Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Community Member RedDragonScale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Save for half? Haha, I'm unsure if that explains it adequately but that's all I've got.
    Yeah but the save is a WILL save!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonScale View Post
    Can you explain this further? I haven't heard of any changes to Toven's.
    There are no real changes to the Rune Arm itself. In Patch 12.1, there will be an extra chest for doing the ''Destroy Toven's Soul-Cleansing Device'' optional (before killing Toven) with a chance to drop both the Cerebral Distillation Unit (required for first upgrade, currently unobtainable) and the Elemental Motion Fixation Device (required for the second upgrade, currently only obtainable for doing the "Domination" optional in the Lord of Blades raid).
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Question:

I see that Lore items and elemental enhancement lines affect Rune Arm damage, but how about something like Wrath of Sora Kell (40% damage increase to level 6 and below spells) and Infused Chaosrobe (Spell Turmoil: +75% damage chance for 30 seconds for elemental spells).

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    There are no real changes to the Rune Arm itself. In Patch 12.1, there will be an extra chest for doing the ''Destroy Toven's Soul-Cleansing Device'' optional (before killing Toven) with a chance to drop both the Cerebral Distillation Unit (required for first upgrade, currently unobtainable) and the Elemental Motion Fixation Device (required for the second upgrade, currently only obtainable for doing the "Domination" optional in the Lord of Blades raid).
    Ah, ok. That makes more sense. Thanks!

+1

BTW...on what difficulty will those two parts drop?
    Last edited by RedDragonScale; 12-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggertooth View Post
    This here is forum gold man.. your 'new uber build'

Back in 2007 when monks first came out, my monk was the only wisdom based monk on the server. Back then a 27 DC stun was the end all be all and was able to actually stun the giants in gianthold. Of course everyone was so concerned with con.. (and str and dex) that they only put a few points in wis. But thankfully eveyrone has your 'new uber build' to show them how its done. Maybe you and Shade can collaborate on some kind of video or something.

So anyway wouldnt that mean that I was using your 'new uber build' before you ever even played the game? Just think man, you were busy copying and pasting all those builds from the forum and I was already capped with your 'new uber build'. Aint it nuts?
    HAHAHAHA!!!

I love how none of your posts ever make sense, and all claim that YOU, alone, were the only person to build a character of X class that was capable of anything. You know what? Monks didn't come out in 2007, not everyone dumped Wisdom, and I'm fairly certain that M_A was writing builds, not copying them.

Oh, and the game has changed tremendously in the 3 years since monks came out (and since level cap 10), so what you were running then may well have been as gimp as everyone thought it was then, before it became more relevant now, or maybe it just wasn't as effective in the content people cared about at the time.

Why don't you try posting occasionally without the condescension and unwarranted chest-thumping?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Any chance we can get a Dev to cleanse all the posts in this thread that are wholly unrelated to the topic at hand.

Ie. Monk & Barbarian Uberness
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    ie. Shade you really don't belong in this thread no one really cares if your Barb deals more damage than an Arty we're trying to discover the best way to deal damage with rune arms
    I'll just derail quickly to point out that Shade is very much *not* on my ignore list. I have no problems with arrogance, so long as you're also *right* -- and Shade often is! Those who were paying attention might have noticed that he even correctly called me out on DR before. (Shade, to close that off -- my back of the envelope says that a Divine Power'ed Arti probably gets about 150 bolts a minute if they're using Endless Fusilade if it's off-timer... but I'd love someone with a 20 to confirm that. I was kinda assuming two-handers would still be attempting twitch attacks and wouldn't get glancing blows, but wasn't really thinking about cleave-spamming.)

re: Toven's Hammer and AoE -- are all of the blasts AoE regardless of charge tier? I still don't think we have a firm answer on "what the difference is between tier IV and V on Toven's Hammer," although maybe I missed it.

Thanks for all of the great input so far, folks. I'm due for another pass on the OP to fold in more of the "generally maximizing spell damage" tips -- good stuff.
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    I'll just derail quickly to point out that Shade is very much *not* on my ignore list. I have no problems with arrogance, so long as you're also *right* -- and Shade often is! Those who were paying attention might have noticed that he even correctly called me out on DR before. (Shade, to close that off -- my back of the envelope says that a Divine Power'ed Arti probably gets about 150 bolts a minute if they're using Endless Fusilade if it's off-timer... but I'd love someone with a 20 to confirm that. I was kinda assuming two-handers would still be attempting twitch attacks and wouldn't get glancing blows, but wasn't really thinking about cleave-spamming.)
    I didn't say what he was saying was wrong but it still doesn't have anything to do with the thread unless his Babarian is sporting a rune arm somehow
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

my back of the envelope says that a Divine Power'ed Arti probably gets about 150 bolts a minute if they're using Endless Fusilade if it's off-timer... .
    That's quite amazing. When I was counting Arti DPS I assumed 100 shots a minute. And I still got artis to about 500 DPS when counting rune arm and pet. With 150 shots, Artis will be looking at closer to 600 DPS, which is actually MORE than many high end dps builds. On the top of my head it should be one of the highest in the game. Assuming Rune arms fire every 6 seconds, and that the pet does 80-100 dps (that's the numbers I've been given, I don't play one of my own yet, so take the numbers with a grain of salt).

Would love a confirmation on shots per minute, along with detailed numbers of rune arms (great job thus far on that, Cforce, as per usual), and finally some pet confrimations as well.
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    That's quite amazing. When I was counting Arti DPS I assumed 100 shots a minute. And I still got artis to about 500 DPS when counting rune arm and pet. With 150 shots, Artis will be looking at closer to 600 DPS, which is actually MORE than many high end dps builds. On the top of my head it should be one of the highest in the game. Assuming Rune arms fire every 6 seconds, and that the pet does 80-100 dps (that's the numbers I've been given, I don't play one of my own yet, so take the numbers with a grain of salt).

Would love a confirmation on shots per minute, along with detailed numbers of rune arms (great job thus far on that, Cforce, as per usual), and finally some pet confrimations as well.
    I'll get the confirmation for you tonight on bolts/minute if someone else doesn't knock that out earlier.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Thanks for all of the great input so far, folks. I'm due for another pass on the OP to fold in more of the "generally maximizing spell damage" tips -- good stuff.
    Some interesting Rune Arm info can be found here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=334818

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post

In the somewhat-incomplete attack speed thread, someone had a level 9 arti with rapid shot, rapid reload, and Armor of Speed that they were able to get 75 shots off with in about 39 seconds, or about 1.9 bolts second. I'm assuming that gets up to a full 2/second at full BAB, but that's just a guess. The other fudge factor here is the exact timing on EF. It seems like about 2 seconds of wait time, followed by 30 bolts in 6 seconds.

Which means, in a minute, you would get about 44 seconds of "normal" firing (about 88-ish) and two full EF's for about 60 more bolts.

But this is all much more speculative than usual for me, since that rate hasn't been independently tested (that I know of), *and* I'm taking a guess at several of the exact numbers.
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok
    Thanks, that'd be great!

In the somewhat-incomplete attack speed thread, someone had a level 9 arti with rapid shot, rapid reload, and Armor of Speed that they were able to get 75 shots off with in about 39 seconds, or about 1.9 bolts second. I'm assuming that gets up to a full 2/second at full BAB, but that's just a guess. The other fudge factor here is the exact timing on EF. It seems like about 2 seconds of wait time, followed by 30 bolts in 6 seconds.

Which means, in a minute, you would get about 44 seconds of "normal" firing (about 88-ish) and two full EF's for about 60 more bolts.

But this is all much more speculative than usual for me, since that rate hasn't been independently tested (that I know of), *and* I'm taking a guess at several of the exact numbers.
    Hmm, that sounds very interesting. Even assuming 2 shots a second, an arti is looking at

Code:
    *Incoming VERY crude DPS calc of Artificers' DPS*
    Assuming a build that strives for max DPS ranged and has 1 TR as ranger and 
    all the DPS gear I assume for a melee. Using a lighting strike II crossbow together 
    with toven's and 42 int.

base
    16 int
    18 weapon*2(pbs)
    5 modifier (dunno if it gets multiplied by pbs so I leave it blank)
    4 claw
    2 shintao
    2 fb
    2 ranger past life
    2 pre
    9 song
    1 prayer
    -----------
    61*15=915

Sneak attack
    10.5 Half elf
    8 vod goggles
    ----------
    18.5*19=351.5

elemental damage
    7 holy
    3.5 shocking
    1 force
    9 toven's
    20 lighting strike *2 (toven's + gs)
    0.7 shocking blast
    2.2 shocking burst
    -----
    43.4*19=824.6/20 = 41.23

Criticals
    122 base
    20 seeker
    --------
    144*4=576

Average damage without elemental damage
    915+351.5+576=1842.5/20=92.127

boost
    Assuming that you've got damage boost 66% of the time for an effectiveness of 16.5%.
    92.127*1.165 = 107.32

Average damage
    107.32+41.23 = 148.55

DPS
    148.55*2=300 DPS
    300 dps from crossbow (assuming 2 shots a second)
    250 dps from rune arm (Assuming each bolt does the full damage)
    80 dps from pet

300+250+80=630 DPS
    Which is among the highest DPS possible in the game (disregarding casters).
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

Community Member

For the record, my test will be done w/ Rapid Reload but no Rapid Shot. I don't have room for Rapid Shot on my current build...currently playing w/ all 3 making DM's as well as construct essence (which I still maintain is a trap despite the fact I'm enjoying having it :P).
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    For the record, my test will be done w/ Rapid Reload but no Rapid Shot. I don't have room for Rapid Shot on my current build...currently playing w/ all 3 making DM's as well as construct essence (which I still maintain is a trap despite the fact I'm enjoying having it :P).
    Honestly I take construct essence so A) ANyone can heal me B) So Items like titans grip or Artificer Ring will heal me

As far as Not taking rapid shot while its not AS effective as rapid reload its still a decent chuck of speed what feat can you not lose that you didn't take that?

Community Member

Honestly I take construct essence so A) ANyone can heal me B) So Items like titans grip or Artificer Ring will heal me

As far as Not taking rapid shot while its not AS effective as rapid reload its still a decent chuck of speed what feat can you not lose that you didn't take that?
    Off the top of my head I've got Toughness, PBS, Quicken, Max, Empower, Construct Essence, iCrit Ranged, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Least DM of Making, Lesser DM, Greater DM, and Augment Summoning. That's 13 feats which is all of them. Once I get the crafting to the point I don't need the DM's then I'll dump them but for the time being they're necessary for crafting purposes. At that point I could take things like Rapid Shot.

I could see dropping one of the meta's but that wouldn't fit to what I'm doing right now. Quicken is nice because it makes those Reconstructs uninterruptable. I run solo quite a bit right now so that's important to me. Empower is a flat 25% improvement to spell damage over just Maximize and running solo I find myself doing quite a bit of blade barrier + pew pew pew kiting. That 25% is worth more to me right now than the extra xbow damage right now.

Eventually I definitely agree with you. When I dropped Spell Focus: UMD (finished my GS charisma item) it was either Rapid Shot or Construct Essence to take its place. It would be my next feat I'd pick and will be the first one I pick up once I don't need the Making DM's anymore.

Getting off topic here, but in my opinion ConEss is a trap.
    You have UMD as a class skill and extra caster levels on your scrolls with 75% mastery. Your Heal scrolls hit for 260 before any amp is factored in.
    Before you have the UMD to reliably use the scrolls (which happens faster on an Arty than any other UMD toon I might add) you have wands and pots and the Curative Admixtures.
    You have plenty of ways to heal yourself.
    Why spend a feat in order to be LESS heal-able from every single source available so that you have the option for a Quickened Recon.... that only heals for half?
    It's a waste of a feat and a complete trap.
    Last edited by Calebro; 12-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    You have UMD as a class skill and extra caster levels on your scrolls with 75% mastery. Your Heal scrolls hit for 260 before any amp is factored in.
    Before you have the UMD to reliably use the scrolls (which happens faster on an Arty than any other UMD toon I might add) you have wands and pots and the Curative Admixtures.
    Why spend a feat in order to be LESS heal-able from every single source available so that you have the option for a Quickened Recon.... that only heals for half?
    I agree with this. Well said.

+1

Community Member

Level 20 human artificer with Rapid Reload without Rapid Shot or Quick Draw, using a crafted Heavy Repeater

Buffs:
    None: 99 bolts / minute
    Haste: 99 bolts / minute
    Divine Power: 105 bolts / minute
    Haste + Divine Power: 105 bolts / minute

Repeating Light XBow, same toon:
    Haste + Divine Power: 111 bolts / minute

I know that no one was suggesting haste worked but figured I'd test it while I was on. I may drop the construct essence and get buy with emergency quickened admixtures and heal scrolls/cure serious or crit wands. If I go there in a couple days I'll post the new results.

These numbers fluctuated a bit in some tests...I almost got another barrage on the 105 tests and the 111 test was only run once so could fall closer to 108. Would need more testing to be sure. These tests were ran with autofire and without any endless fuselage usage so people may be able to do better but this is the baseline.
    Last edited by Darkrok; 12-05-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    Not wanting to derail and I agree that construct essence is not a great feat, but how does an artificer reliably UMD scrolls sooner than a CHA spellsinger?
    Last edited by Aashrym; 12-06-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: edited for the faster police :D

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast