Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Merlocke View Post
    My Rog is somewhat similar to this, though I pretty much have shelfed Rad II with the Avithoul ring.

mainhand: drow khopesh
    off hand: a stunning +10 lightning Khop

Also rock a Spare hand and use Stunning Blow + sense weakness to tear up mobs.

I ditched PA for Precision and picked up stunning blow. Stayed Fury of the Wild & twisted in DC for stuns and grim precision, (and fort).
    Seems like a decent alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlocke View Post
    If using precision.... Horc isnt really giving me much as it once did (PA enhancements). About ready to go halfling (SA, dex goes towards ISA anyways) or human (feat, boosts)

Why stay Horc?
    I'm waiting for the 'Enhancement Pass'. If you're Horc. You can also be Ravager. So I'm hoping Ravager will have some nice damage. Its all subject to change of course.

Updated the gear list for the build.

If any piece of gear has changed(buffed/nerfed) let me know. As I have quit ddo.

I will still be updating the guide with the arrival of major updates.

I just wanted to go over how bad the new Celestia skin is:

From it's old skin. It's half its size. Makes it pretty sketchy when attacking mobs.

The skin is literally a 'flame' that moves with ugly rainbow colors....

I don't think I'll ever use it again. So ugly looking.

How hard is it to actually make the skin look like a blade of light instead of a flame with rainbow colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post

From it's old skin. It's half its size. Makes it pretty sketchy when attacking mobs.

How hard is it to actually make the skin look like a blade of light instead of a flame with rainbow colors?
    That would look awesome down the side of a badmofo black hot rod.

Not so good in your hand trying to poke people.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

The Hatchery

Fabulous

Disappointed to check on a thread titled max dps rogues and not find the mechanic standing hand and shoulders above the rest...

Turbine trolled me......

They changed the skin back to original now:

Updated the gear list for the build.

If any piece of gear has changed(buffed/nerfed) let me know. As I have quit ddo.

I will still be updating the guide with the arrival of major updates.

I thought you quit.....
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    I thought you quit.....
    I did. I haven't ran a single quest/raid in over 3 months. I do however, log on and try to get friends to quit DDO for Tera.

lol, nice.

Hit this up and saw it was updated. Also I hadn't seen the changed cel's. Looks like ya murdered a couple of unicorns and tore their horns out...while eating shrooms.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Checked out all the Racial Enhancements on Lamannia(which means everything is subject to change). Unfortunately the Rogue enhancements and racial Prestiges aren't out for preview yet. My opinions down below on what the new Racial Enhancements only give to the 'Max Dps' build.

Horc:
    • INNATE PASSIVE:+2 Str AND Orc fury:+2 to +8 Str when below 50% to 10% health
    • +3 Will saves
    • +3 action boosts
    • +3 damage to Power Attack
    • +4 to-hit and +6 damage when using THF(almost not worth mentioning. Some people use Mauls to beat undead with)
    • Orcish Rage:+2 Primal bonus to Str (30 sec cooldown, prevents spellcasting, duration unknown)

Halfling:
    • INNATE PASSIVE:+2 Dex AND +3 to all saving throws
    • Fear and Shaken effects are removed after 12 seconds
    • +3 balance, jump and tumble
    • +3% dodge while wearing Light armor
    • +3 to hit while sneak attacking
    • +3 Sneak Attack Die(+3d6 SA dmg)

Human:
    • INNATE PASSIVE:+1 Str, +1 Con AND Human Versatility: Damage boost (20% more weapon damage)
    • +30% Heal Amp
    • +3 Str, Con, Dex, and Wis(action boost bonus stat gain) when under the effects of any action boost
    • +3 to all skills
    • Choice at certain +3 skill bonuses(Example: +3 jump, balance and tumble) Can choose 2 different ones
    • +3 to-hit when TWF
    • Range of unconsciousness extends by 20 hit points, 10 PRR when under 50% health

Warforged:
    • INNATE PASSIVE:+2 Con AND base fort is 100%
    • +20 HP
    • +6 to balance
    • +3 Power Attack damage
    • +0.5W weapon damage with all weapons you're using
    Last edited by Rogann; 04-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Drow/elfs have minor bonuses to various weapons.
    If the type of weapon includes Rapier, they will enhance one of the best one-handed weapons in game, Balizarde.

How much flat bonus damage will they get? This might be on-par with the PA bonus of Horc and WF.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    If the type of weapon includes Rapier, they will enhance one of the best one-handed weapons in game, Balizarde.

How much flat bonus damage will they get? This might be on-par with the PA bonus of Horc and WF.
    I was a little tired from work so I was to lazy to look over everything. I'll make a new dps list on all races as to how much dps the racial tree gives.

Dwarf honestly could.be good with bonuses now that can include picks and hammers plus tactics.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Below I'll be listing the best to worst race for a 'max dps' rogue. I'm only taking a look at the Racial Enhancement tree. Nothing else. Keep in mind every race will also be getting a Racial Prestige. Everything below is subject to change.

#1: Half-Elf (If you choose fighter or ranger dilettante )
    • +3 weapon damage(fighter dilettante) or +10% off-hand procs(ranger dilettante)
    • +2 Str
    • +3 Str when using any action boosts
    • Human versatility damage boost (20%)

#2: Human
    • +1 Str
    • +3 Str when using any action boosts
    • Human versatility damage boost (20%)
    • +3 to hit when TWF

#3: Halfling
    • +3 to hit when Sneak Attacking
    • +3d6 Sneak Attack damage

#4: Warforged
    • +3 Power Attack damage
    • +0.5[W] weapon damage (example: Duel weilding Balizarde(1d8 each). 0.5[W]=1d4x2= 2d4 more damage per swing)

#5: Horc
    • +2 Str
    • +3 action boosts
    • +3 Power Attack damage
    • +2 Str rage clicky
    • +4 to hit and +6 damage when THF (undead beaters)

#6: Elf (If you use rapiers, longswords, or scimitars)
    • +6% to hit with all attacks
    • +4 to hit and damage with rapiers, longswords, and scimitars(you have to choose one)
    • 3% double strike

#7: Drow (If you use rapiers and shortswords)
    • +4 to hit and damage with rapiers and shortswords
    • +3 to hit when TWF

Drows also get: (but there's a catch)

#8: Dwarf
    • +4 to hit and damage with Dwarven axes, picks and hammers

I was a little surprised about Half-Elf being so good. You might be able to choose any Racial prestige just like human. If you choose the human traits in the Half-Elf tree making Half-Elfs highest dps race. Oh! and if you see a Dwarf Rogue...laugh at him. Haha!
    Last edited by Rogann; 04-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Anyway - these are alpha trees which are under heavy feedback currently, and their implementation is SOON. I don't think that these particular racial trees are already worth spending your time with, if you are interested on optimizing a build on live.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Anyway - these are alpha trees which are under heavy feedback currently, and their implementation is SOON. I don't think that these particular racial trees are already worth spending your time with, if you are interested on optimizing a build on live.
    Exactly, every post I make with lamannia content in it. I say its "subject to change". I'm simply giving the viewers of my post an insight into the changes coming to DDO.

Took a look at the Rogue Enhancements on Lamannia(keep in mind everything is subject to change). My opinions down below are geared towards the 'max dps' build. Some things have changed a bit:

Assassin:
    • The assassin tree now grants an extra 1d6 SA damage. (compared to the old enhancements) Vorpal hands and capstone(4d6 SA damage) are innate passives.
    • Haste Boost is in the Acrobat tree. (Must spend a minimum of 9 action points to get it, 11 points to max it)
    • Scroll mastery is in the mechanic tree. (Must spend a minimum of 14 points to get it, 16 points to max it)
    • 50% of the Innates are useless. Only the last 3 are useful. (Must spend a minimum of 10 action points to get capstone)
    • All Teir 5 enhancements are useless.
    • We now get +3 to comfirm crits and 3 seeker.
    • All poisons are useless, (except the 1d8 poison weapon damage stance) due to being an Int mod dc.
    • A new passive similar to Blackscale armor. Instead of the blackscales 5% damage after a kill. It's 5% morale bonus to doublestrike after a kill. (that can stack up to 4 times)
    • There's only 3 viable clickys. All do 3[W] damage on melee. Two of which are generally useless with rather long cooldowns(around 12-12 secs). However. The best one is a bleed that can stack up to 5 times. With a short cooldown(6 sec). At 5 stacks the bleed does an average of 23 damage. The bleed also stacks with Ravager.

It hurts that Haste Boost and Scroll Mastery are hard to work into a build. To get full dps potential out of the Assassin tree you'll have to spend 42-43 action points. To get full dps potential out of Racial Enhancements also takes another 17,22 or 26 action points(halfling, Horc, and Half-Elf). We're already at 60-69 action points and we haven't even looked at Racial Prestiges yet. But overall, its a decent buff from the old enhancements.

Acrobat:
    • Epic failure due to SA not proccing on glancing blows. Not a viable dps choice.

Mechanic:
    • Based on traps that do minimal damage with long cooldowns. Not a viable dps choice.
    Last edited by Rogann; 04-18-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Default Dat new build

I just wanted to comment about a new build I tested out on Lamannia before I forget about it. My original post was deleted due to the dreaded forum update. I tested it thoroughly and got some help from forum users.

13 Rogue/7 Monk (Quarterstaff user, Grandmaster Wind Stance)

Race: Horc (Haven't tested races out with this build. It'll either be Helf, Human, or Horc.

Enhancements: Ninja Spy, Assassin, Acrobat.

Destiny: LD

Perks of the build
    • An almost permanent 57% doublestrike(loses 35% for only 2 seconds than gains it back for another 10 seconds), 35% chance to gain another 15% doublestrike for another 6 seconds. For a chance of up to 72% doublestrike.
    • Permanent 25% incorporeal
    • Highest swing speed in the game (haste boost + perma haste(Grandmaster wind stance) + 15% quarterstaff swing speed.
    • Decent SA die (average damage numbers were 55+)
    • Decent base damage (average 100+ damage)
    • Decent Glancing blow damage (average 45-50+ damage)
    • Passive 19% dodge without any dodge items

Keep in mind everything is subject to change. However, the only way this build will be destroyed. Is if Grandmaster of Forms feat has a level requirement of 10+ Monk.

From my testing I would honestly say it beats pure assassin dps. The added survivability is amazing as well. If the build isn't butchered on live I would consider changing the 'max dps' build to this one.

You can even have 1 Druid for a permanent 'Deadly Weapons' if you use a wooden quarterstaff.
    Last edited by Rogann; 06-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.

18 Rogue 2 Monk Wis build, stun based unarmed fighter. Tweak it out to get the extra dice from Assassin, and the Poison strike stance, but invest in Acrobat to get No Mercy (and Knockdown immunity, which doesn't always work but does work against wolves) along with Vault (oh so useful).

Go dreadnaught, take the cleave feats to help charge blitz (because blitz is awesome, but you're still speccing for twf and unarmed) and twist in Dance of Flowers and Sense weakness. Extremely possible to get a 70 stun dc, go Helf for that ranger dile bonus, and when boosting get a 210% bonus to stunned mobs (which you will be able to create once every 6 seconds.) 10% attack speed bonus for going unarmed, full str bonus to offhand, can still potentially hit 40 str even with heavy investment into wisdom, etc etc.

In the end, this ends up being potentially more dps than any other rogue.

Have I bothered to figure out the points costs? Nah, I'll do that later. If you can do the other bits up there for about 60 points, you're well off when the racial prestiges come out.

Sadly this doesn't work since you're all like "Eww Monks" :P

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast