Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

VIP account:
    Day1: I got 3 tokens for 1st character and 1 for others.
    Day2: I got 1 token per character

Community Member

I just went now and got only one. VIP and only one (active) character.

day 1 got 1 token i think was because i logged on early
    day2 1 token.
    so if the 3 tokens were a one time thing the people who logged on early and really do the testing
    lose out?
    char/Darkmorph
    world/thelanis

Community Member

Another day, another absent bonus. The first 2 characters I talked to Kariya with did not bother talking to her for yesterday's Labor Shortage token and still only got 1 token each for today's Island one.

Even though it is still unknown as to why we aren't getting the promised bonus, we should still be informed as to what time, exactly, the daily token changes. Based solely on personal experience, it is not Midnight EST, as on day 1 characters that talked to Kariya within 5 minutes of each other at approx. 11:30pm EST got different tokens.

Just ask Shir Clowenks d'Phiarlan, he'll tell you Information Is Key.

Edit- added a 'pm' to the time for clarity.
    Last edited by DocBenway; 11-11-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Community Member ShotByBothSides's Avatar

I have received the 3 token bonus once only and that was on the first day of Update 12.

Since then 1 token is all any character is given.

The daily "reset" on getting the free challenge tokens from Kariya is based on 00:01 UTC, which translates to 7:01pm Eastern. This may change in the future, but that is how it is currently set. We are aware that there is an issue with the number of free tokens being distributed based on account, it's something we are currently investigating.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

So had one token from a previous challenge in inventory. Talked to daily guy with my first toon for the day. Got a message that I had already gotten the token.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The daily "reset" on getting the free challenge tokens from Kariya is based on 00:01 UTC, which translates to 7:01pm Eastern. This may change in the future, but that is how it is currently set. We are aware that there is an issue with the number of free tokens being distributed based on account, it's something we are currently investigating.
    Might also have a look at the ML analysis code. Not really opposed to banking the things, but when more than one char well below 15 gets tokens for ML 15 quests, somethings up there, I'd assume.

Community Member

Thank you for providing the timing info and best of luck in squashing the no-bonus bug. If there is any information / elaboration needed from the playerbase to help nail it down, we will gladly provide it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Might also have a look at the ML analysis code. Not really opposed to banking the things, but when more than one char well below 15 gets tokens for ML 15 quests, somethings up there, I'd assume.
    I believe by 'random' they mean random for the day, not for the character. I think the free daily quest yesterday was Labor Shortage, and that was the only free token being handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I believe by 'random' they mean random for the day, not for the character. I think the free daily quest yesterday was Labor Shortage, and that was the only free token being handed out.
    So far it was Kobol Chaos on day one(after Crystal change), Shortage on day two and Short Cuts Short Cuts on day 3

Can you explain why these don't go into one of our existing bags? The rate at which you add new stuff that doesn't go into bags is extremely irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by RTN View Post
    Can you explain why these don't go into one of our existing bags? The rate at which you add new stuff that doesn't go into bags is extremely irritating.
    Heck the rate at which they add stuff which goes into bags is annoying too.

Tons of the mechanics in game seem meant to spam inventory.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

only 1 token again today have never got more than 1 token.
    i only use 1 toon,i am premium,own all packs but the new challenges
    and i am not getting much of a chance to try these out.
    char/Darkmorph
    world/thelanis

Just to add a bit about the token handout behavior. On day one I got the 1 token for the Lava Caves then 2 on my alt on Cannith. I know you guys were aware of this problem and worked on it that day. After the challenge was changed and it was giving out the 3/1 tokens for the day I wasn't able to get the tokens again on the two characters that had already gotten theirs. Not a big deal, however I was able to swap servers and get the three tokens on my main on Sarlona. I also know I got multiple tokens (3) when I created a character on Argo. That is why I asked in my OP about whether or not the token handout was per server or account. This was only on day one.

I am bringing this up to see if that helps nail down the problem with the handouts per account.

Oh and I am a premium account.

Edit: BTW this handout behavior was the same on my wife's separate premium account on day one.

And thanks for the info on the handout reset time. Good luck on finding the bug in the handout tokens vendor.
    Last edited by wayreth602; 11-11-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Default Updated OP

I updated the original post to reflect Cordovan's post.

Thanks DocBenway for pointing others to this thread so we can consolidate our questions and answers.

+1 rep for DocBenway.
    Last edited by wayreth602; 11-11-2011 at 02:34 PM.

I edited the original post with links to the info that the devs have provided so far.

Community Member ShotByBothSides's Avatar

Thanks for the update

still 1 token today on my only toon a tr3,premium acc
    everday since u12 launch 1 token.
    wouldnt be so bad if you didnt loose token on a fail.
    char/Darkmorph
    world/thelanis

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast