Default Blue bars and red bars

In pvp blue bars have the advantage, not because they deal much more damage in shorter periods of time, not because they're all self-healers, not because they can kite you infinitely.. Blue bars have the advantage because SP drinks in taverns are instant, whilst food consumables are not(but can still give an advantage by eating first then jumping, the same could be done for SP consumables).

Without regarding the major lack of equality in the brawl pits as far as damage output and other things go(infinite jumping backward kiting etc etc), it's obvious that an easy fix would be to make tavern consumables unusable within the actual brawl pit.

I'm aware that arenas exist in part for this reason, but let's face it, they're very poorly done. 6v6 isn't as fun as 12v12. Maps barely as big as a raid boss room aren't fun, maps as big as wilderness areas are fun. Getting suitably built groups for these battles is extremely difficult because there's such a small number of people who pvp to begin with, in the future, this would be remedied with a basic reward system for pvp(after lots of other balance issues are corrected). For now though, we're stuck with All-vs-all and 1v1 or 2v2 in the pit, so it'd be nice if this easy tidbit could be arranged.

(internet games become eternal with good pvp)
    Last edited by Yokido; 11-25-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Community Member

/signed

Besides, this is the reason I like my FvS: He has a blue bar AND a red bar xD (800 HP with ship buffs and buffed properly.

Anyways: GIVE US BIGGER PVP ARENA'S WHERE MORE PEOPLE CAN FIGHT EACHOTHER
    Bradt: 19bard/1fighter| thedungeons: 17clr/2sorc/1wiz
    recifitraa: 20 artificer | nasuadax 12 pal/6monk/2rog
    www.student.kuleuven.be/~r0462469/home.html

Man,You missunderstand.
    Lets ignore the fact that casters are way OverPowered then they should be.
    Lets ignore the fact that PvPs are VERY not balanced.
    Lets ignore the devils,The brocolis,And all the bugs i saw over the PvPs.
    Guess what?
    12v12?
    That sounds to me like 3v1.
    Let me explain that as simple as i can,In one word that would might explain what makes the PvP system TOTALY unbalanced,Even if the duel is betwin 2 totaly same chars played by clone twins.
    Lags.
    And zone outs,Bugs,Slow connections,And whatever comes into that catagory.
    Man,We cant PvP 4v4 well in the USA as well as they can in france,For example.
    In those new terms of PvP that a caster can die from one barb wepon swing,Or a barb can die by one caster meteor swarm,Those little wretchy lags can cause you to become from the best man in the whole server to the noobest man of noobland.

Everybody pleads.Rest my case.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by StableKobold View Post
    Man,You missunderstand.
    Lets ignore the fact that casters are way OverPowered then they should be.
    Same as PVM.
    Lets ignore the fact that PvPs are VERY not balanced.
    See above.
    Lets ignore the devils,The brocolis,And all the bugs i saw over the PvPs.
    Guess what?
    12v12?
    That sounds to me like 3v1.
    Let me explain that as simple as i can,In one word that would might explain what makes the PvP system TOTALY unbalanced,Even if the duel is betwin 2 totaly same chars played by clone twins.
    Lags.
    And zone outs,Bugs,Slow connections,And whatever comes into that catagory.
    Man,We cant PvP 4v4 well in the USA as well as they can in france,For example.
    In those new terms of PvP that a caster can die from one barb wepon swing,Or a barb can die by one caster meteor swarm,Those little wretchy lags can cause you to become from the best man in the whole server to the noobest man of noobland.
    See above, as well as taking into account that lag has been an issue on some level of every online game to date. If you hate pvp because of lag and bugs, I'm suprised you like any aspect of DDO, as the game is full of lag and bugs.

Its not that you had such a great argument nobody could counter it, its that you had such an irrelevant argument nobody wanted to waste 2 minutes pointing out the obvious to you like I just did.

Of course this all ignores the fact that the brawling pits are not PvP. Their Bar brawls, no rules and without question prone to be overrun with the newest OP build out there (or at least childish people taking Lvl 20s and owning all the level 10 and unders because they can and it makes them feel good).

Brawling pits are good places to try out new abilities (Except the ones band by the bar owner), test out saves - there is always someone in the brawling area casting all types of spells. Testing Damage reduction and guards etc.

For actual PvP in DDO you need to use the PvP areas accessible by NPC (Near brawling pits) or through the challenge system.

Pffft.Its not cureable,I know it.However,Its yet true,Irrelevant or relevant as it might be.
    a 6 man party could do quite well without lags,or with 1 member lagging.
    but a 12 man party will require at least 15 mbs to transfer a fine death match area quite fine,and around 17 or 18 for CTF.
    Most of the peoples i know down own third of that.
    This means they can move around half of the time.

Remind me what was PVM?

Community Member

idk if kobold here is antipvp or not, tbh his posts are hard enough to understand that he might just be trying to discuss the american civil war however, every other thread in the pvp section has at least 4 posts each where your posts could be dead on so idc

but the issue with lag here in america is a pretty accurate citation. our speeds are so ridiculously throttled down.
    our upload speeds are horridly limited by the policy makers.

we really should boycott.

did you know that video game providers have actualy pretty much Legalesed themselves out of boycott protection laws? internet providers them selves might be vulnerable in some cases as well.
    Last edited by BlackyLigar; 04-14-2012 at 03:55 AM.