are so easy to jump on and go run something. I can't really do that with my pure melee characters. I have two barbarians in my stable of characters and have thought of a new PRE to make them useful and decided to share with you guys.

Barbarian PRE
    Scroll Caddy

Barbarian Scroll Caddy I
    Passive benefit: You have the effect of auto loot when you pass things lying on the dungeon floor. Gain and additional 5% chance to auto kill enemies that would die the next round from dot damage.
    AP cost: 4 Lvl 6
    Requires feat Stealthy (so you can hide while casters do the work) feat Skill focus spot (so you can see the fat lootz on the ground)

Barbarian Scroll Caddy II
    Passive Benefit: +1 inventory slot to assist in being a bank character.
    AP cost 2 Lvl 12
    Requires Barbarian Item Defense II (Wizzies don't like their scrolls broken)

Barbarian Scroll Caddy III
    Passive Benefit: +1 inventory slot (bringing the total to +2) and +1 character bank slot
    Active Benefit: Activate the Rage feat near a mailbox and all mailed items are automatically placed into inventory.
    AP cost 2 Lvl 18
    Requires Barbarian Item Defense III Barbarian Constitution III (you can't carry stuff if you are dead)

This will make my Barbarians, Dreadler and Emmersome, useful and productive as the most awesome bank characters in the history of DDO.
    Last edited by stainer; 12-06-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Stainer - Thank you for making me clean coffee off my monitors once again...

I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Active Benefit: Activate the Rage feat near a mailbox and all mailed items are automatically placed into inventory.
    If it came with a "delete all" button as well (maybe frenzy?) I would totally build one.
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

/signed.

Make it so.

Community Member

AAAAARGH! Barbarian SMASH mailbox!!! ARGH!

Love it.

That would so be worth taking, not even in the sarcastic way you probably mean it. Turbine would never go for it though, that's were they seem to be trying to make money.

But getting on two years of playing and my bank spots are really getting close. 3 mules just isn't cutting it anymore (1 of those mules was a main, btw, and has full bank slots and bags, and I'm considereing leveling another toon just for more bank space... reached my limit on shared bank space purchases and can't bring myself to buy individual ones).

Also, Turbine, you make the individual character banks and extra carrying slots universal for all an accounts characters, I'll spend another $20 on this game.

Or make this suggestion your next PRE update.

Sorry to switch the awesome tone of this thread to the more serious aspect of what it implies.

I have been playing my casting classes almost exclusively lately. The are so easy to jump on and go run something. I can't really do that with my pure melee characters. I have two barbarians in my stable of characters and have thought of a new PRE to make them useful and decided to share with you guys.

Barbarian PRE
    Scroll Caddy

Barbarian Scroll Caddy I
    Passive benefit: You have the effect of auto loot when you pass things lying on the dungeon floor. Gain and additional 5% chance to auto kill enemies that would die the next round from dot damage.
    AP cost: 4 Lvl 6
    Requires feat Stealthy (so you can hide while casters do the work) feat Skill focus spot (so you can see the fat lootz on the ground)

Barbarian Scroll Caddy II
    Passive Benefit: +1 inventory slot to assist in being a bank character.
    AP cost 2 Lvl 12
    Requires Barbarian Item Defense II (Wizzies don't like their scrolls broken)

Barbarian Scroll Caddy III
    Passive Benefit: +1 inventory slot (bringing the total to +2) and +1 character bank slot
    AP cost 2 Lvl 18
    Requires Barbarian Item Defense III Barbarian Constitution III (you can't carry stuff if you are dead)

This will make my Barbarians, Dreadler and Emmersome, useful and productive as the most awesome bank characters in the history of DDO.
    Now that the artificer has a creature the smash the boxes and pull switches, I think the only thing you messed was prepping the dummy on the boat for the casters.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Barbs just need to LR to attain 20 Wisdom. They then have a role in VON5 as switch hitters.

If they could also carry the wands that tend to clutter up my inventory (I just don't use them all that much) I'll take two.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Barbs just need to LR to attain 20 Wisdom. They then have a role in VON5 as switch hitters.
    What does sexuality have to do with that quest?

What does sexuality have to do with that quest?
    Hey barb, that's my switch you are hitting on.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    I think I'd rather get a pony than any of those raid weapons.

Community Member

/SIGN

Also, make it a racial PrE for Horcs too, that way I can take it with my fighter and monk as well.