Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Default The Titan Awakes, Elite BB run, any takers?

Edit: Cancelled due to leveling to 14, try again next life.

So, it's that time again, I've flagged my acrobat/archer character and thought it might be fun to do this raid again. Would love to see some familiar and new faces for this quest, patience is needed of course, last run of this was very successful and a lot of fun.

Quest time will be tomorrow, american evening when I wake up in Australian morning, try to give it a good go at filling but see how we go.

Level range: 11 to 13.
    1. Adelaise (7 rogue/6 monk

Hope to see some people there!

Old post from previous run:
    So I'm level 11 and am flagged from my previous life on my monk splashed rogue build.

Would anyone be up for running the preraid and raid sometime in the next week or so? I've not done it before but I've read up on it a few times and I'll read up on it again. I'm fairly certain that Guildy #1 will be happy to lead this.

Level range: 11 to 13.
    1. Newtou-1 (2 monk, 9 rogue)
    2. Guildy #1 (11 bard)
    3. Guildy #2 (11 monk)
    4. Shino (wiz)
    5. Nebberly (sorc)
    6. Liquorewhip/Norwald
    7. Heyykoolaid or a wizard

I'll check with my guildies in CE to make sure they'll join but I assume that they'll be up for it.

Might plan this for Wednesday. See how we go filling spots anyway.
    Last edited by wax_on_wax_off; 07-08-2012 at 09:10 AM.

I'm interested- I TR'd Nebberly (sorc) and I'm almost at that level range. Will check if guildies are interested.

Should be a huge blob of xp. What's the max level for bravery? 13?
    Don't be a figjam.

If I can get Shino (wiz) flagged this week then I'll come along, and lead it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scortius View Post
    Should be a huge blob of xp. What's the max level for bravery? 13?
    Yes, and yes.
    But be warned Ebbs, elite is no joke. You wait for the entire group before going in, and you kill EVERYTHING as you go. Red alert as you enter Purple needs to be as short as possible, but there are more mobs on elite, so it actually lasts longer.
    Think of it like DQ1. You're used to running it on casual/normal for a quick completion, just to get to DQ2. If/when you run DQ1 on elite, for the favor, the difference in the quest comes as a big shock, and people die from it.
    Titan is no different.
    People are used to running the opener on normal just to get it done. The Bravery run will kill people the are familiar with the quest easier than newcomers, because the people that know it are used to running normal. The newcomers are more careful because they don't know what to expect. The people that are comfortable with it are complacent, and they're the ones that get killed.
    Last edited by Calebro; 12-02-2011 at 01:11 PM.

We did this on elite at level last life (4 man) for the bravery bonus. I think it ended up at 45k or something. Of course, we had no monk which pretty much killed any XP/Min as none of us are all that good at the tile jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    If I can get Shino (wiz) flagged this week then I'll come along, and lead it if needed.
    Yes, and yes.
    But be warned Ebbs, elite is no joke.
    Yay for Shino!

Yeah, I'd figured that about elite. Hard might be a viable option.
    Don't be a figjam.

If you want to maximize the bravery bonus, you can't take anyone higher than level 13 because the first part of the raid, The Twilight Forge is level 11 and the Titan fight, The Titan Awakes is level 12. The massive xp is in the first part, the xp for killing the Titan is much lower. I have two characters in that level range, but I'm not sure they are flagged, I'll have to verify this.
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

Im excited to get a response. Almost halfway to filling already.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    We did this on elite at level last life (4 man) for the bravery bonus. I think it ended up at 45k or something. Of course, we had no monk which pretty much killed any XP/Min as none of us are all that good at the tile jump.
    Yes. And it was painful, but well worth the effort.

I would be willing to bring along a Wizard, if you have the room. Depending on when you run it, my pally may make it into level range as well.

Palladin: Licoricewhip
    Wizard: Norwald
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Default I'd be a first timer

I should be able to get Heyykoolaid (tempest d-axe ranger with a rogue splash) flagged.
    Any thoughts on what time?

Alternatively I've got a WF archmage I could try to get flagged and into the level range if the party should be arcane heavy.

5 spots left, 3 of which preferably filled by healers I'm thinking.

I'm playing from Australia so timing is tricky but Wednesday morning (which is tuesday night in America) or anytime later can work for me. The catch will be figuring out a time that the guildies can come.

Community Member

Default And flagged

Those flagging quests are long and obnoxious. I saw a few people I recognized from the signup list with an LFM up for them while I was busy running HIPS. Wish I would've run HIPS sooner.

I'll join Xthmegamanx the artificer
    Robi's Free to Play Guide
    Khyber... DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
    I play as: Nagasnake, Olmanjenkins, Tyrogan, Chicobo, Torriin, Kensaito, Koruna, and Goldenac.

Quote Originally Posted by spathic View Post
    Those flagging quests are long and obnoxious. I saw a few people I recognized from the signup list with an LFM up for them while I was busy running HIPS. Wish I would've run HIPS sooner.
    I still haven't run HiPS, but I got flagged.
    And I'd be willing to give another shot at a Ring and a Mask if you want to get them done.

Do we have a time for this yet?
    Don't be a figjam.

Community Member

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    I still haven't run HiPS, but I got flagged.
    And I'd be willing to give another shot at a Ring and a Mask if you want to get them done.
    I see where I wasn't clear. I did get flagged. Just was pretty annoying.

Depending on when you're on though, I may be able to run. Looking to hit level 12 to run the raid, maybe 20k to go

Im thinking 24-26 hours from now or the day after.

Looking forward to the run

I will be bringing Licoricwhip, my pally. He's a much stronger toon as Norwald is a first lifer without much for gear. Just starting the flagging quests tonight, and should be flagged by the am. Hopefully, I'll have him at level 12 by start time so he can use his GS weapons. We'll see how that goes.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Looking forward to the run

I will be bringing Licoricwhip, my pally. He's a much stronger toon as Norwald is a first lifer without much for gear. Just starting the flagging quests tonight, and should be flagged by the am. Hopefully, I'll have him at level 12 by start time so he can use his GS weapons. We'll see how that goes.
    I'm desperately trying to whip the guildies into getting flagged. Not sure how we'd feel about delaying an additional 24 hours?

Not a problem here. Ready and willing when you are. I've got 4 different Tr's going atm, so getting Licoricewhip flagged and holding him there for a bit isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I'm desperately trying to whip the guildies into getting flagged. Not sure how we'd feel about delaying an additional 24 hours?
    Doesn't matter to me, either tomorrow or the following day.
    Anything beyond that and I'll be on a different schedule, meaning that time frame will be either too early or too late for me, depending on the day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast