Default Make store bags bount to Account

(Typo: Bount = Bound.)

Please?
    Otherwise each of our characters will have to buy one (Those who prefer to use one bag rather than just switching over the medium ones, even the large ones. I am refering to the Gargantuan bags.), and aside from Turbine making their profit, that's really annoying to take out ingredients, put them in the other bag, replace bags... etc...

Besides, I bet that if they were bound to account, much more people would buy them. Turbine win, players win, everyone is happy.
    Please?
    Last edited by Such755; 11-06-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Make store bags bound to account

Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post

Please?
    Otherwise each of our characters will have to buy one (Those who prefer to use one bag rather than just switching over the medium ones, even the large ones. I am refering to the Gargantuan bags.), and aside from Turbine making their profit, that's really annoying to take out ingredients, put them in the other bag, replace bags... etc...

Besides, I bet that if they were bound to account, much more people would buy them. Turbine win, players win, everyone is happy.
    Please?
    /Signed. They're rather costly and if I recall correctly it doesn't state in the DDO Store that they're Bound to Character.
    Slatere, Slaet, Sla, Sneakysla - Member of Hella Pro on Cannith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Too busy rampaging to repair right now.

Default Beaten to death.......BUT

Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post

Please?

Please?

I still agree with the subject. I still say, after buying my first hireling folder some 3 years ago or so, and seeing it was BtC, I swore to never buy another bag or folder from the store again as long as they remained BtC.

So far, I have a only the one hireling folder across several accounts/characters, and not a single store bought bag.

I often find myself not wanting to play a character for awhile, and play on another. I would probably buy a folder/bag for each one, since I delete characters and re-mold them so often. In fact, my Drow Wiz, my oldest character I have on the game I would have deleted LOOOONG ago (17 dex certainly is why it would be long gone) but I bought a stupid hireling folder for it, and it is BtC. Too much reason right there to re-roll her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonta View Post
    /Signed. They're rather costly and if I recall correctly it doesn't state in the DDO Store that they're Bound to Character.
    Yes please!, I created a character and wanted to delete him but I bought a larger bag, wont make that mistake again. It sucks I can move certain items from the store around but something like the ingredient bag is character bound makes no sense.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

As I wrote in a similar thread months ago...

BtC bags, I might buy a Collectible bag for the 2-3 characters I mainly quest with... at half the price. Maybe.

BtA bags, I would definitely buy Collectible, Gem, and Ingredients bag... at double the price.

BtC bags at the current price? Nope, no way, nuh uh, not gonna do it.

A single collectible bag that I could stick in the shared bank and have ALL my collectibles in it, emptying out my regular bags whenever I'm near a bank, and having everything readily available in one bag for whatever kind of crafting I'm doing? YES PLEASE.

A single gem bag that I can just transfer between characters and periodically dump in the bank for my hagglebard to empty at the vendor? YES PLEASE.

A single ingredient bag that I can keep in the bank and have ALL my essences and shards and other various crafting stuff in it? YES PLEASE.

A bunch of expensive BTC bags that I'd have to manually empty item by item to transfer anything? No thank you very much.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

/Signed

Not even to swap them between chars. But it makes deleting a char fairly costly
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon

/not signed

The idea is all one sided for the player, how does Turbine win?

I have purchased huge and gargantuin bags on all of my characters so it is obvious Turbine is winning. I am winning also because it is a service I desired and received.

Now if they wanted to add an account bag at a higher purchase price I bet they would also sell a lot of those as well.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    /not signed

I have purchased huge and gargantuin bags on all of my characters so it is obvious Turbine is winning. I am winning also because it is a service I desired and received.

Now if they wanted to add an account bag at a higher purchase price I bet they would also sell a lot of those as well.
    I guess for those who can afford 14-20 dollar per character over sub cost would have no problem buying a character locked item. =)

Would be nice if they were cheaper though =) like 40% less expensive, hell I would willing pay twice as much for a BtA version just so I can have that option but at the current price I can not afford it for every toon.

/not signed

Turbine wins with players like you, but they lose with players like me. I have no intention of buying a gargantuan bag even though I'd really like one because that gargantuan bag won't do me any good if I have to constantly shuffle items in and out of that bag to transfer them to another character. I'm better off with a Bound to Account large bag that costs 0 TP instead.

And players like you who want a gargantuan bag on each of your characters and are willing to pay for that many bags would also buy a bunch of those bags if they were BtA as well. The only difference is that those bags would be more useful to you because you could move them around to get the ingredients to the character that needs them more easily.

I have bought 0 bags because they're BtC instead of BtA.
    I would buy 5 or 6 of the bags if they were BtA.

You bought 3 bags per character even though they were BtC.
    You would have most likely bought 3 bags per charater if they were BtA as well.

/not signed

I have 2 large collectible bags, 4 large ingredient bags, and 1 large gem bag in my shared bank. All of these bags I picked up in game through planar shard turn in, 12 favor reward or I found in a chest.

extra 10 slots of shared bank = 995 tp (I haven't done this. I am content with the 20 from VIP)

vs.

Gargantuan ingredient bag @695 tp x 14 characters
    Huge Collectables Bag @595 tp x 14 characters
    Large Gem Bag @ 395 tp x 14 characters

9730+8330+5530=23590 tp.

The ingredient bags are on a 50% sale today... so I thought "why not?"
    It was a quarter to 1 a.m., I was drowsy. Normally I look for what I'll buy in the wiki or here. I didn't.
    Let me just copy paste the e-mail from my purchase....

Summary of Items Purchased:
    ITEM_______________________________PRICE_____QUANT ITY_TOTAL PRICE
    +20% Crafting Success Booster x25_____57 Points___4_________228 Points
    Gargantuan Ingredients Bag____________348 Points__3_________1,044 Points
    Extra Large Ingredients Bag____________248 Points__2_________496 Points

Then I went, and happily draged the bags to my shared bank.
    When they did'nt go I froze....
    Looked at the description...
    Started sweating....

PMed two nice devs..... I still have hope to get these bags to my other characters, at least......
    Please Turbine, don't let this money of mine wasted. (~15U$, as I spent the double bonus points)
    Last edited by jejeba86; 12-09-2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: edited the table

At 50% off, I considered buying a Gargantuan Ingredients Bag for my crafting character, but since it's BtC, it would still be a massive pain in the behind to get all of the other characters' ingredients into my crafter's Gargantuan bag, so I didn't buy it.

If it were BtA, I'd have bought several of each Gargantuan bag back when it was full price.