Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Exclamation Version 0.0.1.7 released!

New version released...

- Add: Timers tab divided into 3 new tabs: Raids, Quests and Others
    - Add: Quest Timers tab now includes timers for all epic quests (Web of Chaos quests will only start working when Turbine fixes the log messages of those quests)
    - Add: Third run tab (to keep track of the 3rd run in quests and chains)
    - Log refresh code improved to increase performance
    - DDOViewer will now remember if the character log page is working by execution instead of by character
    - .NET error when exiting the Ingredients list after changing a value without changing selected cell
    - Miscellaneous fixes and improvements

NOTE:
    If you are updating from version 0.0.1.0 or bellow, the first run after the update may take longer then usual to start due to internal character database updates.
    Creator of DDOViewer

Exclamation Version 0.0.1.8 released!

0.0.1.8 released!
    - MyDDO bug workaround: lvl21+ characters Stats and Equipment tabs work again (even if MyDDO is not working for those characters)
    - MyDDO bug workaround: You can now add characters with the Druids class to DDOViewer
    - MyDDO bug workaround: You can now manualy set the character public forum Account name in the Summary tab. This will allow characters that are public in MyDDO to be recognized as such in DDOViewer when it is failing to get the character public forum Account name.
    - MyDDO bug workaround: Log info wont show classes level up anymore to prevent MyDDO log bug that stops listing log entries when a character takes a epic level. After you update DDOViewer, and because of the MyDDO log bug, you may need to do a full log refresh if you have been noticing that the information DDOViewer is showing is incomplete or not entirely updated (Log, Timers & Ransacks tab -> Log tab -> Refresh all using MyDDO popup item).
    - MyDDO bug workaround: Ability Modifiers are now calculated (instead of using MyDDO values)
    - Change: Ingredients list changed to Ingredients & others list
    - Add: Alchemical Crafting ingredients to Ingredients & others list
    - Add: Cannith Crafting ingredients to Ingredients & others list
    - Add: Challenges ingredients to Ingredients & others list
    - Add: Others ingredients to Ingredients & others list
    - Add: Yellow Dopant ingredient to the Green Steel and Tower of Despair Ingredients & others list tabs
    - Add: you can now add your entry to the Ingredients & others list lists
    - Add: more quests/chains to the Third runs tab
    - Add: Trial by Fury Trial of Wits solver
    - Fix: removed from Ransacks tab timers for quests with no name
    - Removed Quest Timers tab (not needed anymore)

(check the first post for more information)
    Creator of DDOViewer

Community Member

Looks like a nice tool indeed. I hope you continue to finish working on it, it would be really nice to have a working alternative to MyDDO since I think most of us have accepted the fact that MyDDO will never work.

I would also like to say thanks for spending so much time on it also.

Default Version 0.0.1.9 released!

0.0.1.9 released!
    - Fix: ingredients not loading correctly in the Ingredients & others list
    - Improved performance of Ingredients & others list loading
    Creator of DDOViewer

Default Ive been living under a rock apparently

Because I just today came across this. One word. Awesome. +! to you
    Thelanis: Vioxxx. Ravyn. Sykotik. Fuggly. Malefic. Blackndecker. Alchemyst. Twotone. Devient. Xeric. Alterboi. Taiping. Pickit. Arcanjel, et al.

Its not how you play the game but if you're gonna play the game to win!

Thumbs up

thanks for the great tool.
    also don't know if this is easely achievable but would be great if it would have a windows phone or ipad version.
    If the cost isn't too high I would have no problem with paying up for a tool like this on my smartphone/tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    thanks for the great tool.
    also don't know if this is easely achievable but would be great if it would have a windows phone or ipad version.
    If the cost isn't too high I would have no problem with paying up for a tool like this on my smartphone/tablet.
    I will probably look into it sooner or later but for now i am way to busy for that.
    (and sorry for the huge reply delay)
    Creator of DDOViewer

Default Version 0.0.2.0 released!

0.0.2.0 released!
    - MyDDO bug workaround: Timers tab takes in consideration True Reincarnations again
    - MyDDO bug workaround: Characters that were crashing DDOViewer when open shouldn't cause problems anymore
    - MyDDO bug workaround: Druid and Epic levels should be identified correctly again
    - MyDDO bug workaround: Stats and Equipment tabs use the DDO API only now (instead of using MyDDO also, performance gain but DDO API haves long cache timers, that are now showed in DDOViewer)
    - Change: Ingredients & others list content is now saved in the auto created ingredients.dat file instead of the info.dat file to prevent user erroneous overwrites when installing new versions of DDOViewer
    - Add: the add/edit custom ingredient window now haves quantity also
    - Add: you can now paste a image from the clipboard into the image box in the add/edit custom ingredient window
    - Add: you can now add more then one custom ingredient with the same name
    - Add: Refresh all using MyDDO option to the Timers, Ransacks and Third Runs tabs
    - Add: Refresh all using MyDDO refreshing status window now shows the estimated time to complete

Note: some things may take a bit more to appear the first time you run DDOViewer after updating
    Creator of DDOViewer

Quote Originally Posted by DDOViewer View Post
    Introducing DDOViewer

2013/01/06 - 0.0.2.0 version released.
    See Revision history bellow for details

With DDOViewer you can view all your characters:
    - Stats
    - Equipment
    - Log
    - Timers
    - Ransacks
    - And more!
    It also includes other tools to help you solve, for example, Shroud puzzles.

With time I am planning to add more things to the tool.

Remember to use the popup menus!
    Right mouse button click everywhere! Try it!

Screenshots:
    See bellow

Download:
    Version 0.0.2.0 zip
    Version 0.0.2.0 zip patch (use this one if you already have a previous version installed)
    I'm glad to see the next revision to this... Figured I'd quote this part too and bump the DL link to the top/bottom of the post to make it easier to find for some.
    Warning:
    - MyDDO is not fully working and is giving error all over the place or not displaying the information properly. DDOViewer 0.0.1.8 and up haves several workarounds to try to minimize or eliminate this errors. Hopefully, Turbine will fix MyDDO sooner or later.
    There is a post on DDOwiki that you might be interested in here.
    - If you are updating from version 0.0.1.0 or previous, the first run after the update may take longer then usual to start due to internal character database updates.
    - DDO U12.1 broke the character log page. DDOViewer 0.0.1.1 and up now checks the account log page making the log updates slower. Is is normal since the account log pages haves the log information of all account characters and DDOViewer needs to filter the entries for the character that is being updated.
    - DDO U13, U14 and Eveningstar related quests/dungeons/raids completions don't appear correctly in MyDDO log pages (name of quest/dungeon/raid missing). Because of that DDOViewer doesn't display the name in the log and the epic timers of those quest don't work (you have to set them manually).
    - DDOViewer 0.0.1.8 and up log info doesn't show classes level up anymore. This was made to prevent MyDDO log bug that stops listing log entries when a character takes a epic level. You may need to do a full log refresh if you have been noticing that the information DDOViewer is showing is incomplete or not entirely updated (Log, Timers & Ransacks tab -> Log tab -> Refresh all using MyDDO popup item).

Notes:
    - it doesn't asks your DDO account user/pass.
    - uses the DDO API and MyDDO to get the information of the character(s) you add.
    - like in the DDO API and MyDDO, if you don't want your char to appear in DDOViewer make it private.
    (and, like in the DDO API and MyDDO, some things will still be visible even if you make it private, like, for example, equipment)
    - created by a 3+ years DDO player that wants to remain anonymous (why posting with this account and not my main)

Requirements:
    -.NET 3.5 or above to run
    - Internet connection to check for new versions at start (if you didn't disable it in the options) and to get the dynamic information that needs (chars, items, etc)

Want to support DDOViewer?
    - Then donate any plat/gear/whatever to the DDOViewer character in the Khyber server. Not playing in any other server
    - Paypal donations also welcome and available here

Known issues:
    See Revision history bellow

Any feedback/comment is welcome. Even bug reports!
    Thanks
    DDOwiki.com sysop ---- ShoeMaker - talk - email
    Cannith - ShoeMaker - SwampBat - ShoeHealz - ShoePikes - ShoeStatz -- Argonnessen - ShoeMaker - SwampBat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Default Volunteers?

Are you accepting volunteers to help you bug fix and create workarounds?

Are you interested in creating an export tool that would create a file that could be loaded from Ron's character planner for those people that already have toons and can't decide what to take for level 12 for example?

I'm a volunteer on Ron's character planner (mostly text files for items and such at this point), and if you are interested, I would love to help with your project too.

DDOwiki.com sysop ---- ShoeMaker - talk - email
    Cannith - ShoeMaker - SwampBat - ShoeHealz - ShoePikes - ShoeStatz -- Argonnessen - ShoeMaker - SwampBat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech13 View Post
    Are you accepting volunteers to help you bug fix and create workarounds?

Are you interested in creating an export tool that would create a file that could be loaded from Ron's character planner for those people that already have toons and can't decide what to take for level 12 for example?

I'm a volunteer on Ron's character planner (mostly text files for items and such at this point), and if you are interested, I would love to help with your project too.

I will pm you
    Creator of DDOViewer

Default Gameover

DDOViewer as we know it is dead.
    Turbine is going to discontinue MyDDO and the API killing DDOViewer with it.
    More info here.
    Creator of DDOViewer

Community Member

Angry

Is there any chance that this or something like this will get ressurrected sometime?

I really want a way to print out/ export my full equipment list (preferably including whats in my bank too)

This looks great - I d/l'd it and ran it all before I noticed the bit about my DDO being shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrynn View Post
    Is there any chance that this or something like this will get ressurrected sometime?
    Only if Turbine republish their API I would guess. There's really nothing the community (and therefore the creator) can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrynn View Post

I really want a way to print out/ export my full equipment list (preferably including whats in my bank too)

This looks great - I d/l'd it and ran it all before I noticed the bit about my DDO being shutdown
    tbh, i dont see it happening.

That kind of automation would require Turbine providing a way for us (3rd party developers) to get the info and Turbine is doing the opposite, discontinuing the very little we had.

Infact, Turbine always provided me very little support.
    Most of the DDOViewer content was obtain from MyDDO by parsing the HTML pages. Something that i did on my own without any help from Turbine.
    Even the API come to my knownlage though a post in this topic and not from Turbine itself.

So, if i end up making a DDOViewer replacement it will have to be self suficient and not dependent of Turbine.
    (ie, the info the tool haves will have to be inserted manually by the user since there is no way to get the info from the game)
    Creator of DDOViewer

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678