Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intro Thyself

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    Maybe, however it struck me as odd coming back after only a few months with how few people are on. My goal is to find out who is still active and what they're up to. Perhaps break down the newb/vet barriers a bit since there aren't exactly a lot of vets left, and the new players aren't getting intro'd very quickly.

There are a lot of vets left. They just don’t play with soulless
    cause you kids play your rap music too loud and it messes
    with our hearing aids.

Now get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by twigzz View Post
    And 1 more Soulless elitest prick online? Sweet!
    That's not very nice.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

I am Quis, and I am a gimp monk.
    /popcorn
    Monk / ~Thoroughbred~ (36 pt HO Epic Ready -Tank/DPS)-
    * Continuing Epic Guide - Mobius for Acolytes*

My main is Surare, though I go by Vera on ventrilo.

I switched to DDO from Guild Wars at the same time (I think when DDO went free to play) as a bunch of people on our ventrilo server. We had a guild called Duct Tape and Leash back when there were still leveling sigils. I didn't really get absorbed into DDO at first, and took 8+ months off after leveling only one character to 18. Eventually, everyone in DTnL migrated to Eternal Wrath, and so did I when I returned. Whatever EW was before I joined has changed greatly since.

I tend to balance form and function, often preferring aesthetics to extreme power gaming. In essence, I am also fond of rolling gimpy elven builds and making them fully functional in DDO's most difficult content. All my characters, with my cleric excepted, have one or two levels of rogue for the versatility of disabling traps and full UMD.

I join pug "pop tart" epics as Uncle Mah likes to call them, but for raids and the tougher epics, generally I prefer to set up and lead my own groups. Aside from Abbots and Titans, this means most of my in game interactions are restricted to a bubble consisting of a handful of guilds and friends I run with frequently. However, I've had some consistently positive experiences with a static group of Chinese players, and don't particularly care for groups that say "Speak English". Sarlona is a small server, but there are still many strong guilds and players in similar cloisters that I'm unlikely to cross paths with, so +1 for the thread.
    Last edited by Bakarne; 12-05-2011 at 03:59 PM.
    Collecting Holy Aura Scrolls - Please mail to Surare, or the cursed Illithids will eat my brains.

I am Gandalf and Gandalf means me....

Oh wait,wrong game.

I work for a small company in IT and do everything from answering stupid questions to fixing stupid mistakes. I'm old enough to know better but still too young to care. I am the leader of the trashcan guild and the one player in the guild most likely to run a PUG (wife and friend hates them, yes they do.) When I'm not at work I play too much DDO, spend too much time on the PC, and annoy the hell out of my wife in no particular order. My characters are Zebidiahh (17/1 cleric/fighter,) Anotherpers(16 FVS,) Whince (11 cleric,) needmead (3 FVS,) and NeedOil (5/1 wizard/fighter.)

I've been playing over 2 years and still haven't run a shroud or capped a toon (I loathe the altitis...what should my next alt be?) How fast I run a quest depends on if I'm running with the guild and how fast the group is going.
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Community Member

Hey there, my name's Bob and I have way too many toons spread across 3 accounts. I came to Sarlona as it was my last server I hit while farming my first 50 favor on each server and I just stayed here by default. Been playing since whenever my account on the forums says I joined.

Just to avoid confusion I'll list my kids toons (which may or may not be me - if you send a tell and don't get a response it's my kids playing or I just don't like you ) separate from mine.

My active toons:
    Rokkum (20 warforged pure warchanter), Toolbots (18/2rog elven pale master), Tajaburn (16 earth sorc), Tajawuka (12fig/3mnk), Ayrn (8brd/2fig/2rog). Right now the first 2 are all I generally play but I log the others on to group with friends, etc.

My kids' active toons (I let them name the toons...don't judge ):
    Killrdude (20 human artificer), Qaro (20 human air sorc), Pretzels (13rog/6fig/1brb helf acroII kensei with crazy wands/scroll and arti dilly)

I play whenever I can while avoiding waggro (both wife aggro and work aggro) and maintaining some balance to my life. That usually means I'm on too late every night after the wife goes to bed until I run out of gas or get yelled at, then take a break until my brain works again/aggro resets. Also, while I have a lot of toons I work on I tend to get obsessively into one of them and focus on that toon 90% of the time - right now that's Killrdude with Toolbots a close second.

Play style I love to get into a good zerg party. I don't mind slowing down but running through the dungeon full speed is more my style. I don't have a mic (wife would kill me with the only upside being there would be witnesses over the mic) but I wear a headset so I can hear the group without getting wife aggro.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

while(true){
    hate($Distributed);
    }

Story of my life.
    No break;
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

My name is Deij. I like nerd raging at people who have fewer than 350 hitpoints and less than 100% Fortification. I am in Soulless. This means I am a an elitest jerk. Sometimes I let sub par players in my groups so I can wager on how many times they will die before the quest/raid is over. I switched to DDO from SWG 2 years ago. I have also played AO.
    Deijah / Deijara / Deijanna / Deijora / Deijaugh
    Ornery and Loving it.

I go by Wind mostly, but prefer Aeol. I like making peoples brains go '?!' when typing 3 vowels together.

On my 3rd life on my main of the same name. I have a backup cleric named Anlona that started as a bard and a former 'main' named Melisandria that collects dust. I have a couple other characters that get tinkered with, a wizard and a ranger, & 9 bank mules (yes, 9). I prefer being a cleric over just about anything as it reprises a role I enjoyed a great deal from EQ. I consider myself competent at worst and solid at best, but I do have a potion addiction that the ddo store helps me feed to stave off boredom.

I play in a small semi-static group comprised of a long time friend from EQ and a RL Friend that I met almost 17 years ago. We join some raids occasionally for shroud or reaver and I'll pickup hox or vod sometimes for a change, but otherwise we stick to ourselves. Mainly due to the fact we hate people in general, and secondly we sometimes have builds that are less than optimum by most standards. We don't do epic, but we try to run pretty much everything on elite on our TR's except raids.

So, if you ever need/want a WHOLE lot of trash talk & profanity & probably some hot death/what happened/oh **** I blew the box, look us up in Storm's Fury. Just the 3 of us these days.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

Hai. I am Klemm. I am on hiatus for the time being. I am the definition of gangsta. I trample newbs, trample flowers and sneakhump my guild. I date Thrann.
    Klemm-Clemm-Kuff-Kuffix.
    Soulless or Die.

My name is Brandon and I am an alcoholic.

I'm Galcian, or as some of the great people in Caffeine know me-- "the knost's belt guy." XD Don't ask :P It's a point in my DDO history I wish I could erase >.<

Anyway, I currently only have one toon, a barbarian, but I'm on most days for a while and spend my time running various epics and raids. I really enjoy LOB and ToD, and I'm game for just about any epic, but am especially fond of pop-tarts I've been playing for a couple months, and got into the game because a friend from a game we used to play together recommended it to me.

I am sometimes very vocal on the mic, which is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you ask. Some people think I'm quite entertaining, others I am sure find me annoying because of it, to which I say I'm sorry. I like to talk, what can I say I try to be helpful as much as I can and consider myself a fairly competent player.
    Last edited by djl; 12-06-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Hi

I'm Munkenmo, I'm 26, male.

I enjoy candlelit dinners, long walks on the beach, chocolate scented candles and giving massages.

When I'm not trace routing potential new partners on the internet I'm busy spending my time pugging in ddo scouting new targets. I'm a member of soulless, but most of my toons have a surname relating to wood (woodfist, woodboot etc.) because I'm the definition of a barrel smasher and a flower sniffer.

My ideal quest is much like my ideal night. I like to spend time exploring her, making sure I go over everything, absorbing every last beautiful detail, sometimes even stopping at a pair of shrines to properly prepare and get ready before delving deep into the dungeon.

I once was a proud zerger, but recently I've learned that slowing down (when necessary), paying attention to detail and mostly enjoying the quest making sure that everyone in the party is satisfied before everything comes together at the end, is really the only way to play.

Good tidings and peace to you all.

Mo.
    So yeah. Puttin this much thought into a forum post is a huge win in my book. Well done sir.
    - Sarlona: Sethus, Mirgat, Barranor, Vontran, Nefferrous, Keertan, Crixxuss
    Member of Endgame

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    ...I once was a proud zerger, but recently I've learned that slowing down...

no liek.

Quote Originally Posted by flech View Post
    no liek.
    he has obv been hacked
    leader of Stijene
    Sarlona - Brko - Kalopsia - Gataka - Gms

Quote Originally Posted by Knost's Belt Guy View Post

Don't ask :P It's a point in my DDO history I wish I could erase >.<
    I'm asking. Someone fill me in, and give me the gory details. Plzkthxbaihellogain
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Emag View Post
    Hai. I am Klemm. I am on hiatus for the time being. I am the definition of gangsta. I trample newbs, trample flowers and sneakhump my guild. I date Thrann.
    Get back in here nao.
    Endgame

Community Member

Hello, I am Pie.

I've been around for a really long time, so you all probably had me before.

I have many alts throughout the server.

One of my mains is Beef Pie in Honor of a certain aussie.
    A few other alts are Apple and Cherry.
    I have a few mules also if you ever see Pumpkin or Pecan laying around but they mostly seasonal mule alts.

I don't really like to zerg because whenever I do I get a tummy ache. You know slow to savor my taste.

I'm currently non guilded but was thinking of making a House of Pie guild.

Greetings, my name is Morfane.

I like roleplaying and pushing the pace, preferably at the same time. I most often play arcanes/divines, and despise the vast majority of melees.

I'm a big proponent of self sufficiency. If you can take care of something yourself ,then do it, and leave me the hell alone.

IRL, 19 year old male working on my chemistry degree.
    Last edited by elricken; 12-07-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Morfane - Cealest - Naphor - Sofu - Nairs - Morphaine
    Nerdrage

Quote Originally Posted by elricken View Post
    IRL, 19 year old male working on my chemistry degree.
    I don't think working at a Meth lab counts toward a degree.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast