Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Arrow Maximum possible challenge favor achieved

Went to finish capping my favor and got every challenge 6 stard. Well every one that is possibly anyways:

22 six star'd (maximum possible for U14):

Disruptor and Shortcuts are broken and impossible to achieve over 3 stars due to simply 100% impossible objectives. (You need to reach impossible levels of rates/upgrades that simply cannot be done even if you were an advanced mililtary android). No one has ever done more then 3 stars even on the lowest CRs. Proof is aval on the official leaderboards, which has zero completions of 4+ stars, but tons at 1-3.
    Pic of them at 3 anyways (which is actually kind of hard)
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9...islandones.jpg

Thus current maximum challenge favor is:
    5 PDKs @ 6 a piece = 30 PDK favor
    17 Canniths @ 6 a piece = 102 Cannith favor
    4 broken canniths @ 3 a piece = 12 Cannith favor
    Grand total = 144 favor

Cpl select runs from our 6star-athon I thought were particularly challenging. more to come later:
    Ring of Fire - CR30, 6 stars: 911. The toughest challeng combat-wise for sure.

Sunset Ritual - CR30, 6 stars: 290. Also a tough one combat wise, tho a lot easier then the arena, and fun to run, so I run this one a LOT and am very good at it, wont be an easy score to beat, tho it is beatable if your up for some healthy competition.

Epic Lava Caves- Collosal Crystals - CR25, 6 stars, 755
    . Possiblt the toughest challenge to 6 star because of non-combat reason, the strategy, luck and teamwork required is utterly insane. Im betting we are the only group to ever do this, took an insane amount of effort.

Epic Rushmoors - Moving Targets - CR25, 6 stars - 4973
    - A crazy hard challenge and crazy high score considering (ultimate characters making insane use of blitz and other powerful abilities was required). This one took 3 tries iirc due to incredibly poor luck on the boss teleports.
    Last edited by Shade; 07-15-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: miscounted, i got 22

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Disruptor and Shortcuts are broken and impossible to achieve over 3 stars due to simply 100% impossible objectives. (You need to reach impossible levels of rates/upgrades that simply cannot be done even if you were an advanced mililtary android). No one has ever done more then 3 stars even on the lowest CRs. Proof is aval on the official leaderboards, which has zero completions of 3 stars, but tons at 1-3.
    Pic of them at 3 anyways (which is actually kind of hard)
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9...islandones.jpg

While I agree with you that these two are impossible, one of the devs has stated he thought it was impossible too until he saw it done with his own eyes.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Default Congrats!

I am still in the process of getting though them. I still have the mansion ones and colossal crystals to go. And I haven't done any of the PDK ones to 6 stars, yet.

And, I put together a couple of spreadsheets on how I think you can get through the island ones, but it leaves almost no room for error. I think my first assumption on both is that the all 4 cyrstal extractors have to be running in the first 10 seconds, which is nearly impossible due to just loading lag... I think I can extend that out, but I haven't. I may crunch the numbers some more and see if I can't get a dedicated group to really give it a run for its money.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    While I agree with you that these two are impossible, one of the devs has stated he thought it was impossible too until he saw it done with his own eyes.
    I think he was mistaken or being vague about the challenge then. Maybe he meant kobold chaos? thats doable.

Anyways for said dev:
    Screenshot or it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    I am still in the process of getting though them. I still have the mansion ones and colossal crystals to go. And I haven't done any of the PDK ones to 6 stars, yet.

And, I put together a couple of spreadsheets on how I think you can get through the island ones, but it leaves almost no room for error. I think my first assumption on both is that the all 4 cyrstal extractors have to be running in the first 10 seconds, which is nearly impossible due to just loading lag... I think I can extend that out, but I haven't. I may crunch the numbers some more and see if I can't get a dedicated group to really give it a run for its money.
    someone i trust at math already proven shortcuts is 100% mathematically impossible on the extra rate part. In addition to the math, one other star is simply broken:
    -The 25 orthons one. They simply never spawn - No matter what, this one is 100% impossible. 25 simply do not spawn. The maximum that spawn is about 10. They also do not count on the objective screen, so even if a GM spawned 25, and u wiped them out with EiN, you would likely still not get the star.

Disrupt was shown to be kinda 4 starable, but not really as it requires:
    -100% perfect luck (in a challenge where luck is impossibly rare and insanely important)
    -100% perfect precision (again in a ULTRA HARD challenge)
    -100% perfect waste of ~300 turbine points PER ATTEMPT

In additon, 3 stars conflict matematically:
    (Optional) Fully Upgrade all three Large Extractors
    (Optional) Leave the Entropic Giant Skeleton alive for 5 minutes
    (Optional) Have 10 Level 2 Turrets active at once (Requires 5 requisition forms)
    You can only get any 2 of 3 of these, as they are each detrimental to each other. And even getting 2 requires a 1 in a million spawn type luck roll. (giant has to spawn at the EXACT perfect moment, and die at teh EXACT perfect moment, then not respawn ever)
    Last edited by Shade; 07-13-2012 at 11:34 AM.

I think he was mistaken or being vague about the challenge then. Maybe he meant kobold chaos? thats doable.

Anyways for said dev:
    Screenshot or it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    It is possible...see it with me own eyes.
    For reference, but as you said in that thread let's see a video of it happening because I don't see how it can be done either.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

someone i trust at math already proven shortcuts is 100% mathematically impossible on the extra rate part. In addition to the math, one other star is simply broken:
    -The 25 orthons one. They simply never spawn - No matter what, this one is 100% impossible. 25 simply do not spawn. The maximum that spawn is about 10. They also do not count on the objective screen, so even if a GM spawned 25, and u wiped them out with EiN, you would likely still not get the star.

Disrupt was shown to be kinda 4 starable, but not really as it requires:
    -100% perfect luck (in a challenge where luck is impossibly rare and insanely important)
    -100% perfect precision (again in a ULTRA HARD challenge)
    -100% perfect waste of ~300 turbine points PER ATTEMPT

In additon, 3 stars conflict matematically:
    (Optional) Fully Upgrade all three Large Extractors
    (Optional) Leave the Entropic Giant Skeleton alive for 5 minutes
    (Optional) Have 10 Level 2 Turrets active at once (Requires 5 requisition forms)
    You can only get any 2 of 3 of these, as they are each detrimental to each other. And even getting 2 requires a 1 in a million spawn type luck roll. (giant has to spawn at the EXACT perfect moment, and die at teh EXACT perfect moment, then not respawn ever)
    While I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me, the way to make it possible to get the extractor total is to first understand the proper time to start up a large extractor (and when NOT to start up a small extractor) and also it involves killing the archon (I admit that this is definitely where luck plays a part as his spawn time/ location is always random as is the amount of crystals it drops when you kill it), but I was able to work the number to make it MATHEMATICALLY possible; however impractical it may be. Maybe when I get home, I'll look at it and post something.

At this point, I don't have to be the first to do it. I want anyone to prove it can be done and I will take it as a challenge to make it happen for me.

And I do agree that the orthon spawning is an issue as well, but I have never gotten into a full group (which I am sure is needed to get the amount of spawns that is needed due to scaling) that is able to do it well enough to get to the quota fast enough to start the spawning (which I was lead to believe is the time when they spawn based on some other posts).
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Thumbs up

OK, so I couldn't wait.

Here is the calculation for Short Cuts. If you can get all 4 smalls running in 15 seconds and upgrade them EXACTLY at the right time and don't get any shards from the Archon (which would make it easier), you can make it with 1 second to spare.

Old............New............Target.........Time. to.......................Extractor
    Rate...........Rate...........Goal.to........reach ..........Running........to
    ..............................Upgrade........targe t.........time...........upgrade

0..............0..............15.................. ..........15.............4 smalls
    0..............1..............75.............75... ..........90.............small1
    1..............1.5............75.............50... ..........140............small2
    1.5............2..............300............150.. ..........290............large1
    2..............4.5............300............67... ..........357............large2
    4.5............7..............300............43... ..........400............large3
    7..............9.5............75.............8.... ..........407............small3
    9.5............10.............75.............8.... ..........415............small4
    10.............10.5...........400............39... ..........454............large1
    10.5...........13.............400............31... ..........485............large2
    13.............15.5...........400............26... ..........511............large3
    15.5...........18.............500............28... ..........539............large1

Original quest time 600
    One additional minute 60
    Max quest time 660
    Max quest time - 2 minutes 540

EDIT: If you only upgrade 3 smalls, you actually gain a few more seconds.

0..............0..............15.................. ..........15.............4 smalls
    0..............1..............75.............75... ..........90.............small1
    1..............1.5............75.............50... ..........140............small2
    1.5............2..............300............150.. ..........290............large1
    2..............4.5............300............67... ..........357............large2
    4.5............7..............300............43... ..........400............large3
    7..............9.5............75.............8.... ..........407............small3
    9.5............10.............400............40... ..........447............large1
    10.............12.5...........400............32... ..........479............large2
    12.5...........15.............400............27... ..........506............large3
    15.............17.5...........500............29... ..........535............large1
    Last edited by Healemup; 07-13-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    OK, so I couldn't wait.

Here is the calculation for Short Cuts. If you can get all 4 smalls running in 15 seconds and upgrade them EXACTLY at the right time and don't get any shards from the Archon (which would make it easier), you can make it with 1 second to spare.

Old............New............Target.........Time. to.......................Extractor
    Rate...........Rate...........Goal.to........reach ..........Running........to
    ..............................Upgrade........targe t.........time...........upgrade

9.5............10.............75.............8.... ..........415............small4
    10.............10.5...........400............39... ..........454............large1
    10.5...........13.............400............31... ..........485............large2
    13.............15.5...........400............26... ..........511............large3
    15.5...........18.............500............28... ..........539............large1

Original quest time 600
    One additional minute 60
    Max quest time 660
    Max quest time - 2 minutes 540

EDIT: If you only upgrade 3 smalls, you actually gain a few more seconds.

9.5............10.............400............40... ..........447............large1
    10.............12.5...........400............32... ..........479............large2
    12.5...........15.............400............27... ..........506............large3
    15.............17.5...........500............29... ..........535............large1
    thats nice.

But the thing is.. Where are your part calculations?
    You cannot get enough parts to do it.. As you cannot kill any kobolds or you lose a star.
    Its not possible.

and yes, I did a 100 near-flawless run in a full group of the best players i know with ILLEGAL timed upgrades (u can actually double upgrade and go into the negative if ur time the upgrade with MILLSECOND precision).. and still only 5 orthons spawned.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

thats nice.

But the thing is.. Where are your part calculations?
    You cannot get enough parts to do it.. As you cannot kill any kobolds or you lose a star.
    Its not possible.

and yes, I did a 100 near-flawless run in a full group of the best players i know with ILLEGAL timed upgrades (u can actually double upgrade and go into the negative if ur time the upgrade with MILLSECOND precision).. and still only 5 orthons spawned.
    Agreed. My math also came out saying it was theoretically possible without using A Minute of Time assuming quick upgrades, even probably solo if you had infinite parts, but the Orthon thing is a total deal-breaker since I don't think the few that spawn even count at the moment without mentioning that literally enough don't appear to complete the objective anyway. A lucky early archon takes pretty good care of the shard situation.

The answer to the parts thing is a really lucky supply chest or two which can drop 30 parts each. Smalls are 4 parts for a full upgrade, and larges are 15, so 57 (-4 if you go 3 smalls) parts is what you need total. Even with very good idol drops of 5 each for 30 parts total, you still need at least 1 perfect chest.

There is absolutely no way I would be trying to 6 star this until the orthons are fixed, and even if they were, the amount of star alignment required necessitates either a light monk of at least level 3, or fortnight of non-stop play. Broken.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Something wrong with your calcs shade, I have 18 6 stars (including PDK),
    and have 8 canniths i haven't 6 starred yet, 4 being shortcut/disruptor.

But the other 4 are doable, so max gold stars is 22.

Edit:

You simply miscounted, you have 22 gold starred...clerical error?

(maybe you never updated post?)
    Last edited by Judo; 07-14-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    You simply miscounted, you have 22 gold starred.
    Thanks. Fixed both posts.

re: Your claim. While I believe you, i do require screenshots posted in this thread if you would like it added to the leaderboard.

Thanks. Fixed both posts.

re: Your claim. While I believe you, i do require screenshots posted in this thread if you would like it added to the leaderboard.
    wasn't going for inclusion, just collusion, I'll update after a few more
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Went to finish capping my favor and got every challenge 6 stard. Well every one that is possibly anyways:

22 six star'd (maximum possible for U14):
    Very nice!
    22 gold stars? Impossible!
    Congrats!

Not sure if you still collect the data for this thread.

Anyway, giving you same data to consider:

Challenge lvl 22 / Party lvl 22

Kobold Island:
    1. Vidikron - Robai, Borzoi, Vosi, Anihilator - Orien - Epic Disruptor 22/22 - 1845

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Very nice!
    22 gold stars? Impossible!
    Congrats!

Not sure if you still collect the data for this thread.

Anyway, giving you same data to consider:

Challenge lvl 22 / Party lvl 22

Kobold Island:
    1. Vidikron - Robai, Borzoi, Vosi, Anihilator - Orien - Epic Disruptor 22/22 - 1845
    Thanks for the entry.
    Added.

Therack - Hirelings - Thelanis - Great Tree 22 - 1076

Pic portals, don't think there is a record for lvl 25 yet, solo.

moving targets lvl 25 solo 6 stars

gj to 6 stars movable targets - could you please write the path you used?

Quote Originally Posted by krtkoo View Post
    gj to 6 stars movable targets - could you please write the path you used?
    This is the path I took, and generally have always taken. If a boss spawned behind me, I went back, killed him, then continued on path. There were no deviations, just set backs as it were. The stars indicate a hidden path that I'm sure most know about, passing the spider queen. Map courtesy of Mjoll.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast