Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Images are displaying fine for me! Looks like a cool project, good luck!
    So since a dev responded to this does that mean DDO is saying that this is not a scam and it is safe, I say this only becuase it looks like a cool tool but would hate for alot of community members to be pulled into a scam that a dev responded to sugesting that is was safe. So it would be really nice if someone official from DDO checked this out and let the community know. Thnaks.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    OK, let me put it this way:
    I like checking my timers on http://laferteconsulting.com/myddo/check_timer.php but I don't like the idea that any idiot can check my feats, spells etc.
    Any solution?
    Blame turbine, and lock your characters on MyDDO as private.

Seriously, the guys is just using Turbines own API to gather data that is available to anyone out there. Heck, he could just be spidering and parsing information also.

I'm not even using the tool yet I see you have two characters on Ghallanda open for being looked at.
    http://my.ddo.com/vellrad/characters/

Both are wizards, but why the heck you are have a shard of power in your trinket slot I have no idea.

The results that this program shows are ONLY as current as the information provided on MyDDO.com are.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilteck View Post
    So since a dev responded to this does that mean DDO is saying that this is not a scam and it is safe, I say this only becuase it looks like a cool tool but would hate for alot of community members to be pulled into a scam that a dev responded to sugesting that is was safe. So it would be really nice if someone official from DDO checked this out and let the community know. Thnaks.
    Cordovon, aka Jerry, aka Moduck, is not a developer. He is a moderator.

Also, programs like this came out in the first few weeks that MyDDO was released. Hardly a scam unless the program is looking for private information either being inputted by you, or scanning your hard drive. Of which I think current Win 7 actually has built in tools that can show such behavior now. I'd have to ask around to be certain.

If you think the programmer is scamming, don't run the program. For that matter, don't run anything you've ever downloaded including DDO because obviously, you are getting scammed. *sigh*

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Both are wizards, but why the heck you are have a shard of power in your trinket slot I have no idea.
    Off topic, but its a craftable trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Off topic, but its a craftable trinket.
    Actually it is on topic given your paranoia. So an upgraded shard doesn't show what cannith crafting has done to it. Interesting. Makes me wonder how other Cannith crafted objects turn out per MyDDO. Which is an different thread discussion.

How does it work with proxies? I don't see anywhere to set one in the gui itself. Does it just read the default browser settings, or IE specifically, or is it proxy-unaware?

Quote Originally Posted by DDOViewer View Post
    Can you send me a screenshot/text of the crash to davcin at davcin.com?
    (or just PM it)

Thanks
    Windows update took care of it. Nice little program. I would suggest using a BackgroundWorker to get the data from Turbine's servers as they are so slow it locks up the program for a bit. That way the interface would still be available while the information is downloading.

See the lottery viewer for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    How does it work with proxies? I don't see anywhere to set one in the gui itself. Does it just read the default browser settings, or IE specifically, or is it proxy-unaware?
    It reads the system browser settings.
    (the ones IE uses)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Windows update took care of it. Nice little program. I would suggest using a BackgroundWorker to get the data from Turbine's servers as they are so slow it locks up the program for a bit. That way the interface would still be available while the information is downloading.
    See the lottery viewer for an example.
    To make things faster it caches every bit of information it gets from Turbine/MyDDO/Others.
    In the first query it may take a while, specially in the log if you have a old char with a huge number of entries, but after that it uses the cached info and only queries Turbine/MyDDO/Others when it is time to refresh the cache (or you force it). In the log case, it only gets the new entries and doesn't get the entire log again (again, unless you force it).
    Creator of DDOViewer

Quote Originally Posted by DDOViewer View Post
    To make things faster it caches every bit of information it gets from Turbine/MyDDO/Others.
    I noticed. I just mentioned it because if someone is impatient on a Vista/Win7 and starts clicking randomly the OS may force the application to close rather than wait it out. That was the main reason I used the BackgroundWorker class.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    Can you send me the message text details?
    (PM or just send to davcin at davcin.com)

Was it the first time you run it?
    Creator of DDOViewer

New version released...

- Fixed crash related with chars with of in the last name. They can now be added without problems.
    - fixed '0' is not valid for 'emSize' crash

It should fix most of the crashes that are happening.
    Creator of DDOViewer

Seems like a handy utility, however it cant find some of my toons. Also the logs dont work, asks me to make my ddo public, and it allready is (I even made it public again to be sure, still doesnt work).

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzia View Post
    Seems like a handy utility, however it cant find some of my toons. Also the logs dont work, asks me to make my ddo public, and it allready is (I even made it public again to be sure, still doesnt work).
    The toons that it cant find it is probably because they are not in MyDDO and i cant really do anything about that...

About the other, try to choose 'Refresh using MyDDO' from the popup menu or try to open the stats tab and then the log tab again (popup menu 'Refresh using MyDDO' again). Or just readd the char and it should work.
    Creator of DDOViewer

Nvm, comodo defense+ blocking it from working (but not telling me). Works now

*possibly lol, its updating age, most run quest etc, but not the timers etc, /sigh
    Last edited by Rizzia; 11-20-2011 at 10:41 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council

still getting the same error. didn't check the text to see if it was the same, tho

loaded Pickt d'Locks just fine, tho
    Last edited by katz; 11-20-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Nvm, comodo defense+ blocking it from working (but not telling me). Works now
    *possibly lol, its updating age, most run quest etc, but not the timers etc, /sigh
    Try to re add the char to see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    still getting the same error. didn't check the text to see if it was the same, tho
    loaded Pickt d'Locks just fine, tho
    Please let me know when you can.
    Edit: try also to reinstall, the char you add with the 0.0.0.5 version is probably still there and may cause problems.
    Last edited by DDOViewer; 11-20-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Creator of DDOViewer

I seemed to have isolated the character loading problem, The app cant find toons with no surname. And I get multiple exceptions when i force add them. (dont have time to send all of em atm, If you do need them I can maybe pm you them later).

I seemed to have isolated the character loading problem, The app cant find toons with no surname. And I get multiple exceptions when i force add them. (dont have time to send all of em am, If you do need them I can maybe pm you them later).
    When you can please do, one should will be enough.
    Edit: nvm, i found one, will look into it
    Last edited by DDOViewer; 11-20-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Creator of DDOViewer

2015 DDO Players Council

also having same issue with characters with no last name. will PM error messages

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast