Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    Aasimar seems like a no brainer IMHO. Currently there is not a race, in game, w/a racial bonus to wisdom. This would provide more balance when considering a wisdom based character. Aasimar are physically similar to tieflings and humans, thus not needing too much in the way of engineering work to be done for the development team. Many more viable options would be made available to create dynamic fun to play characters and would lend great strength to several race/class combos to compete against some of the most powerful race/class (ie. HO Barb,WF Caster,Human/HE FVS, Dwarf Ftr, etc.). So much more to comment on why the Aasimar would be the best new race and why it makes sense too little time. Thats all for now I'll hang up and listen to your responses lol later.
    This and this again. We need a Wisdom based race, Aasimars are the best fit for this, both flavorful and cost effective to develop.
    Not to mention that with their great advantages they would make a perfect premium race, unlockable through favor/ddo store.

Default Gnomes First!

Aasimar and Tieflings as others have mentioned are fine. BUT, Gnomes first! DDO needs to fulfill it's obligation to include all core races and classes - Gnome is all that's left there and Gnomes are awesome - especially as artificers, bards, and wizards (particularly illusionists - so, included with a few new illusion spells)!
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member

I also agree that Gnomes should be the next race presented. Even though I'd love to see Shifters more than anything, I recognize the need and worth of Gnomes, even if their Dragonmark isn't the best and there's few illusion spells that may take advantage of their CL bonus.

That said, there's a few reasons why I find Gnomes must be released post-haste: one, they're the only PHB race that hasn't been released yet; two, they're another Small race, so Halflings won't feel abandoned; three, they're an awesome casting race, as they grant bonuses to Constitution but suffer no Intelligence or Charisma bonus, instead losing Strength in the process (not to mention their bonuses with Illusion spells).

The most important, though? Zilargo. Yes, I know we won't ever get to Zilargo, but the lore behind it? Priceless. It'd be amazing to hear Gnomes' voices, particularly if they have an Italian or Russian accent (or better yet, a mix of both! That, or Finnish...)

Just to clarify: I don't endorse that much the idea of tinker gnomes, though they CAN be an option (Zil gnomes are masters of elemental binding, even more than Cannith does), and much less their perception as a "silly" race. The suspense of Zil culture is probably one of the main reasons I'd like to see Gnomes in DDO.

Another thing I'd love to see is a monstrous race, specifically Goblins (there's Hobgoblins and Bugbears, but no Goblins in sight). It'd be fun to see a quest where you have to take sides in a Goblin/Kobold war, sorta like Kobold Assault, perhaps to boost PvP.

I'd love to see Aasimars and Tieflings, but that can be a race revealed later on. Aasimars and Tieflings aren't as important, IMO, to the world of Eberron as shifters and Kalashtar do. Given that Druids currently exist as a class, the same mechanic can be used for Shifting, at least the Rageclaw and Beasthide forms. I'd vie for Longtooth, as well, but how to justify a bite would be difficult.

no T800.. oh well next best thing is Warforge Titan XD

but seriously WF Titan have 0 INT, how is it possible to play a race that cannot learn anything but what it was programmed to?

i guess it would be better to add genomes or tieflings.

Sharp sword, short temper, any questions?
    I'm The Doctor so basically.. Run!

Default Giants

With enhancements to produce the sub race such as Storm Giant, Cloud Giant, Ogre or Ogre Magi. Perhaps OP territory but el that would rock.
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hunta-EU View Post
    With enhancements to produce the sub race such as Storm Giant, Cloud Giant, Ogre or Ogre Magi. Perhaps OP territory but el that would rock.
    It seems that you missed something. That would look sexy on a Half-Giant. They can have enhancements that evoke their heritage, at least their Giant Heritage (Ogre and Ogre Magi would have to wait for the Eneko). I mean, who wouldn't want to be such a race? Naturally psionic, a Stomp ability that trips everyone (and that can probably be boosted), and most important of all a boost to Strength! Sadly nothing can be done about the racial feature that crowns them (Powerful Build), but that would require Halflings to relinquish their somewhat boosted damage dice.

Drinking the One-Eared Bugbear out of ale.

Quote Originally Posted by NarakuSama View Post
    Genomes?
    Hell yes.

Bring back Warforged since they seem extinct now.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

i vote a for a race of monkey people with snakes instead of arms.

Quote Originally Posted by easyaction View Post
    i vote a for a race of monkey people with snakes instead of arms.
    Sounds like a great idea.
    Sarlona: Galerend Rivertorn (ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by NarakuSama View Post
    no T800.. oh well next best thing is Warforge Titan XD

but seriously WF Titan have 0 INT, how is it possible to play a race that cannot learn anything but what it was programmed to?

Well, it would be the race a lot of peopl ewould prefer. You program it to complete all quests, get all the loot, grind out all the EDs and then log off for a few weeks. Presto, the perfect toon, and how much fun youll have getting it there.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718