Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have also been experiencing this issue... I keep failing all of my saving throws unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Logging into MYDDO and then going to the forums has fixed this for me, but the format of the forums seems to have chagned on me now....it's wierd, all the posts are elongated and stretched from left side to right side now....it wasn't like this yesterday, but today it is...

Oh well, if it will just stop making me log in twice every 5 minutes...I can live with the rest of the ****. (doesn't mean I won't ***** about it )

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    Just log in through MyDDO and check the 'Remember Me' box and navigate back to the forums.

This works for me as well.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Hai guise! (And Hello, World!)

We have a fix in the works that will address this timeout issue.

In the meantime, feel free to continue to report in this thread if you are having this issue. In your report, please be sure to include the URL that is asking you to log in, how long has it been since you logged in, and how you logged in.

Example:
    I clicked on a link in the forums that led me to a login page here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4185497
    I logged in by clicking "Log In" on forums.ddo.com
    I logged in about 15 minutes ago

Also, if you are reporting this on a different day than you've experienced it (i.e. If you are reporting this today that the forum asked you to log in yesterday) be sure to include that in your post!

Out of curiosity, can you make it so that DDO.com does not redirect me to Signup.ddo.com/signup.php if I am logged into the forums? Its a little frustrating to be asked to sign up for a game I already play.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you make it so that DDO.com does not redirect me to Signup.ddo.com/signup.php if I am logged into the forums? Its a little frustrating to be asked to sign up for a game I already play.
    Trying to keep this thread related to this specific timeout issue, feel free to create a new thread in this forum with your suggestion(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Have you tried logging in through MyDDO instead of directly to the forums? It works for me, at least, haven't gotten logged out since.
    That works great! Thanks!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    Just log in through MyDDO and check the 'Remember Me' box and navigate back to the forums.

I know it isn't an intuitive or obvious solution, but it does work. No more 5 minute sessions. I'm kind of surprised Tolero didn't mention this when replying. Afaik, its the only workaround we have right now.
    I hope this works. The autologout issues have been keeping me from posting on the forums. O.o

So far, the Myddo login is working 100% for me. I don't know if it's intended that there be NO logout time though.

I just went away on Thanksgiving vacation and got back and I'm still logged in (via cookies I imagine). I am completely happy with no expiration, ever. But just wanted to report it in case it wasn't intended.

Thanks for the thread rename by the way. While I feel no embarrassment over speaking out when something bothers me, as this became an official thread to collect data...well...lets just say I would have chosen a less frustrated title, hehe.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PestWulf View Post
    So far, the Myddo login is working 100% for me. I don't know if it's intended that there be NO logout time though.

I just went away on Thanksgiving vacation and got back and I'm still logged in (via cookies I imagine). I am completely happy with no expiration, ever. But just wanted to report it in case it wasn't intended.

Thanks for the thread rename by the way. While I feel no embarrassment over speaking out when something bothers me, as this became an official thread to collect data...well...lets just say I would have chosen a less frustrated title, hehe.
    So far it is working for me too. I hope they fix the main login stuff though.

Community Member

Default in game Browser fix

I went to the in game browser folder and deleted the cache and temp files, then in-game bug reporting worked fine

Maybe this will help

if your not sure which files DON"T delete just move to recycle bin

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by PestWulf View Post
    Bless you for the MYDDO suggestion. I have been quietly fueling a rage every time I have to relogin twice, find the thread I was just on so that I could post a reply.

This makes life so much simpler now, thanks!
    +1

FORUM STICKY:
    Logged out of forums too quickly

• Altho', 6 weeks later, I have to ask... how far away is "on the way"?

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Wanted to update on the logout issue - during Monday's maintenance we'll be doing some work to remedy this. Thanks for your patience!

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Wanted to update on the logout issue - during Monday's maintenance we'll be doing some work to remedy this. Thanks for your patience!
    Is it just the fora (sorry, "forums") log-out issue, or is it also the MyDDO log-out issue? And if the later, will the "broken" spell-checker be "fixed", too? And can I think of any other related issues to ask about at this time?

(Looks like "no"...)
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Is it just the fora (sorry, "forums") log-out issue, or is it also the MyDDO log-out issue? And if the later, will the "broken" spell-checker be "fixed", too? And can I think of any other related issues to ask about at this time?

(Looks like "no"...)
    Should help with log-out problems across the board. (I'll check with webdev on the spell checker one)

... and there was much rejoicing. Yay! yay! yay!

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Should help with log-out problems across the board. (I'll check with webdev on the spell checker one)
    Cool. Thanks!
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Today's maintenance did include changes aimed at fixing logout issues on the forums. Please let us know if you find yourself logged out sooner than a couple of hours after logging in.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Today's maintenance did include changes aimed at fixing logout issues on the forums. Please let us know if you find yourself logged out sooner than a couple of hours after logging in.
    Well I hve noticed an improvement in the logout issue, I am however experiencing a problem with the loadinf of MYDDO page. The dreaded black page with the Lottery entry window.

I noticed this over the weekend, but I figured I wait to see if today's Maintencance would fix the problem, However it is still a problem for me. I have re-load the page 8 or 9 times to get it to load properly.

Was wondering if this display problem might be tied to the number of Lottery Wins/Enteries, as I noticed that if I have no lottery enteries it will usually load without a problem.

Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing thihs problem also?
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Logging in through MyDDO has always worked to keep me logged in in Firefox, however 75% of my posting is done from the in game MyDDO window.

Just minutes before making this post from in game, I was logged out of the forums and the Home tab again gave me the "Unable to log you in automatically due to web authentication issues" screen. The Home Button (house) logged me back into MyDDO, as it always has, but it seems the fix still has hiccups with the in game browser.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast