Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 461
  1. #281
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    how would you use reign without any songs?
    You get a base amount of songs(just like you get Sp when your in a caster tree). Currently I chose all the passive '+1 extra song' abilities up to 'Reign' because I believe this has something to do with the amount of songs you get when you twist a song ability.

    So at level 3 Fatesinger while taking the '+1 extra song' passives up to 'Reign' I have 11 songs of 'Reign'. I got a total of 33 mins of 11d20 sonic + lightning on confirmed vorpals

    NOTE: Currently you cant regain the charges via shrining or tavern up-keep. You have to re-twist 'Reign'. Not sure if this is WAI, imo this is a massive bug so I sent in a ticket(knowing Turbine it wont get 'fixed' for months).

  2. #282
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieterstrife View Post
    However, with the changes to precision, is it possible that (against heavy fort mobs) that it would out-dps Power Attack? I'd think even against 50% fort it would out-do it totally. This is only an assumption though, I haven't bothered to do the numbers. This may be a thought for anyone wanting to do this build as a Human, though. I'd honestly like to see the numbers.
    Yea i was thinking the same. Its a 25% chance to get in an extra 100+ dmg. Id personally love to be human(so i could actually call myself 'max dps' but im waiting for ravager to come out.

  3. #283
    Community Member Merlocke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Puzzle Factory
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    When ISA is fixed to be multi pickable
    doubt it.
    AoK Merlocke (Sorc, Completionist x3) Merloc (Balttle Cleric)

  4. #284
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    Max DPS for a rogue is maximizing your opportunity to get SA damage. The "Full Retard" DPS machine while does amazing numbers when getting SA damage does "Junk" numbers as soon as it grabs aggro.
    Of course. This goes for all rogues. The 'max dps' built rogue will however do higher base dmg.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    The problem with Strength Based builds is they are more difficult to manage aggro with; you need a very good tank or barb in your group or you have to constantly manage your aggro.
    In raids pulling aggro is rare. With subtle backstab 4 i literally never pulled aggro. Even more now since everyone's 'supersized'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    I believe I even read in this post at how you always grab aggro away from other players (this is a bad thing, not something to brag about btw).
    Actually I was rather vague on that comment. I have 'dps competition's in Tod part 2/many other quests with friends/pugs. I turn off subtle backstab and see if anyone can take it from me. Its rather rare to find people that can hold it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    If you're not maximizing your opportunity to get SA damage then you're better off playing a Barbarian for big numbers.
    How would I not be maximizing my opportunity to SA? I mean im playing a rogue here. If I wanted mid 40's base dmg with no SA id roll a monk...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    A balanced build is much better imo and will deliver more DPS overtime than this monstrousity.
    Lmao what? How are my builds a monstrosity? There one of the most viable builds for endgame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    This comes from someone who has also played a dex based rogue to cap and a strength based rogue to cap.
    Good. Then you must know how dex builds are pointless and lacking.

  5. #285
    Community Member Edamame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    63

    Question

    How can you call yourself max dps assasin III and not even have the feat of "sneak" or "assasinate" on your hotbar? I think an instant kill would be considered max dps! Would you not?

    E
    AoK:Phortune~Phelin~Phaith~Phish

  6. #286
    Community Member destiny4405's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edamame View Post
    How can you call yourself max dps assasin III and not even have the feat of "sneak" or "assasinate" on your hotbar? I think an instant kill would be considered max dps! Would you not?

    E
    untill bosses become vulnerable to assasinate, it, not only can't be considered dps, it can't be considered usefull for boss fights.
    Last edited by destiny4405; 07-24-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

    Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

  7. #287
    Community Member Rauven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    untill bosses become vulnerable to assasinate, it, not only can't be considered dps, it can't be considered usefull for boss fights.
    Depends on what you're fighting in that boss fight.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

  8. #288
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    This is definitely NOT a "max dps" rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  9. #289
    Community Member soloist12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Good. Then you must know how dex builds are pointless and lacking.
    Now that you can bypass fort even soloing, i'll take dex and its bonuses over 5-10 base damage any day.

    Once dex-to-dmg comes out, you'll be completely obsolete.

  10. #290
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    @rogann

    I'm considering your build for my third life, could you give me any advice to sum up the good points of the discussion about races and perhaps maybe not completely dumping int?

  11. #291
    Community Member Xalir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    untill bosses become vulnerable to assasinate, it, not only can't be considered dps, it can't be considered usefull for boss fights.
    Depends how you view it. If DPS means time to finish quests then, hands down, rogues with a high Assassinate/Shadow Manipulation/Devourer DC will be done way faster than the ones who doesn't focus on INT.

    DDO is different from other games. Here you can only compare DPS builds in theory. Add in instakill spells or abilities and you have a problem. In theory, an instakill means Damage = Monster HP + 10. Assuming that trash mobs in Epic Normal/Hard have around 500 - 950+ HP, that equals to 510 - 960 DPS. Double that by killing two nearby monsters and you are at 1020 - 1920 DPS. Could any so called Max DPS builds counter that? I doubt it.

    And this specific build is a weak build of an assassin rogue. Because it does only focus on raw damage, which has a lower priority for an assassin. You wouldn't want to build a Pale Master to only focus on elemental damage rather than instakills, that would be silly, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by solist12
    Once dex-to-dmg comes out, you'll be completely obsolete.
    This.
    Last edited by Xalir; 07-24-2012 at 10:10 PM.

  12. #292
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    Once dex-to-dmg comes out, you'll be completely obsolete.
    If the devs' change the rules - as they often do - you change your character. That's how MMOs work. Maybe in a couple of months dex rogues will be the strongest kind there is, for the first time in DDO. Or maybe not. They are for sure not today though.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

  13. #293
    Community Member soloist12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Define strongest. I'll take the usefulness of dex over a few points of base dmg anyday. When you're doing 120~ sneak dmg a hit, honestly, what's 10 more base dmg?

  14. #294
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edamame View Post
    How can you call yourself max dps assasin III and not even have the feat of "sneak" or "assasinate" on your hotbar? I think an instant kill would be considered max dps! Would you not?

    How is having a chance to make trash mobs die faster be max dps? Im talking boss beats here, if you want insta kills roll a caster...

  15. #295
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    Depends on what you're fighting in that boss fight.
    That's completely irrelevant. Having Assassinate does nothing towards 'max dps' against bosses.

  16. #296
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    This is definitely NOT a "max dps" rogue.
    Your 100% correct sir. I'm not human. However the points in the post go towards all builds.

  17. #297
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    Now that you can bypass fort even soloing, i'll take dex and its bonuses over 5-10 base damage any day.
    Some reflex saves and AC?

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    Once dex-to-dmg comes out, you'll be completely obsolete.
    Assuming it does come out, ill still be ahead.

  18. #298
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kliptic View Post
    @rogann
    I'm considering your build for my third life, could you give me any advice to sum up the good points of the discussion about races and perhaps maybe not completely dumping int?
    Currently go human, due to the extra feat and Human Versatility boost. However id wait till the enhancements pass to see what's the best choice. Depending on your gear/tomes.

    It all depends on your gear/tomes. You could go 18 str, 14 dex(need +3 dex tome) then 15-16 con. This will allow you to get to a 12 or a 14 int. Imo I see no reason to do this but its your build.

  19. #299
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalir View Post
    Depends how you view it. If DPS means time to finish quests then, hands down, rogues with a high Assassinate/Shadow Manipulation/Devourer DC will be done way faster than the ones who doesn't focus on INT.

    DDO is different from other games. Here you can only compare DPS builds in theory. Add in instakill spells or abilities and you have a problem. In theory, an instakill means Damage = Monster HP + 10. Assuming that trash mobs in Epic Normal/Hard have around 500 - 950+ HP, that equals to 510 - 960 DPS. Double that by killing two nearby monsters and you are at 1020 - 1920 DPS. Could any so called Max DPS builds counter that? I doubt it.

    And this specific build is a weak build of an assassin rogue. Because it does only focus on raw damage, which has a lower priority for an assassin. You wouldn't want to build a Pale Master to only focus on elemental damage rather than instakills, that would be silly, right?
    Iirc assassinate didn't work on red/orange named mobs. So having a chance to kill an already fast kill isn't exactly helping. Where as an extra 10 base dmg works on everything.

  20. #300
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Iirc assassinate didn't work on red/orange named mobs. So having a chance to kill an already fast kill isn't exactly helping. Where as an extra 10 base dmg works on everything.
    Works on orange, not red (at least some orange).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload