Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

In this link is the two Dryad Challenges 6 Star.

Lightazk - Solo - Thelanis

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=395283

23 -Gold stars

1 -4 star

3 -3 star
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Default Because Shade said it couldn't be done

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=22

lol, I didn't even have power attack on.

Quote Originally Posted by Therrias View Post
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=22

lol, I didn't even have power attack on.
    Perhaps you should re-read the challenge.

You ran the wrong challenge (the epic version does NOT reward whats needed for that axe), and ran a character that would get near-zero rewards due to your level. (-80% penalty on rewards if you ran the correct challenge at lvl25)

Yes epic extremely welll geared (You have various greensteel, epics and even a litany on the bar ...) epic level25 barbarians do well in challenges. Fresh 20 ones do not.

But the entire discussion was regarding a FRESH20 level20 barbarian, and the specific challenge he had to run to get the weapon you recommended was Time is Money - 20, not Epic lava caves 25.

So severe failure to understand the discussion is all you proved there. There is a very good reason I've seperate the epic and non epic scores in the OP.

I can still post your score to the OP if you so desire.
    Last edited by Shade; 12-11-2012 at 10:18 AM.

You ran the wrong challenge (the epic version does NOT reward whats needed for that axe), and ran a character that would get near-zero rewards due to your level. (-80% penalty on rewards if you ran the correct challenge at lvl25)
    What was discussed in the thread is that the epic ingredients from this challenge can be earned at far more than twice the rate (like 4-5x the rate) than the ones that are needed, then traded at a 2/1 rate to bypass the lame kobold challenge quests which are fixed in duration where you ned to be in 4 places at once.

As far as convincing people to help run this, its easy to do, because if anyone ever wants to TR or augment an item, this is the fastest way to gain epic tokens in the game when done correctly.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Yes epic extremely welll geared (You have various greensteel, epics and even a litany on the bar ...) epic level25 barbarians do well in challenges. Fresh 20 ones do not.
    Actually that is a level 22 pure stalwart fighter with no meaningful EDs. Less powerful in challenges than a level 20 barb IMO.

But the entire discussion was regarding a FRESH20 level20 barbarian, and the specific challenge he had to run to get the weapon you recommended was Time is Money - 20, not Epic lava caves 25.
    I did "Time is Money -25", check the SS. If a 22 stalwart fighter can excel in CR 25, then a 20 barb can do even better in CR 20. Maybe you skipped over my post between you calling me out and my posting of the ss. I never said that a fresh 20 would post these scores on their first ever try.

So severe failure to understand the discussion is all you proved there. There is a very good reason I've seperate the epic and non epic scores in the OP.
    No, I proved that it is possible to consistently average above 150 mats in Time is Money on back to back runs. Which you said is impossible.

(I've got 5 other SSs that I took with the same shipbuffs running, and I'll post them if you feel like calling me out again.)

I can still post your score to the OP if you so desire.
    Don't bother, unless you are starting a section specifically for solo mat high scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    What was discussed in the thread is that the epic ingredients from this challenge can be earned at far more than twice the rate (like 4-5x the rate) than the ones that are needed, then traded at a 2/1 rate to bypass the lame kobold challenge quests which are fixed in duration where you ned to be in 4 places at once.

As far as convincing people to help run this, its easy to do, because if anyone ever wants to TR or augment an item, this is the fastest way to gain epic tokens in the game when done correctly.
    That is NOT what was discussed in that thread. The OP very clearly listed his character level and status.

And last I checked, you can not trade epic ingredients for non epic ones. You must run the non epic versions, and you must do it without taking lvl21+ characters if you want to get any reasonable reward. It's very difficult for new players. I did had to do it recently to help a guildie get an item, and running old alts at lvl20 isn't exactly a walk in the park either.

How about giving judo his number 1 spot for 23gold stars, since I'm sure that rates better then 22 gold stars last time I checked or is this a leaderboard where you just try to keep your name at the number 1 position?
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Think even the math comprehension needed to understand 23>22 is too high for Shade.
    Derp
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

If this thread is still valid in any form id like to claim

Fire arena solo CR30 1019 points
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Community Member

Posting mine as I notice some of the 6 stars are significantly higher score than others, wonder if it could break some records.

Character name and class split are behind the challange window

Crystal Cove challenge level 30 Thelanis server high score according to the tracker.

Yea I might get around to updating this eventually now some more challenges were updated. Much higher scores should be possible now with the many recent destiny fixes.

Also seems the official leaderboard is working somewhat again, so thats good.

RE: 1 more star - um yea I'm pretty sure Judo is a smart enough guy to realise that the one new challenge added is a joke difficulty wise, so yea I 6star'd it solo on lammania the day it came out with along with many others I'm sure (and posted that in the relevant feedback thread). So yea I don't think he's silly enough to think he should be claiming the #1 most golds slot, but yea could tie me for it I guess, if I update the thread.

If theres more interest shown and more top scores submited I'll probably update.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post
    How about giving judo his number 1 spot for 23gold stars, since I'm sure that rates better then 22 gold stars last time I checked
    Micheal Jordon would agree.

Yea I might get around to updating this eventually now some more challenges were updated. Much higher scores should be possible now with the many recent destiny fixes.

Also seems the official leaderboard is working somewhat again, so thats good.

RE: 1 more star - um yea I'm pretty sure Judo is a smart enough guy to realise that the one new challenge added is a joke difficulty wise, so yea I 6star'd it solo on lammania the day it came out with along with many others I'm sure (and posted that in the relevant feedback thread). So yea I don't think he's silly enough to think he should be claiming the #1 most golds slot, but yea could tie me for it I guess, if I update the thread.

If theres more interest shown and more top scores submited I'll probably update.
    If this was meant to be ironic, it's hilarious. If it wasn't, even more hilarious. I fear the latter.
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567