Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 461
  1. #221
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
    Sockpuppet is undergoing some changes to update him for the new content. Main change is a TR with starting dex of 18 (still STR-based) to qualify for max sneak attacks. Went with Shadowdancer. At lvl 23 right now with about 600 hps (normal buffed condition) and 40+ STR. Survivability is great. The added skill points make no-fail UMD heal scrolls a breeze without gear swaps (no need for cha-skill item or titan gloves). Silver flame pots provide a good back-up in a pinch. DPS output is thrilling so far and the little goodies from epic destinies are tasty treats. Sockpuppet was never that great of an assassinator (starting int of 9), but gets in the 40s DCs now with epic goodness--so some extra fun there.
    Would you mind doing a little update to your Sockpuppet build thread showing what you are doing regarding stats, gear, ed's, etc? I'd be very appreciated.

  2. #222
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    My helf lvl25 rogue is running around with over 800.
    And 51 Asassinate DC is working wonders in epic elite. What DC assassinate does your build get up to?
    Yikes. Mind sharing how you are getting these?

  3. #223
    The Hatchery karl_k0ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RS-Makk View Post
    Yikes. Mind sharing how you are getting these?
    10 base
    20 rogue
    2 emg
    6 shadowdancer
    ---
    38 without any int, i.e. you need an +13 int mod to get 51 DC, ie 36 int.

    achievable via, for example:
    6 shadowdancer
    7 item
    1 arty dilly
    1 racial
    3 tome
    2 capstone
    2 ship
    14 base int
    ---
    36 int with not level-ups spent in int.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

  4. #224
    Community Member arroyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    108

    Default

    51 DC above.

    1 : +2 insightful from Spyglass gets another +1 DC
    1 : +1 exceptional and +3 insightful instead
    2 : 18 INT Helf (with the INT enhancements as listed by karl_k0ch) or 20 INT Drow
    3 : +6 level ups
    1 : +8 item and +4 tome
    1 : Yugo pots viable now with +25% Stacking Fort + Unyielding Sentinel's +40% twist
    1 : House D pots
    1 : Store pots

    62 DC maximum (?), or we missed anything?

    [edit]

    Doh, I calculated 20 INT Drow along with Helf INT enhancements. Fixed
    Last edited by arroyo; 07-06-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    Sarlona: Sagarana (Drow Roguenought) / ~Katrynna~ (Human Assassin) / ~Jcuervo~ (HElf Emerald) / ~Jwalkers~ (Human PM)

  5. #225
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    A real rogue is my build and no others.

  6. #226
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RS-Makk View Post
    Yikes. Mind sharing how you are getting these?
    HP:
    20 Heroic Durability
    120 20rog
    50 epic levels
    50 epic toughness
    45 GS
    30 GFL
    20 Toughness item
    27 Toughness feat
    30 racial toughness
    =392

    17 base CON
    4 tome
    7 Evenomed cloak
    2 insight
    1 human AP
    1 exceptional
    =32(+11)=11*25=275

    Which is 667. 717 in unyielding sentinel stance, which is the ED I'm leveling now. I know I have 777 without ship buff, so I'm probably just unable to think where that last 60 is coming from.

    As for Assassinate, I started with 14 int and put 4 level ups into it, so base 18 INT. +3 tome, 1 human, 1 artificer dilly, 9 Rhakir's ring, 2 capstone. The 51 number I put includes ship.

    That's 36 INT, +13 to DC. 30 of the DC is free, of course. 2 comes from eMG, and the last six is from the Shadowdancer tierI thing I twisted.

  7. #227
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    How are you NOT running Master's Blitz? That baffles me.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  8. #228
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    10 base
    20 rogue
    2 emg
    6 shadowdancer
    ---
    38 without any int, i.e. you need an +13 int mod to get 51 DC, ie 36 int.

    achievable via, for example:
    6 shadowdancer
    7 item
    1 arty dilly
    1 racial
    3 tome
    2 capstone
    2 ship
    14 base int
    ---
    36 int with not level-ups spent in int.
    I'm not sure that +6 int from Shadow Dancer is realistic with the amount of points available to spend unless I'm missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  9. #229
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  10. #230
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    How are you NOT running Master's Blitz? That baffles me.
    Yes cause im gonna hit trip 50 times while waiting 10 mins...

  11. #231
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    A real rogue is my build and no others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    This.
    I agree.

    I think at this point (unless it has always been this way), Rogann knows that his/her build has always been bad, and is just loving the ridicule/attention.

    I mean, if 99% of people say your build is bad or there are much better options, I highly doubt your build is as good as you think it is.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  12. #232
    Community Member xveganrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Legendary Dreadnought without Master's Blitz, Axes, or the Cleave tree?? You skipped all the good enhancements..

  13. #233
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xveganrox View Post
    Legendary Dreadnought without Master's Blitz, Axes, or the Cleave tree?? You skipped all the good enhancements..
    Yes cause im gonna use trip for 10 mins trying to get masters blitz...My rogue using axes? Taking cleave on a rogue with already limited feats?

  14. #234
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterling View Post
    I mean, if 99% of people say your build is bad or there are much better options, I highly doubt your build is as good as you think it is.
    99% O_o The majority of people saying my builds bad are dex/int rogues with no gear.... Herp derp you haz no int i are haz assassinate and do traps.

    I played a rogue from start to finish and got him max geared. One that is known to be one of the best on the server. I personally dont think highly of myself. I just love to play rogue and want to let people know rogues are dps first traps second.

  15. #235
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    99% O_o The majority of people saying my builds bad are dex/int rogues with no gear.... Herp derp you haz no int i are haz assassinate and do traps.

    I played a rogue from start to finish and got him max geared. One that is known to be one of the best on the server. I personally dont think highly of myself. I just love to play rogue and want to let people know rogues are dps first traps second.
    I love the whole "One that is known to be one of the best on the server" followed by "I personally dont think highly of myself".

    /fail

    I don't play int/dex rogue, my rogue caps out at 52 strength with temporary buffs etc but I still build my rogue to do more than just be a one trick pony, if I take LD I'll actually be able to hit that Master's Blitz, I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

    Your build isn't close to max DPS, it can't do half the things that better built characters can ... what exactly is the point of it again? About the only thing I see going for you now is that you have good gear, albeit outdated. /clap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  16. #236
    The Hatchery karl_k0ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I'm not sure that +6 int from Shadow Dancer is realistic with the amount of points available to spend unless I'm missing something.
    No, it's not entirely realistic. It can easily substituted by
    Higher Initial Int (16 isn't that hard to get): ~2 (up to 6)
    Level-Ups in Int: ~1-6
    Insightful Int: ~2-3
    Exceptional Int: +1
    Higher Enhancement Bonus: +1
    Higher tome than +2: 1-2

    I just wanted to give one possible break down.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

  17. #237
    Community Member arroyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Yes cause im gonna hit trip 50 times while waiting 10 mins...
    Cleave, Momentum Swing and Lay Waste also charge Master's Blitz up. I don't know if it's WAI, but using them provides charges even against the air atm.

    I could charge while waiting the party rebuff before the LOB fight, for example, just by using those three above.
    Sarlona: Sagarana (Drow Roguenought) / ~Katrynna~ (Human Assassin) / ~Jcuervo~ (HElf Emerald) / ~Jwalkers~ (Human PM)

  18. #238
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I love the whole "One that is known to be one of the best on the server" followed by "I personally dont think highly of myself".

    /fail

    Your build isn't close to max DPS, it can't do half the things that better built characters can ... what exactly is the point of it again? About the only thing I see going for you now is that you have good gear, albeit outdated. /clap.
    Im actually known to be one of the best rogues on the server...Its not hard due to 90% of rogues being gimp. I dont think im pro or anything. I play ddo for fun and dont care about whos better.

    Actually my build is close to max DPS. I just need to be Human. Lets see here, how to be max dps. Shadowdancer 5 and take epic SA(by taking 2 dex lv ups)....YAY im max dps!!! seriously i didnt think making a different ED active and changing 1 feat would be that simple. Do you want me to lesser again and show 2 builds?!?! One for survivability and one for dps? You know what im gonna do that, i just gotta wait another week.

    My gear isnt outdated. The new gear dosent favor a str/con rogue at all. My gear is still the best im afraid. Might be outdated when the new raid becomes available.

  19. #239
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arroyo View Post
    Cleave, Momentum Swing and Lay Waste also charge Master's Blitz up. I don't know if it's WAI, but using them provides charges even against the air atm.

    I could charge while waiting the party rebuff before the LOB fight, for example, just by using those three above.
    Why would i take cleave on a feat starved rogue O_o

  20. #240
    Community Member xveganrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Yes cause im gonna use trip for 10 mins trying to get masters blitz...My rogue using axes? Taking cleave on a rogue with already limited feats?
    You obviously haven't used Epic Destinies yet.

    My Cleave means that I'll be getting sneak attack and a full, extra damage attack on everything, every 5 seconds. Cleave, Momentum Swing, and Lay Waste charge up Blitz plenty - there's no need to use trip. I'm on the "int/dex rogues with dumped str/con are gimp" team, but I think you're doing str/con wrong.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload