Just a list of things I’d love to see made in the game, particularly epics
(a) Remove or raise the HP limit on vorpals/smiters/banishers
- I get the rationale about limiting those with no opportunity cost - but honestly, there is an opportunity cost - you’re generally making different weapon choices, you’re in their face getting hit back, etc.
(b) Make AC useful in epics
- Take any of the suggestions about making AC useful and apply them - like the 2d20 reduction from each epic mob, etc.
- credit grodon9999 and many others - someone toss me a link?
(c) Add some random components to epic mobs when they spawn
- Equipment using types should have the possibility of spawning with any of the following assumed to be part of their worn gear: Deathblock, FOM, elemental resist/absorption, SR 30, blurry, fortification … low chance for each, possibility of a super stacked having many/most - consider these item-based and non-dispellable
- Consider giving a new effect, +X to saves vs. spells ... possibly random in the above set, or possibly a set minimal amount (1 or 2) so that CC tactics are less impacted.
- Named mobs have a chance to spawn with more fun effects - earthgrab guard, melodic guard, nightmare guard, air guard … low chance to spawn one of these … consider these item-based and non-dispellable
- If possible, cycle a different AI set for epic casters, allowing some to act similar to IQ divines (spamming deathward, FoM, Holy Aura, etc.)
- Ensure cast-buffs should be dispellable for a focused dispeller or a lucky person ... remember that CR and Hit Die/level are not the same thing, nor were meant to be.
(d) Make more mobs stun, trip, sunder
- Not just dogs and hobgoblins in Tear of Dhakaan - make more mobs hit us with DEX or STR checks. That interrupts casting, lowers our fort, etc.
- (courtesy Vellrad)
(e) Hate-amp instakills
- When "hate" was added to instakills I remember the dev comment being something like "because trying to kill you is a hate-able offense" ... when asked the hate generated was equal to the amount of damage the spell does instead ... about d6/level before amping - I think instakills need to carry more hate than a boosted fireball. Not a guaranteed, and certainly shouldn't apply for mobs that are immune (bosses) so instakills can't be used as a cheap way to turtle, but for mobs who could be affected and make their save - more hate on the caster.
(f) Add coup-de-grace as an active feat
- Once mobs are helpless, introduce a coup de grace action to allow for faster melee killing.
- Courtesy grodon9999 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=353379
(g) Enhance combat tactics
- I mentioned this in the mob saves above - maybe increase their saves against magic, but we could also go the route of increasing their base saves and then boosting melee tactics
- Introduce more +15 items in the game
- Remove the slow animations
- Allow all TWF to proc multiple tactic options (like unarmed)
- Provide a chance for THF to proc multiples as well
- courtesy of many others
... and I wouldn't be opposed to not making any changes to EXISTING content, and instead shaping these into future content.