Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 461
  1. #381
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Rogues can do 3 things:
    1.Traps
    2.Dps
    3.Assassinate

    Doesn't seem like many tricks to me.



    The full potential is topping the DPS charts. That's the only reason to play rogue.



    So by not having a mediocre assassinate useless in EE quests I'm bottle-necking? That doesn't make sense.



    My build is superior to all. If rogues don't take advantage of the dps. They might as well be replaced with a barb.



    Pallys and Rangers should never be focused on dps due to the fact they cant dps.

    Oh man you never fail to amuse,nose-spilled my coffee all over the place,thanks.

  2. #382
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    3 things?
    that's like a cleric that only heals or a fighter not using tactical feats

    a thief screaming 'HEAJL ME' is a failure

  3. #383
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Rogues can do 3 things:
    1.Traps
    2.Dps
    3.Assassinate

    Doesn't seem like many tricks to me.
    Your forgot UMD.

    Also, there is no other class in the game that can even do two of these with ease.

    You need to stop underestimating the rogue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    The full potential is topping the DPS charts. That's the only reason to play rogue.
    Um... no, no it is not.

    Ask any other person in the entire game that is skilled with rogues, and I bet at least 99.5% of them will disagree with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    So by not having a mediocre assassinate useless in EE quests I'm bottle-necking? That doesn't make sense.
    To you, of course it wouldn't make sense because you don't listen to reason, and most likely how low RL int and wis scores.

    Consider this... pretty much everyone has been saying things against your build and ridiculing it. No matter how many times you say it's "good because of dps", the simple fact of the matter is is that your rogue could be better.

    The thing that really gets people going is when you claim that your rogue is the "one true way to build a rogue" or whatever. Your rogue is good I'll give you that, but it is not even close to how good it could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    My build is superior to all. If rogues don't take advantage of the dps. They might as well be replaced with a barb.
    Ah yes, ignorance is bliss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Pallys and Rangers should never be focused on dps due to the fact they cant dps.
    Hm, I think I'm going to repeat myself: Ignorance is bliss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Just shows how "immature" this build and you are.
    Yes, I highly agree.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  4. #384
    Community Member MalarKan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    202

    Default

    fun thing is that Rogan wont even understand that his build is not even a top DPS rogue... its just a top STRENGHT build rogue..

    andjust like mister Quarterling mentions, rogues can also UMD and excell at doing more than just one thing, unlike every other class in the game. Also, alright, lets just consider for a sec that toping the dps chart is the only way to go as a rogue... even so, there are more than one ways to skin a cat
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

  5. #385
    Community Member Dieterstrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Main tank healer in a raid, Heavy dps, trapper, a few can actually tank some content (less now than before), the dude ressing the rest of the party when that fireball wipes everyone but you and the monk, insta-kill, de-buffer while still doing high dps, etc etc.

    Rogann, do you listen to reason? I know of a halflilng rogue speccing to be able to solo EE, and doing a great job at it btw, and has pretty much nothing in common with your build besides you both have precision. He can assassinate, he can do all that stuff that any other rogue can do while matching YOUR dps and your survivability.

    To be perfectly honest, your guide is useful for one thing and one thing only: A good layout for what gear to shoot for.

    Pretty sure you just need to TR into something like what these guys are saying, and get your head out of the clouds about a Half-Orc being good at anything. They're pretty much only good at being a barbarian, and as far as I'm concerned all barbarians are gimps anyway.
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

  6. #386
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Rogues can do 3 things:
    1.Traps
    2.Dps
    3.Assassinate

    Doesn't seem like many tricks to me.
    In the last week I joined an epic elite deal of the demon pug. The pug group got to the end boss and was ill prepared to handle him so for the last 75% of the boss's health. I ran up to the boss bluffed him, fought for 3-4 seconds and then backed out. I would only get hit one time take about 250 pts of damage heal up and then when my bluff timer was up I ran in again. While I was standing out of the boss's range he threw aoe spells which I saved on for no damage and negative energy spells which death ward prevented. I did this for a minute or two until the boss was dead.

    Bluff is so powerful for soloing because it adds sneak damage, but it also is nice for a group so they do not take damage while the mob is bluffed and everyone gets sneak damage.

    Diplomacy and the hide skill diplomacy in shadowdancer are both great for both mitigating the damage taken and for increasing a rogues damage. When you talk about rogue's dps and no charisma based skills I get confused. It sounds to me like you often have aggro on mobs and are doing much less damage then you would if you hit the diplomacy or bluff skills. Caught in the Web is a great example because there the mobs are spread out and you are not in a group with someone else fighting a mob, but often by yourself attacking a mob and in those cases I hit bluff and diplomacy for more damage.


    So by not having a mediocre assassinate useless in EE quests I'm bottle-necking? That doesn't make sense.
    Yes a mediocre assassinate is worth it. My rogue with a little more gear will hit a 34 intelligence with ship buffs. Her assasinate dc will be 48-49 which will not be solid enough to be consistant for the mob melee on epic elite, but will land the vast majority of time on caster mobs. That is a very nice tactic sneak to the caster mob assasinate that mob and then fight the nearby melee mobs using diplomacy or bluff if necessary.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  7. #387
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieterstrife View Post
    To be perfectly honest, your guide is useful for one thing and one thing only: A good layout for what gear to shoot for.
    I disagree with this as well. The golden guile for instance I think is a great item, but what have you.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  8. #388
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    The funny thing is this isn't even a max-DPS rogue build, but the thread is entertaining none the less.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  9. #389
    Hero Gawna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pants
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    My build is superior to all. If rogues don't take advantage of the dps. They might as well be replaced with a barb.
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

  10. #390
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gawna View Post

    decent!

  11. #391
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieterstrife View Post
    To be perfectly honest, your guide is useful for one thing and one thing only: A good layout for what gear to shoot for.
    .
    Really?

    Helm: Purple Dragon Helm - Meh. I'd put GS here instead.
    Necklace: Symbol of the Shining Sun - Srsly? As pointed out eGolden Guile would be nice here. Could slot GFL or +1 str, if you really had a hard on for max str.
    Bauble: Planar Focus of Prowess (+8 Str) - If you want "max DPS" get a +3 insightful instead of +8 and put the +8 elsewhere.
    Cloak: Tough Cloak of (insert skill mod of choice, random gen) Bleh.
    Belt: Min 2 Green Steel - 8 CON belt would be ok.
    Ring 1: Seal of House Dun'Robar (+2 Insightful Con) - Fine, but +2 str/ +5 combat mastery version.
    Ring 2: Doublestrike 6% ring of (insert skill mod of choice, random gen) - Seal of House Avithoul grants +5 sneak and +3 exceptional sneak. Or else fully upgraded Epic Ring of the Stakler. Manslayer + exceptional SA win this round. Plus 2 empty slots (yellow and colorless). Contender for GFL and a +1 stat of your choice.
    Gloves: Nether Graps - Yes
    Boots: Treads of Falling Shadow - Yes
    Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade - Yes
    Armor: Whisperchain - Why? SFL and +5 exceptional sneak? +8 STR Gositro with +10 shatter would serve better. More sundering = more fort bypass = more sneak damage.
    Goggles: Tharnes Goggles - True seeing is good, but if you equip a ring of the staker, that's all you'd get out of this item.

  12. #392
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Really?
    Here is my take gearwise:
    Helm: Concordant Opposition +45 hit points shroud (I like the +6 wisdom).
    Trinket: Planar Subertuge +3 insight intelligence
    Goggles: +8 intelligence of +13 spot
    Necklace: Epic Golden Guile w/+1 intelligence exceptional
    Cloak: Drow Piwafi
    Armor: Red Dragon Robes: w/ +2 good luck and +6 charisma.
    Belt: Epic Belt of Moranon w/greater false.
    Bracer: Epic elite Bracer of Twisting Shade
    Gloves: Epic elite Nether Grasps
    Ring 1: Epic Ring of Baphomet w/+1 constitution exceptional
    Ring 2: Seal of House of Dun Robar +7 constitution of tenden slice 10%
    Boots: Epic Elite Treads of the Falling Snow
    Primary hand: Celestia or Balizarde
    Off Hand: Alchemical Khopesh: Earth, Air, Earth


    I am not really sure about my rogue's defense which is a question regarding the gear. A question for the OP as well. I might up my healing amp on my character for example. I think silver flame pots are really great on a rogue because you can still do a lot of dps via the nature of rogue's doing great sneak damage so I feel like having an 11+ on all stats before ship buffs is crucial.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  13. #393
    Community Member Bolo_Grubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    play what you like and like what you play.

    I find that on my rogue I use the star of day from commendation turn in for a lot of trash. Or one star of day paired with epic envenomed blade for improved paralyze.

    I rarely use eGaros malice or GS weapons any more. I still do not have an Emidnight greetings, I really should start farming for that again.

    but I have a lot of fun playing my rogue.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

  14. #394
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Here is my take gearwise:
    Helm: Concordant Opposition +45 hit points shroud (I like the +6 wisdom).
    Trinket: Planar Subertuge +3 insight intelligence
    Goggles: +8 intelligence of +13 spot
    Necklace: Epic Golden Guile w/+1 intelligence exceptional
    Cloak: Drow Piwafi
    Armor: Red Dragon Robes: w/ +2 good luck and +6 charisma.
    Belt: Epic Belt of Moranon w/greater false.
    Bracer: Epic elite Bracer of Twisting Shade
    Gloves: Epic elite Nether Grasps
    Ring 1: Epic Ring of Baphomet w/+1 constitution exceptional
    Ring 2: Seal of House of Dun Robar +7 constitution of tenden slice 10%
    Boots: Epic Elite Treads of the Falling Snow
    Primary hand: Celestia or Balizarde
    Off Hand: Alchemical Khopesh: Earth, Air, Earth


    I am not really sure about my rogue's defense which is a question regarding the gear. A question for the OP as well. I might up my healing amp on my character for example. I think silver flame pots are really great on a rogue because you can still do a lot of dps via the nature of rogue's doing great sneak damage so I feel like having an 11+ on all stats before ship buffs is crucial.
    My list wasn't what I'd wear on my rogue (he is dex/int so he has different priorities) but for "max DPS" there were a few glaring items missing. And the inclusion of that PDK helm made me LOL.

  15. #395
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Aridzona
    Posts
    172

    Default

    You folks are completely missing the entire point to the build. He's not interested in trash killing .. he thinks it's gonna die anyway so not point to worry about trash killing ability. He's interested in highest damage versus bosses. He does more damage to bosses than dex/int rogues. He sacrifices a lot of rogue utility to do it. Whether the trade off is "worth" it is totally subjective .. there is no "right or wrong". The only thing not subjective is the raw damage versus bosses .. which is higher than yours ... and the whole goal of the build.

    Edit: .. There are no "dps charts" to top btw .. just saying. Edit 2: there's so little trolling on DDO forums that it goes right over people's heads when it happens.
    Thelanis: Anihsod ( drood ), Dexlorum ( nannybot ), Kiriagi ( thief ), Galrisian ( paladerp ) Hirp Dirp ( bard )

  16. #396
    Community Member Dieterstrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Really?

    Helm: Purple Dragon Helm - Meh. I'd put GS here instead.
    Necklace: Symbol of the Shining Sun - Srsly? As pointed out eGolden Guile would be nice here. Could slot GFL or +1 str, if you really had a hard on for max str.
    Bauble: Planar Focus of Prowess (+8 Str) - If you want "max DPS" get a +3 insightful instead of +8 and put the +8 elsewhere.
    Cloak: Tough Cloak of (insert skill mod of choice, random gen) Bleh.
    Belt: Min 2 Green Steel - 8 CON belt would be ok.
    Ring 1: Seal of House Dun'Robar (+2 Insightful Con) - Fine, but +2 str/ +5 combat mastery version.
    Ring 2: Doublestrike 6% ring of (insert skill mod of choice, random gen) - Seal of House Avithoul grants +5 sneak and +3 exceptional sneak. Or else fully upgraded Epic Ring of the Stakler. Manslayer + exceptional SA win this round. Plus 2 empty slots (yellow and colorless). Contender for GFL and a +1 stat of your choice.
    Gloves: Nether Graps - Yes
    Boots: Treads of Falling Shadow - Yes
    Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade - Yes
    Armor: Whisperchain - Why? SFL and +5 exceptional sneak? +8 STR Gositro with +10 shatter would serve better. More sundering = more fort bypass = more sneak damage.
    Goggles: Tharnes Goggles - True seeing is good, but if you equip a ring of the staker, that's all you'd get out of this item.
    NOTE: This gear load out has little grind. It isn't the most optimal but it does a very good job.

    Even he admits that it isn't the best setup. I do admit that your setup may work better, or it may end up in exactly the same spot. However, Tharnes has sneak attack +5 and the Stalker has exc +3, meaning Tharnes still has some credibility here.

    Also, if you have a halfling, your starting stats (if following this build and it's premise) would end up with exactly 4 str less than Rogann. Gear choices exactly the same, it would be 4. Add on the power attack bonuses, and that means that rogann is hitting for a base swing of 5 higher than a Halfling, who gets a +8 to damage with sneaks. And if he's using Power Attack in the situation he built for, he's having 25% more of his crits negated, and 25% more of his sneaks (this is blatantly obvious and does not need re-stating, but I'm not stopping) over the halfer, meaning that in no logical situation will his build EVER out-dps a Halfling. Then, there is the obvious Human. I'll stop here, as it's been said.

    I helped my friends rogue out with his gearing choices, and he decided on a similar setup to both you and Rogann (mostly just regarding the new stuff) but decided on using the Tharnes, Ring of the Stalker and the Black Dragon armor. +3 damage is nice, but the grind to get that armor is going to cause less benefit than Haste Guard and another 10% fort bypass. He's using the dagger from the raid too, and has Balizarde he's modding out as well. He's not to fond of Celestia, but only because he thinks it's bugged. He wants me to cap my FVS so I can run around with him and test this stuff out, see if he's just looney or not.
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

  17. #397
    Community Member Dieterstrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anihsod View Post
    You folks are completely missing the entire point to the build. He's not interested in trash killing .. he thinks it's gonna die anyway so not point to worry about trash killing ability. He's interested in highest damage versus bosses. He does more damage to bosses than dex/int rogues. He sacrifices a lot of rogue utility to do it. Whether the trade off is "worth" it is totally subjective .. there is no "right or wrong". The only thing not subjective is the raw damage versus bosses .. which is higher than yours ... and the whole goal of the build.

    Edit: .. There are no "dps charts" to top btw .. just saying. Edit 2: there's so little trolling on DDO forums that it goes right over people's heads when it happens.
    If he's been trying to troll us, he's done an amazing job. I for one love feeding trolls, because I just like seeing the reaction.

    Honestly though, if he is trolling, he is the most dedicated one I have ever met.
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

  18. #398
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    I wonder if this will ever escalate to the point of the thread being locked.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  19. #399
    Community Member me_TOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieterstrife View Post
    . He's not to fond of Celestia, but only because he thinks it's bugged.ot.
    Celestia is an agro magnet, its AOE procs draw waaaayyy to much attention than most rogues will want. I have much more success using regualr star of day from turn ins (with radience/good burst being my fave damage everything version)
    AoK - Sasi Jdollar Jonnydrama Hawtty Megah

  20. #400
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterling View Post
    I wonder if this will ever escalate to the point of the thread being locked.
    If said thing would happen. I would re post the thread...

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload