Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Best score for (Epic) Colossal Crystals. CR 21.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...nShot00105.jpg
    Aggrim - Khyber

TRed now, so nothing more in this thread for a while from me I reckon. Incidentally, I'm waiting for my Behind the Door CR 9 instance to time out; the lower difficulties seem to spawn fewer trash mobs (comparing solo to solo still), but with a much higher drop rate on crests from them. That or it's just a 12.1 change.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

hey awesome! People are playing challenges! I have been on exactly 2 challenge runs, I never see LFMs, my guildies aren't interested... is there like a secret fight club of challenge go-ers that I can get into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Was PM'd me this link:
    http://my.ddo.com/leaderboard/challenges/

Cool, I always expected a leaderboard from the get go.

Unsurprisingly bugged tho:
    -Listing party sizes of 7 in some place.. (check picture portals epic, khyber)
    -Most of the scores listed here aren't even there, tho a few old runes are.
    -Epics dont let you pick the CR, just 21 only.

So might have to maintain this thread a bit longer tell the bugs are worked out.

Updated, thx for entries.

I checked the leaderboard too to see if anyone beat us.. Nope,not evne close.

Tho actaully most of the top entries don't evne show there. Tho Puny's does, and his is indeed the top lava caves score gamewide from that list, so nice job. Also very nice aggrim, besting the score of MANY grps while solo, TR fast and show us some more uber scores.

If someone shows up in leaderboard with higher score then we have here ill consider it official and update OP, tho only the top scores.

Very bugged leader board.

I have run most of them at a high level, none of my characters are listed. I am listed in one party, but not under the challenge individually. Also lists our party as having 7 members, and a hireling (we had none).

I like the idea, but it needs a ton of work.
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
    Very bugged leader board.

I have run most of them at a high level, none of my characters are listed. I am listed in one party, but not under the challenge individually. Also lists our party as having 7 members, and a hireling (we had none).

I like the idea, but it needs a ton of work.
    Yea I talked to majormalph about that.. It's still considered "beta" i guess. It has problems updating, it's meant to update fairly fast.

atm it only contains data from Dec 8th to 9th, so a very limited subset.

Oh well. If you have some nice scores, post em in this thread for now tell they can get that improved.

Finally 6star'd collosal crystals:

This is one of the hardest to gold star by far. Last patch I believe it was pretty well impossible, but now that the kobolds with proginators can use the big teleporters, its doable..
    Hardest part was actaully killing off the kobolds at the end to get the 12 ressurections lol.. I had to set some torcs into deep lava and drown them hehe. I also had to use my minute of time as we only had 30 seconds left while I had that set up.. (I got it free off a mob kill, very rare drop, we didnt use any ddostore stuff).

That makes 10 goldstar'd:
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8766/10gold.jpg
    Thats pretty much every challenge gold'd thats reasonable doable atm.. The 2 other island ones are mathmatically impossible.. And the epic ones, well a few are doable im sure, but VERY hard.

Some new scores:
    Buying Time - 893.. We bought all the xtra time, and someon had a time requisition heh.. Kills get score here, so we killed everything, and got nearly every crystal.. Crystals is low tho cuz we spent a ton too.
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6...ingtime893.jpg

Also gonna track shard amount in kobold chaos cuz I like that one, and it heavily screws up your score if you run it at 20.. So ill track score and shards:
    http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/9611/6155shards.jpg

Photoship for the win? If it's not on our leaderboards it never happened!

Just kidding.

Wow - congrats - great job!

Rumor has it our leaderboards will be updated tomorrow - I look forward to seeing these!
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    -Epics dont let you pick the CR, just 21 only.
    Hmm, figured there were no scores above CR 21, have any of you guys completed 22 or higher?
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Hmm, figured there were no scores above CR 21, have any of you guys completed 22 or higher?
    I've 6starred time is money, epic on Sarlona.

According to our leader board Glyn already has a record at CR:25 3 starring it too.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 12-13-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Dragonmark of Scary & Hero Drakesblood's Avatar

Highest Score:
    Lava Caves:
    1. Ghallanda (Khyber) - 923 Epic Time is Money 21
    It should read Punny (Ghallanda), but I can understand that you really want Khyber to be the "Best" server~

Now I want to transfer over to Khyber so I can group with you, I just got my 150 Cannith favor for artificer. I have 4 Challenges 6 stared and one Dragon Hoard that bugged. Just seems that people hate running it on Ghallanda even after I post the 20-30k Exp reports for a 10 minute run.

You should post some tips and party makeup on some of the six stared challenges.

It only shows the CR if someone completed it at that CR. If you ran a CR 22 and completed it would show people under the CR 22 and not show a empty list. Though I wonder about the recording of party sizes? 7 people in a party with no hireling? Maybe a GM that joined a challenge session and not show up in a party UI?
    Last edited by Drakesblood; 12-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.

I've completed every epic challenge at it's maximum CR, 25.

Most only1-3 stars tho, 25 is stupidly hard due to dumb hp scaling. Had to do most solo/2man too to avoid mobs getting 10k+ hp.

Really suggest you fix the HP scalign on 25... 3 more players never means double the dps in this game, so double the hp just doesnt work.

Hp should be lowered on some insane enemies:
    -all red named in extraction challenges
    -cloud giant in lava caves

Dunno why u didnt od this last update anyways. You nerfed the **** out of the marilith and lich, which were way less HP then those guys anyways, and they are meant to be dangerous bosses, since they are optional and only happen after a "win". Were as the extraction ones are not really bosses, just annoying enemies that guard the larges taht come in pairs of 2.. Most grps end up kiting them and never killing them due to dumb hp.

TL;DR:
    Epics should not scale at all.
    HP dont need to be 300,000 on red named on 25.

TL;DR:
    Epics should not scale at all.
    HP dont need to be 300,000 on red named on 25.
    Aren't you the person normally championing harder content?

Some of this content can be 6 Starred on epic level 25 as is, the hp is too high that's undeniable, but since mobs don't regain neg levels like they do in normal epics, maybe you should think outside of "moar dps" and look into more tactics.

(hint, even wounding of puncturing has a place here)

-cloud giant in lava caves
    That thing is probably the most annoying named in any of the challenges, especially solo...

Nothing like standing around swinging at a mass of hp for 5 minutes while it randomly takes pot shots at the 10 kobolds standing nearby waiting for me to kill it
    Thelanis Thylus Thelassir Kjeldorn Ingrisstohr Khaarnath Lyriah Byrron Grunzo Thylandras Kharandras Thylandar Mallachias Kharnofski Grunzar Thyax Kharnoth Ghallanda Lykanthar Kharnor Thelanar Kharnaxe Kharnoth
    Khyber Gimpo

Community Member

How do you get the gold stars in the challenges? (6 favor)?

Edit: Nevermind saw a dev state what it was.
    Last edited by mudfud; 12-12-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post

Some of this content can be 6 Starred on epic level 25 as is, the hp is too high that's undeniable, but since mobs don't regain neg levels like they do in normal epics, maybe you should think outside of "moar dps" and look into more tactics.

And you have proof that neg lvls don't regenerate in these epics? We can't exactly examine them for an invisible debuff or wait around watching their hp bar as they kill off the kobolds.

Besides, some mobs like the animated armor can't be drained and have to be dps'ed into oblivion. Though granted they don't have as many hp as most other mobs.

Yeah I was soloing 25 Buying Time quite a bit.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Grats on the 6 star Colossal Crystals Shade!

I'd advocate epic Time is Money as doable 6 Star as well. Utterly giving up on crystals once I hit the quota, and just looping kobolds back and forth through a teleporter in a circle of power while I go giant hunt will be my strategy.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post

red named immune to neg lvl and only take 10 con dmg max, which does nearly nothing to this cloud giant guy. Same for the red undeads in disruptor. The heavily nerfed marilith and lcih are fine.

More hp has it's place. 2000% the hp of 21 which grants the exact same reward (minus the potential 1 favor) is broken.

tho his hp on 21 is broken too.

Yea the trash is doable with tactics like neg lvls and stuff, but theres no good melee option for that in grps, and the caster option is has a high sp cost. I do run these all on my sorc anyways tho as his spike dmg output is insane and is the only reasonable way to deal with the cloudgiant. It just shouldnt be required, most sorcs dont have near my power to end a ~100k hp target in under 70 seconds, and that s on 21.. 25 forget even killing him lesss u want to spend the whole challenge doing only that.

Up his dmg output so he 1 shot everyone on 25 would be more fun then just grinding down his enoumour hp.

Harder i like. It's not hard, its tedious, theres a difference

And talk is cheap. If you've 6 star'd an epic, proove it and post a pic.

Im sure some can be done too, but you need to either solo/2man em due to stupid sclaing, and/or use cheese tactics like kite mobs around endlessly due to dumb hp.

anyways wrong topic to discuss this, i made a thread, or 5 threads elsewhere for this,..
    Last edited by Shade; 12-13-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Grats on the 6 star Colossal Crystals Shade!

I'd advocate epic Time is Money as doable 6 Star as well. Utterly giving up on crystals once I hit the quota, and just looping kobolds back and forth through a teleporter in a circle of power while I go giant hunt will be my strategy.
    Yea got that done..

Did u mean epic time is money?
    Yea seems reasoanble doable now given the boss kill is the fire giant, an ice savant can burn him down pretty fast.. and the very easy star objectives are doable with nearly no kills at all, so the crazy mob hp wouldnt be too much of a problem.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast