Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Yark!

Kobolds come first.
    Absolutely!

The thing that irks me about the lack of playable kobolds is that I walk around the Harbor and the Marketplace and I look around. I see humans, elves, dwarves, warforged, a few halflings, and... kobolds and bugbears?!

They're everywhere. Perfectly integrated with society, standing around training adventurers, selling items, trading collectables, even running the auction house.

Why can an adventurer, who is supposed to be an extraordinary and unusual person, not be of a race that's apparently commonly accepted into society around Stormreach?

If they hadn't done this, I wouldn't have any problem with them not including playable kobolds.

thri kreen as a totally new heretofore never before seen race would be cool, otherwise gnomes, kobolds and possibly bugbears

Quote Originally Posted by rtgr10 View Post
    Guys....

I am proposing new races for DDO and would like opinions and suggestions of you.
    These two races are in the world of Eberron and could have some kind of variation. I tried to adapt to the DDO.

While this would probably anyway fall under suggestions, you know that there is an official thread jsut about this topic here: Tell The Team: Races ?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    While this would probably anyway fall under suggestions, you know that there is an official thread jsut about this topic here: Tell The Team: Races ?
    that thread is from 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post
    It's a grenade, so just throw it at your feet. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a meteor swarm!

Quote Originally Posted by incineration View Post
    that thread is from 09
    It's also official, on the front page, and has been posted in constantly up to this month.

Don't start in with the thread necromancy mess unless the thread is being bumped from years ago with no added content, and isn't saving the forum from the same exact thread with the same exact responses being posted over, and over, and over.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Why are you listing class skills for a race? Class skills are for a class. Lets stick to the core races and the core Eberron races. We can wait on the 4E races when DDO switches to 4E*.

Vordax

* not gonna happen.
    Sorry, but Halfelf Delitente derives from 4E. Plus there are some item descriptions where it says X per level, max at level 30. So 4E is already having some minor influences.

That being said, I think Id prefer all of the standard and Eberron-standard races. And Kobold. LOL

(If I could pick any within-reason non-standard race Id choose Githzerai. Make em 28pt like Drow to keep it balanced though. Although ofc it'll never happen)

Also, if/when they make Gnomes, Id much prefer them to get an Int bonus as per 2nd Ed rather than a Con bonus like in 3/3.5. I was super-irritated that they changed that. They shouldnt have changed it. +2 Int/-2 Wis please. Giving them a Con bonus made them a Second Dwarf option (although my first Eberron PnP character was a Lawful Neutral Gnome Artificer mad scientist) and we already have two races with Con bonuses.

EDIT-Halfogres, anyone?
    Last edited by TitanOrion; 03-03-2012 at 02:33 PM.

How about some demons, or stuff like that. Not only would it be incredibly cool esthetically, but could open up new ideas for new quests n stuff

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Why are you listing class skills for a race? Class skills are for a class. Lets stick to the core races and the core Eberron races. We can wait on the 4E races when DDO switches to 4E*.

Vordax

* not gonna happen.
    DDO switching to 4E, ahem... DDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!1111!! !!!!!!!!!!

If we're going for Eberron races, I would ultimately have to go with the Kalashtar. Oh yeah, that would mean we could get psions, wilders, soulknives, and psychic warriors. If we never got the psionic classes, Kalashtar would still be the premier race for clerics and favored souls, although Kalashtar without psionics is like peanut butter without the jelly.

If we had the psionic classes I would definitely pay money so I could use the class.

*hint hint, Turbine, hint hint*

And while we're on the subject, why not throw in Changelings, Shifters, and Illithid while you're at it?

I want shifters.

I DO NOT want gnomes. They are so annoying:
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12